Page 1 of 1

I hate Alani. I hate Skyshards. I hate RNG.

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:41 am
by Tsuki
5 hours a day.
30 some days.
Constant farming of mobs in Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
0 Skyshards.
Not a single one.
At. All.
Ugh.

Re: I hate Alani. I hate Skyshards. I hate RNG.

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:52 am
by Snowbird
Ouch!! no good! i onlt got 2 shards'! nothing more!

Re: I hate Alani. I hate Skyshards. I hate RNG.

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:43 am
by Finduilas
I'm stuck at 2, too. I do the dailies almost every day. And never saw a single shard from the treasures of the vale yet. It's really frustrating. But I wish you the best luck! May shards be coming to you in masses!

Re: I hate Alani. I hate Skyshards. I hate RNG.

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:50 am
by Lisaara
If it means much....I'm exalted with the Golden Lotus and have only gotten one.

Re: I hate Alani. I hate Skyshards. I hate RNG.

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:25 am
by Miacoda
Yeah... I honestly don't like Alani's method at all. I have HORRIBLE RNG when it comes to rare drops and just... ugh.

Re: I hate Alani. I hate Skyshards. I hate RNG.

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:20 am
by Zhinru
I don't understand Skyshard method either. I'm almost exalted with GL (I was procastrinating a lot on them) and I still have not a single skyshard. I would have thought that by now I would have got at least... three of them. Because come on, as painful as some of those dailies are, I definitely don't want to do them anymore after I finish GL rep - which means I'm never gonna get Alani.

Re: I hate Alani. I hate Skyshards. I hate RNG.

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:28 am
by Lisaara
You should be able to get atleast 10 by the time you're exalted, IMHO.

Re: I hate Alani. I hate Skyshards. I hate RNG.

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:35 am
by Meggers
I got one out of the box and that's all I got period. :/

Re: I hate Alani. I hate Skyshards. I hate RNG.

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:57 pm
by Tsuki
I'm already exalted and been for a while... ;-;

Re: I hate Alani. I hate Skyshards. I hate RNG.

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:03 pm
by Mozag
I'm exalted on one character and revered on another and I have one. I kissed Alani goodbye after that.

Re: I hate Alani. I hate Skyshards. I hate RNG.

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:41 pm
by Snowy
Wow, that's shitty luck. :/
I haven't even been trying. I'm good at camping, I'm not good at all when it comes to farming...

Re: I hate Alani. I hate Skyshards. I hate RNG.

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:43 pm
by Bonita
I managed to somehow get 4 (during the 2nd week of MoP In think) because I was farming for motes. I farm for at least an hour a day everyday and haven't seen one since. Got super lucky and then nothing lol.

Re: I hate Alani. I hate Skyshards. I hate RNG.

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:27 pm
by Sophistique
Feel your pain...

0 Shards from the GL dailies and I'm two days off exalted now. Only had 2 drop from grinding the mobs, but I've been back and done some more grinding, I'm at 7 now so I should get back into it and finish the rest.

I've found more luck with the Mogu Spirits at the burial grounds, as the Tricksters always seem to get flooded by people on my server - and you're not waiting for respawns with the Spirits, you just keep doing your loops which is nice.

Re: I hate Alani. I hate Skyshards. I hate RNG.

Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:57 am
by leaponover
Got two farming mantids on the spine in that room where they all constantly spawn and fighting pandarens. Got two in the treasure. That was all on my first 90...been grinding rep with my mage and he hasn't gotten any at all. I will be glad when they are BoA...