Page 1 of 1

Help finding an add-on...

Posted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:41 pm
by Tratzul
{I have no clue if there's any addons I can get that can do this...}

Is there any addon that can help me figure out what kinds of beasts I can skin, like instead of going through the hassle of kiling something, just to see a red 'skinning'? ;.;

I'll even try something that's not on Curse, even though I prefer it.

Also, are any of the addons that are not on Curse, like Cartographer, any good/ is safe to use? (I'm a bit cautious... <.<' )

Re: Help finding an add-on...

Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:52 pm
by Dulanie
I don't know of any addons that would help with this, but I do know a general rule of thumb to use. If you multiply the level of the beast by 5 that is the approxamite skill needed to skin it. So level*5= skill needed. i.e. a level 40 beast would need a skill of 200 to skin, and a level 80 would need 400. There are some exceptions I remember running across while leveling, but if I rememeber right they are rare/elite.

Re: Help finding an add-on...

Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:02 pm
by Saturo
Wowwiki wrote:Up to skinning 100, you can find out the highest level mob you can skin by: ((Skinning skill)/10)+10.
From skinning level 100 and up the formula is simply: (Skinning skill)/5.

Re: Help finding an add-on...

Posted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:10 pm
by Ungoro
Well, kind of off topic to the original addon enquiry but i'm just wondering if there's an addon that tells me of opcoming attacls/spells. I know it seems fairly lazy, but sometimes when I ding I could be in an instance and I want to know if the new moves I could learn are vital, or not really needed that much.

Re: Help finding an add-on...

Posted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:50 pm
by Moonlost
Ungoro wrote:Well, kind of off topic to the original addon enquiry but i'm just wondering if there's an addon that tells me of opcoming attacls/spells. I know it seems fairly lazy, but sometimes when I ding I could be in an instance and I want to know if the new moves I could learn are vital, or not really needed that much.
I'm guessing you mean something that tells you if you get new spells/abilities when you level?
CoolLevelUp does that. Goes through what stats go up and what abilities you can train in once you ding (so long as you have previously visited a trainer with the addon installed). Also plays music when you level for cool effects. It's also based off the Fire Emblem game leveling thing, which makes me happy. :D
It hasn't been updated in a while, but it still works perfectly.

Re: Help finding an add-on...

Posted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:57 pm
by Saturo
I also use it, and I can attest to it's usefulness.

Re: Help finding an add-on...

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:42 pm
by Ungoro
Sounds like pretty much what I wanted, thanks! now to download it...