Patch 5.3.16781 New Titan Model And other

For discussion of the upcoming 5.3 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Patch 5.3.16781 New Titan Model And other

Unread post by Rawr »

This will have wings and the broken foot/leg animation the sparkle pony and Ty's horse have unless they change the skeleton. It's why the legs look weird with one knee popping in and the other out. :mrgreen:

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Ok I think I'm cool with that dragonhawk reward! At first i was like "meh i have 3 already" but now....squee!

Also the two horses look amazing!! Both the steel and pegasus...want to know how to get these!!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I was into the Pegasus until I saw it in the 3d model viewer on Wowhead and it has the Celestial Steed flying animation. Animations are so make or break to me.
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

I don't care what I have to do to get the Pegasus mount, I want it.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I think I leaning towards the red one too... I think it's the shading and depth in the colours and body. Though it does look like it still has the "blue" spell effects of the Blue Pegasus.

I'm guessing it must be hard? to change the spell effects colour to match the skin/models when they do colour edits... :? I've noticed it happens a lot with armour (especially shoulders) and sometimes it can look really out of place :|
Last edited by SpiritBinder on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Rawr wrote:This will have wings and the broken foot/leg animation the sparkle pony and Ty's horse have unless they change the skeleton. It's why the legs look weird with one knee popping in and the other out. :mrgreen:

UUuuuuughhhh it's using the Celestial Steed skeleton? I seriously hope they change that, I can't stand the ugly flat/breaking hoof problem.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Spiritbinder wrote:I think I leaning towards the red one too... I think it's the shading and depth in the colours and body. Though it does look like it still has the "blue" spell effects of the Blue Pegasus.
Spell effects seem to be tied to a model, which is why you sometimes see different models for different colours of certain things, even though they otherwise appear identical. They had to do this with the green core hounds, for example, so they didn't have red flame.

It would be nice if they could just specify effect colours in an extra skin file, but they don't normally seem to. It must be too complicated.

I don't see why they couldn't do it in this case, however. They've done quite a bit of that with mounts. Even the new Horde and Alliance dragonhawks have separate model files, though I don't know the reason.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

The colours on the red one match each other very well and I think that makes me love it more then the blue one. Who ever made the red one is good at colour theory I can say.
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

They look alright, but the mohawk mane loses it for me. I hope it doesn't actually look like that in game.

Edit: Oh thank god, I saw the video on MMO-C and it looks a lot more awesome there than in the datamined shots. Dunno why no one's linked the video yet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... XaY0IIr6hQ#! Now I hope this isn't a Horde/Alliance thing cause I prefer the blue one. D:

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Snowy wrote:They look alright, but the mohawk mane loses it for me. I hope it doesn't actually look like that in game.

Edit: Oh thank god, I saw the video on MMO-C and it looks a lot more awesome there than in the datamined shots. Dunno why no one's linked the video yet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... XaY0IIr6hQ#! Now I hope this isn't a Horde/Alliance thing cause I prefer the blue one. D:

Didn't link the updates yet because someone else made a separate thread just for the pegasus horse model! :)

Anyway, PTR Maintenance Time, and you all know what that means! New builds. Hope it'll finally bring its first tameable creature.

New build and the PTR should be up in around 3 to 5 hours at the time of this post. (5-7 hours in the main post, but that's been about 2 hours. )
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!