Page 1 of 1
My Hunt for the Grey Camel... is over! (edited)
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:09 pm
by Teevo
Got him tonight! See my latest post down below.. I'll update with more info tomorrow.
Re: My Hunt for the Grey Camel... Needs You!
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:55 pm
by Airwyn
I have a couple alts on Doomhammer and would be more than willing to send you an invite when I'm on

Not sure if the characters need to be max level or not? I think my highest level character on that server is 71.
Re: My Hunt for the Grey Camel... Needs You!
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:30 am
by Teevo
Ya, wont work on toons more than 3 levels below 90 so you'd need to be atleast 87.. sorry, I forgot to mention that part. But thanks Airwyn!
Re: My Hunt for the Grey Camel... Needs You!
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:36 pm
by Sophistique
Oh good luck with him! He is the last of my "rare" mounts that I'm hunting, and since CZR I haven't even found a dud at all

Hopefully we both come back soon with some good news.
Re: My Hunt for the Grey Camel... Needs You!
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:43 pm
by Eternallylostx
/slumps
These are US. Right? I feel like you forgot Mok'nathal.
Anyways, I'll be on Thursday, throw me a request and I'll help you. Alice#1830
Re: My Hunt for the Grey Camel... Needs You!
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:24 am
by Teevo
@ Sophistique - Ya, I hear ya. I hate this cross realm zone mess solely for the rare mount hunt. Keep me posted on your finds, and good luck!
@ Eternallylostx - Mok'nathal is on the Phoenix DC, which I have a friend that is on there as well... but if you're up for it, I'll still toss you a friend request for when they arent around? I logged for the night but I'll send it to you tomorrow morning. Thanks in advance!
Re: My Hunt for the Grey Camel... Needs You!
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:41 am
by Eternallylostx
Phoenix DC? I have no idea what that is, but okay. You should make a list for realms you have, too.
And sure, I could get around to it Thursday.
Re: My Hunt for the Grey Camel... Needs You!
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:12 am
by Teevo
Eternallylostx wrote:Phoenix DC? I have no idea what that is, but okay.
DC = Datacenter
In short, there are 4 datacenters across the US: New York, Chicago, Phoenix, and LA. Each of these datacenters has about 40-70 realms. And each datacenter shares the cross realm zones (in my case, Uldum). So for example I am on the Elune realm, which is part of the Chicago DC. I have a friend that plays on Scarlet Crusade, part of the LA DC. And my girlfriend and I have Horde characters on Uther, part of the Phoenix DC. The only DC I dont have access to atm is the New York one.
However, there is a requirement to this method. The player inviting me must be level 87 or higher for me to "cross over" to their DC. They implemented this to avoid people creating level 1s or using low level toons, and thus making it a little more challenging if nothing else.
In order for me to maximize my search for the mysterious camel figurines and to counter Blizzard's attempt at screwing us rare mount hunters over (whether intentional or not), I am trying to search once on each DC... giving me 4 chances to find it, instead of one.
Re: My Hunt for the Grey Camel... Needs You!
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:17 am
by Teevo
I'll take help from anyone really.. except on my own DC obviously. I'm still going to keep my initial post up as is, because the New York DC is still my main concern. However, I'll post the link to view all the datacenters and realms for you to check where you're at, and if you're in the LA, Phoenix, or New York DC... give me a yell!
http://www.wowwiki.com/US_realm_list_by_datacenter
Re: My Hunt for the Grey Camel... Needs You!
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:54 pm
by Eternallylostx
That's... Alot to take in. So it's like districts? Four different chances, four different...'groups'. I can see where your going, but I thought realms were merged differently? PvP, RP, RPPVP, and regular...? I always though it was that, and ofc the EU, US, etc. this DC things adds a whole other twist. Does the realm type, such as PVP, RP, RPPVP, and regular, effect it also?
Sorry if its alot of questions, I'm curious. ^^;
Re: My Hunt for the Grey Camel... Needs You!
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:30 pm
by Teevo
Realms are still in Battlegroups. But if you take a look at the wiki site I posted, you'll see that the Battlegroups are shared beneath the Datacenters. So it goes: Datacenter - Battlegroup - Server. Realm type means nothing in terms of grouping.
And yes, the DCs using CRZ (cross realm zones) definitely threw a wrench into this, making a big old mess. If you have time or are curious, google "cross realm zone wow" sometime.. you'll see how many people are against it, heh.
Re: My Hunt for the Grey Camel... Needs You!
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:42 am
by SylviaDragon
90 ally from Arygos here! I am always up to helping a fellow petopian get a new mount. I am usualy on from 6 PM-11:30 PM server time. (up to 1am server time on mond & wed. I may have rbgs from 7:25-11:00 on mon-wed though so be sure to contact me early on those days.)
Kyro#1916 if you need me.
Re: My Hunt for the Grey Camel... Needs You!
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:17 am
by Teevo
Thanks SylviaDragon! Friend request sent.
Re: My Hunt for the Grey Camel... Needs You!
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:29 am
by Teevo
1:49am EST.. I found the 15th and final mysterious camel figurine (huge sigh of relief). Took me 7 weeks of dedicated searching day in and day out, anywhere from 3-10 times a day. For those curious, I found it on my friend's Los Angeles datacenter.. not my own (Chicago DC). I may post more info/screenshots tomorrow too. Still in shock

Re: My Hunt for the Grey Camel... is over! (edited)
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:06 am
by SylviaDragon
grats!
Re: My Hunt for the Grey Camel... is over! (edited)
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:37 pm
by Shadow
Congratulations and good work!

Re: My Hunt for the Grey Camel... is over! (edited)
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:48 pm
by Teevo
2011 - fake
early 2012 - fake
12/15/12 - fake
12/20/12 - fake
12/25/12 - fake
12/31/12 - fake
1/4/13 - fake
1/8/13 - fake
1/14/13 - fake
(broken pc 1/16-1/21)
1/23/13 - fake
2/2/13 - fake
2/4/13 - fake
2/7/13 - fake 12:30am
2/7/13 - fake 8:15am
2/9/13 - REAL!!! 1:49am
15 figurines
Re: My Hunt for the Grey Camel... is over! (edited)
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:18 pm
by Sophistique
OMG GRATS TEEVO!!! So quickly too!! (well, you know what I mean by "quickly")
Did you get him on someone else's server or your own? I think I may have to make a post like this to get some help as well - he is still nowhere to be found for me, even the duds

Re: My Hunt for the Grey Camel... is over! (edited)
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:51 am
by Teevo
Sophistique wrote:OMG GRATS TEEVO!!! So quickly too!! (well, you know what I mean by "quickly")
Did you get him on someone else's server or your own? I think I may have to make a post like this to get some help as well - he is still nowhere to be found for me, even the duds

Thanks! I did a flyby on my datacenter (Chicago) around 1:30am with no luck, so I had my friend invite me and I did a flyby on his datacenter (Los Angeles) and thats where I got it. I highly recommend using multiple datacenters if you're able.
Also, I did a ton of research on where people found the mysterious camel figurines (real and fake). I only marked spots that people actually posted screenshots as proof. I'll post a pic before I go to bed, hope it helps (despite what people say, fly LOW.. sometimes npcscan wouldnt go off unless I was like 10yds away).
EDIT - heres the pic of all possible locations to my knowledge..