What would you folks be more excited about:

For discussion of the upcoming 5.2 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.

In 5.2 Hydras or Dire Horns?

Something new: Dire Horns?
62%
Something old: Hydras (why the hate GC!)
38%

Total votes: 58

Banard

What would you folks be more excited about:

Unread post by Banard »

Just curious how people fill, considering all the begging/pleading for hydras over the years every time I see a new pet family or challenge or something ...my cheek starts to hurt....
meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Re: What would you folks be more excited about:

Unread post by meepitco »

To be honest, I'd rather have Hydras. Dire Horns are cool in all, but Hydras have actually been a "Pet Family" for longer, yet no more tameable mobs have been implemented.

But, what would be even better is if we could get both.. but that's kinda pushing it I guess.

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

Yoruko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem (EU)

Unread post by Yoruko »

For me personally this is such an unfair comparison as I am a massive dinosaur (and dinosaur-like animal) fan. From what I have seen of them, the Dire Horns take my vote on a slim margin. I'm one of those players who have longingly looked at the hydras for quite some time now, but be it the shininess of a "new thing" or the fact that they're essentially dinosaurs; I have to say Dire Horns. For now. ;)

But really, I cannot put emphasis on either. It's like making me choose my favourite child; I love them both and would be happy for getting either.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I see beasts in WoW in two ways: there are those that are aggressive and will attack a player, and then there are those that are completely passive, and in some instances actually get attacked by other beasts (like the deer that get attacked by wolves).

In my opinion, ANY beast that is automatically aggro against players should be tameable. The very fact of it being reactive to players' presence should make them a tameable mob by default.

Some of those non-aggro beasts do NOT get attacked by any other NPC mobs... and those should fall into tameable category.

In other words, if it's wild, and won't get attacked by any other NPC, then it should be fair game.

The only exception I've seen to this, however, is the porcupines in JadeForest... I seem to recall seeing them they get attacked by the tigers, and both porcupines and tigers are tameable. (I might be wrong on this one)

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Hydras. :)
ImageImage
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Yoruko wrote:For me personally this is such an unfair comparison as I am a massive dinosaur (and dinosaur-like animal) fan. From what I have seen of them, the Dire Horns take my vote on a slim margin. I'm one of those players who have longingly looked at the hydras for quite some time now, but be it the shininess of a "new thing" or the fact that they're essentially dinosaurs; I have to say Dire Horns. For now. ;)

But really, I cannot put emphasis on either. It's like making me choose my favourite child; I love them both and would be happy for getting either.
Yup, they're both equal to me in all honesty. I am still pining for my hydra, but I am ridiculously excited for the dire horns since triceratops was my favourite dinosaur as a kid.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

I gotta say... I would really like a hydra but the Dire Horns just look amazing.

Even if this poll had my favorite "wishing-to-be-a-pet," the sandreaver, I'd prefer that they added more colors and fixed its running animation before adding them as a pet (if by choosing them I would prevent Dire Horns from becoming tameable, that is. Otherwise I could have both now!)
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

I voted for Dire Horns. I mean, sure I'd love hydras but I'm not a massive fan of them, so for me personally, they can wait.

Still, I feel this poll lacks at least two options. Like, "something stolen" and "something blue". Don't know what that would be in the context, but it'd be cool. :P
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Zhin why would you give me feels like that. WHY.

In other news, I voted Dire Horn as well. I love Hydra, don't get me wrong, but Dire Horns... They've been perfected for us, so to speak. Made with all the bells and whistles. I'm really, really excited for them. <3 All new model, all new animations.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

Zhinru wrote:Still, I feel this poll lacks at least two options. Like, "something stolen" and "something blue". Don't know what that would be in the context, but it'd be cool. :P
HA!

Maybe "something borrowed stolen" would be the warlock's Fel Hound, and something blue would be, uh... THE THUNDER BEAVER! Yes, there we go.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

As I gravitate towards more realistic pets, I have to cast my vote for dire horns.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I love the dire horns but if i could only pick one it would have to be the Hydra. They have been waiting to be our friends for so long. ;_;

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

I chose Hydras.

It's nice and all that the developers are giving us some new/revamped pet options but the constant rejection Hydras have had to endure patch, after patch, after patch, only increases my growing resentment and impatience on the matter.

I'm just one of those type of players that would rather see some beasts already in-game convert to tamable status before new and/or revamped models are introduced.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Hydras because we are already getting Dire Horns. :mrgreen:

Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Unread post by Bonita »

Hydras for me. I'd like to have one before I end up stopping wow when I finish school lol. Dire Horns are nice, but I've wanted a Hydra ever since I saw the ones in Ashenvale.

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

I'll have to go with Dire Horn this time, even though I'm a huge Hydra fan. As I said a few times before, I think they don't quite fit the Pandaria zone, and I'm sure we might get them in a more water themed expansion, most likely the one where we will go beat up Queen Azshara once and for all. GC also stated that they (and by that it's the whole Blizzard team, not just him) don't like the model, and that it should need a revamp before they copnsider making them tameable. He should have used another word beside model though since it could either mean the graphics of it or the skeleton used for animations.

I'm very hyped about the Dire Horns though, since I love dinosaurs and I was going batshit crazy when the Devilsaurs where first made tameable. I remember emailing Mania in the middle of the night about it, I think it was like 3am! :lol: I can't wait to find out how we will be able to get them, and I'm hoping for some sort of class quest chain instead of them being shoved as Exotic beasts. I'd rather them be tameable by all specs. :D
ImageImage
Keilden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zenedar

Unread post by Keilden »

Yeah I hope they add hydra trash with new models so they can update all old models like they did with the molten giants in Firelands(the ones in MC got the new models also). Btw has the old ptedoractyls in Ungoro got the new models or the old?
swimgremlin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormreaver

Unread post by swimgremlin »

Hmm... My favorite all time dinosaur or a 3 headed snake. Easy choice for me! ^_^

However Azerothian Hydras are quite nice, but still, no competition with a triceratops!
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Dire Horns imo. Just never personally been very interested in the Hydras.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Loki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Loki »

Yeah, if it was yaks or Dire Horns I'd have picked the yaks, but hydras don't really interest me that much.

Avatar made by the awesome LupisDarkmoon. Tameable giraffes please!

Pets Wishlist:
Goats
Yaks
Shoveltusks
Stags
Talbuks/Gazelles
Giraffes!

WoD and Legion best expansions! 6 down, 1 to go!