savage is giving me gray hair

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

savage is giving me gray hair

Unread post by Ana »

I really really really HATE this follow track and if ur lucky u might find the beast u want to tame grrr

anyways rant over

is there a spot where i can log and go check without having to follow his footsteps?

I suck at this and have no luck with this one what so ever

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Re: savage is giving me gray hair

Unread post by Pent »

If you truly want to hunt him that way ... then I would say to log out near the spot where he gets to the end of his path and turns around... that way you'll be able to see his tracks coming and going.

But you need to remember... while you are looking only in one spot other hunters might actually be walking his entire path and tame him before he even gets to where you logged out.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

i walked his entire path today.. spottet him twice.. but he moved to fast out of flare and another got him

i HATE this way of taming.. i litteray wanted to cry.... sigh

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Sarantha »

Turn down environment detail and ground clutter to almost zero. The tracks are very visible this way. It was really easy to spot even Patrannache's tracks this way, and his are the hardest to spot, ever.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Twila
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn, Silver Hand

Unread post by Twila »

He really is the easier of the pets to tame O.o
If you'd like help, I'd be willing to assist. Hes pretty much always up, plus if someone does grab him he comes back in an hour.

Amisha - lv 100 Tauren Hunter - Silver Hand:US - Pet Stable
Twilatsuki - lv 95 Night Elf Hunter - Argent Dawn:US - Pet Stable

Battle Pet Collection

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

i have clutter down to the lowest it can be.. but to me the tracks are to fare apart..

and i know he is eazy to track... but i am not very good at it

both stompy and portent ive gotten with help.. and i appriciate any help with him...

i always hated things like this..

to me a rare is best in one place so i can log and check it from time to time :P

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Twila wrote:He really is the easier of the pets to tame O.o
I disagree on this count. Savage travels between many packs of mobs and his pawprints blend in with the ground quite heavily along most of his path. Plus, as a cat, he's one of the most popular tames.

It sounds like the problem isn't finding the tracks, but flaring in the right location. Flare further ahead than you need to and get a hunter's mark on him fast when he appears. Then you have a whole five minutes of visibility in which to tame him.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Valfreya
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind, Blackrock

Unread post by Valfreya »

I rehome him all the time, if you want some help Ill be happy to help then crz you. My battle tag is Jules#1600, just put a note in!
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

I just started wanting to tame this guy but haven't come across any tracks do you have to flare to get tracks to show up or do they just appear as you walk the path?