Battle Pet Duping Bug

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Battle Pet Duping Bug

Unread post by Equeon »

Important note: this only works on the third battle pet in a group.

Details deleted by Moderator
Last edited by Equeon on Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: How to Dupe Battle Pets

Unread post by Tsuki »

Hmm...
I'll personally stay away from this, cause I'm paranoid when it comes to exploits, but it does seem pretty cool.
To add something to this, if you acidentally kill something you want to capture, and the battle doesn't end due to another pet being put in, you can just D/C yourself, and log back in and the pet'll be there as if untouched x3

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

Ijomi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Ijomi »

People can also use this to exploit the Auction House. I'm not sure why it's up here, I thought this board supported fair play. :s

Let me give Runty a good home. :hug:
Flight Rising!
deviantART!

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

How can they exploit it? Wild battle pets are BoP (they aren't even items, only the ones that are items can be sold as battle pets) and I posted this here so it could be patched.
I haven't even used this exploit myself, I just noticed this bug after catching an Imperial Eagle Chick, pressing "Enter Dungeon" a bit too soon, and then coming back soon after to find the same eagle chick still there.
Last edited by Equeon on Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

IDK, I'm pretty easy going when it comes to so-called "exploits" that Blizzard allows into their game as long as they don't harm other players, gain gold from the exploit, give you world or server firsts, or anything like that. My first thought was this is as harmless as Alt-F4ing to give someone the rare or if you've accidentally killed it. But if this actually duplicates the pet then it's probably borderline into exploit territory. I mean, you are getting a rare and your friend is getting a rare....from the same pet.

The flip side is maybe it's not really duplicating but rather just causing it to respawn. I've caught a rare normally and seen it respawn, as the same rare only seconds later so....

Ultimately it probably is harmless since they can't be bought or sold but it still seems like it's in the grey area. I'd probably do it for a rare Scourged Whelpling though, lol. I have a rare Minfernal but I actually want to use a Whelpling for battles.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

This is clearly an exploit that allows the duplication of items. Thanks for the report and I'll pass it along to Noah, but it's best if stuff like this isn't posted as a how-to guide.

Granted, it's a kind of tenuous and limited exploit, but still.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

One "legit dupe" I've noticed is with packs of animals in Pandaria. Say you have a bandicoon and her kits all trotting along. The bandicoon herself may call a variety of friends some times, but often the entire pack calls the exact same adds of the exact same quality. If you are lucky enough to get a pack that calls two different rares you want, be sure to battle the other members of the pack so that you have a good chance of getting both rares. That may be a bug or exploit, but it happens without doing any tricks. Just fair pet battles.