15 Best Buy, Future Shop stores to close across Canada

User avatar
AdamSavage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2343
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:42 pm
Gender: Male

15 Best Buy, Future Shop stores to close across Canada

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Was told about this by a friend who say they had one close without warning, in her city.

http://www.globaltvcalgary.com/best+buy ... story.html

http://www.calgaryherald.com/business/C ... story.html
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Image
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 7073
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:03 pm
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance
Gender: Female foxen
Location: I am "here" or so the directory tells me.
Contact:

Re: 15 Best Buy, Future Shop stores to close across Canada

Unread post by Makoes »

Actually called the best Buy in my area to see if they had something I was looking for before I took a bus trip out there...Phone number redirected me to Future shop and when I said I was trying to reach Best Buy, I was told as off today it was closed permanently! Thankfully Future shop does accept Best Buy Gift Cards, and had the item I wanted (and they are only a short walk from my home).

There doesn't seem to have been any sort of news about Best Buy closing, and everyone been taken by surprise the closure. Went in to work to grab my debt card from my BF (work is in the same mall as the future shop) and turns out people have been asking around if anyone knew why the best buy was closed...

Image

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

User avatar
Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1171
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:06 pm
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),
Gender: Female

Re: 15 Best Buy, Future Shop stores to close across Canada

Unread post by Bonita »

I'm not in Canada and this isn't probably related, but its weird to see this the day after our Best Buy here mysteriously burnt up O.o lol

Image
Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

User avatar
AdamSavage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2343
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:42 pm
Gender: Male

Re: 15 Best Buy, Future Shop stores to close across Canada

Unread post by AdamSavage »

I wonder if the managers knew ? I would expect some lawsuits from this. I think I will try and avoid shopping there in the future, if I can. I think this is part of the reason of the stores closing:

Image

Bonita wrote:I'm not in Canada and this isn't probably related, but its weird to see this the day after our Best Buy here mysteriously burnt up O.o lol
Image
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Image
User avatar
Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1171
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:06 pm
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),
Gender: Female

Re: 15 Best Buy, Future Shop stores to close across Canada

Unread post by Bonita »

:lol:

Image
Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 7073
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:03 pm
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance
Gender: Female foxen
Location: I am "here" or so the directory tells me.
Contact:

Re: 15 Best Buy, Future Shop stores to close across Canada

Unread post by Makoes »

After reading the articles though...I am wondering what the legal ramifications will be from disgruntled employee's who where not given sufficient notice of Closure...To show up for work one day to be met with security guards and boarded up windows...I've lost a lot of respect for the company...

Image

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

User avatar
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3264
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:29 am
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Re: 15 Best Buy, Future Shop stores to close across Canada

Unread post by Novikova »

To be truthful, and perhaps a touch cynical, I suspect it falls into 'legal but crappy' or that the company will just get a slap on the wrist - although, what can you do to a dead company?
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 7073
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:03 pm
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance
Gender: Female foxen
Location: I am "here" or so the directory tells me.
Contact:

Re: 15 Best Buy, Future Shop stores to close across Canada

Unread post by Makoes »

Well, its not dead. There are still many Best buy's and Future shops open Across Canada.
Certain locations where closed down so that they can open smaller kiosks or smaller stores in their place.

Image

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

User avatar
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Posts: 2235
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:20 pm
Realm: Vek'nilash
Location: PA

Re: 15 Best Buy, Future Shop stores to close across Canada

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Bestbuy is restructuring. They're changing their large stores to essentially tiny little mall kiosks. They're closing things like crazy all over the US too. I really don't like it, but they seem to have trouble competing with amazon.
Post Reply