Page 1 of 1

White Polar Bear mount...

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:22 pm
by Sukurachi
I have three accounts (two of which count as a single battlenet account), and decided that I REALLY wanted the White Polar Bear mounts for my two baby Panda hunters (they have the Blizzard anniversary polar bear pet, and a pair of polar bear hunter pets).

Well, doing the Hyldnir dailies for over a month on two toons (one for each account that I want to have the mount).. and yesterday, the mount FINALLY drops for one of the two accounts...

Well, I told myself, it's not so bad, I can still double up toons from the two linked battlenet accounts and even if I get on only one of those, both accounts get the mount...

So today, I go in and start my new round of dailies, and...............

TADAH!!! very first toon that hands in quest: Reins of the White Polar Bear!!

I am in 7th heaven!

I'd promised I wouldn't level my Pandaren babies until they both had their mounts.

now my only issue is.. damn, that mount isn't as pretty as the Baby Blizzard Bear!
:lol:

Re: White Polar Bear mount...

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:14 am
by Snowbird
Congrats!! its a pretty Bear with Goggles! my faw one of them!

Re: White Polar Bear mount...

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:56 am
by Bowno
Grats! That one took me a while to finally get too.
I've never much enjoyed the fact they wear goggles though :c But I guess if it's a bear from Storm peaks, it wouldn't hurt to have something protecting its eyes from falling snow! After all.. One snowflake in your bears eye might send it tumbling off a cliff! Better safe than sorry XD

Re: White Polar Bear mount...

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:54 am
by Sukurachi
hehehe, I kind of like the goggles.. makes for cool bear, he wears cool glasses.

But the only thing that very mildly bothers me about this bear model is the colour. it's not quite really white. at least, not when compared to my polar bear hunter pets, or the Baby Blizzard Bear.

Re: White Polar Bear mount...

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:21 pm
by Wain
Congrats :) It took me two years (I do not exaggerate) of doing the dailies religiously for those blue Amazons before they gave me the bear. Then when I went through on my alt it dropped first day. That was like a month or two before MoP when mounts became shared and it didn't matter anymore :P

Re: White Polar Bear mount...

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:30 am
by Snowy
Congrats! I haven't even started those dailies yet, totally forgot about that mount!

Re: White Polar Bear mount...

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:51 am
by Sukurachi
thanks all for the congrats.

you know, I don't even think I had ever DONE those dailies before this.

I'd completely forgotten about that particular group. I had busily set myself to getting to exalted with Sons of Hodir, but never really realized that the Hyldnir also had (a) daily quest.

I tamed white polar bears for my two Pandaren hunters, and they keep their baby Blizzard bears out as their companions, so I had asked in /trade if anyone knew of any white bear mount... that's how I was reminded of this particular mount.

And after reading about the mount and this set of daily quests, I am absolutely amazed that I got the mount so fast. I can only thank providence for account-wide mounts!

Re: White Polar Bear mount...

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:23 am
by Meggers
Yeah I know it took at least two years of dailies for mine, stupid mountain water and cheese!

Re: White Polar Bear mount...

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:15 pm
by Sukurachi
LOL, yes, I WAS sort of getting sick of seeing "yeti cheese" in my loot bag... and the horrid thoughts of who exactly thought it would be a good idea to go out there and milk a yeti to get yeti milk and make yeti cheese?????

Re: White Polar Bear mount...

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:57 pm
by Sophistique
Grats XD I was glad I didn't have a major run for him as well - although it was funny, it was used as a "let's waste some time doing this daily while I camp TLPD" - turns out I had the Polar Bear weeks before TLPD showed up.