Page 1 of 1

Making Soap

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:29 pm
by Rawr
So my super picky skin has limited me to Dove White Beauty Bar and Sensitive Skin Unscented Beauty Bar, I'm wondering if making my own soap might be better. With only a few ingredients I figure it would be better. So anyone have any advise, the internet instructions seem pretty straight forward but I was hoping someone here would have a little more incite into making it. Any help would be appreciated. :mrgreen:

Re: Making Soap

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:05 am
by cowmuflage
I'd say test everytihng before making it. Just because it's got only a few ingredients does not mean those ingredients are not the ones that are not good for your skin. I've found for my skin things that are 100% natural are worse than the ones with chemicals in, Like way worse! (I once made natural shampoo and my god my hair was basicly falling out >.>) So always test everything! Trust me it will save time!

Re: Making Soap

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:57 am
by Wain
What Cow said. Though at least if you're making your own you can control the ingredients and experiment. So you could possibly find out exactly what aggravates your skin.

Also, if it requires sodium hydroxide, please be careful! :)

Re: Making Soap

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:44 am
by Novikova
http://www.embercove.com/ has some really good ones that don't set my skin off. Normally most soaps make it feel like my face has been paddled by a thousand tiny, angry squirrels. She also throws in a free honey bee soap with every 15 dollar purchase. Savor's soaps are good, too. You might check out their ingredients lists for ideas.