About Party G.R.E.N.A.D.E

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Jhonny Lopes
Realm: Azralon

About Party G.R.E.N.A.D.E

Unread post by Jhonny Lopes »

Hello guys!

Can we ask for the pets dance emote again? Seriously i really loved to dance with my pet..

Anyone knows why blizz took it away from us? Can we call it back?
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: About Party G.R.E.N.A.D.E

Unread post by Bowno »

I don't think the dancing for pets was intended.

The only ones that danced were cats, wolves, and I think bears. And all these are used by players.

Cats and Bears: Druids. There for to make things simple, cat and bear beasts share the same emotes as the druids do.

Wolves: Shaman. Just like with druids, it was easier to just let them keep all the same emotes as the shamans have.

The dancing was super cute, I agree. Just it just doesn't appear that it was ever really intended.

Siggy under construction!

Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

Doesn't mean they couldn't have just kept it in. :P

Of course, my joke would be FUN WAS DETECTED, but without any testing done on the effects of making your pets dance with grenades I wonder if there was some bug like "If you used it on someone's pet they would stop what they were doing and dance, which made it unfair in PvP or otherwise potentially harmful to gameplay." No idea though.
Silivren
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Neilaren wrote:Doesn't mean they couldn't have just kept it in. :P

Of course, my joke would be FUN WAS DETECTED, but without any testing done on the effects of making your pets dance with grenades I wonder if there was some bug like "If you used it on someone's pet they would stop what they were doing and dance, which made it unfair in PvP or otherwise potentially harmful to gameplay." No idea though.
I actually think this was the case as I seem to remember a hunter way back when with a wolf pet(the coyote model)testing his dps on a target dummy and his friend kept using them on his wolf which would cause the wolf to stop attacking the dummy and dance. I remember this because said hunter in question complained loudly to a laughing friend xD

Doubleh of Galakrond
Realm: Galakrond

Unread post by Doubleh of Galakrond »

I only had it make my Arcturis dance once and, it was really funny to me. I Kind of wish they still did it.
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

I was using it on my arcturis, too :) a great way to pass time during those honor farming times no-red-dots-let's-have-a-picnic-on-the-bridge-TBs. Everybody dance now! (pet's included)

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)