Page 1 of 1
Operation Shieldwall question
Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:47 pm
by Lupis
So, I really want to get the updated Wyvern mounts, but I don't have a Horde 90 yet. So out of curiosity, how long would it take to get to Exalted with Operation Shieldwall? I don't particularly want to do the story quests, as I'm not a big fan of the lore that goes on within/the lore characters involved, but if they're rep machines then I'll do them.
I want to know if I should start grinding out those quests now or if I can wait until my horde druid is 90, heh.
Re: Operation Shieldwall question
Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:48 pm
by Mozag
You don't need to do it separately on a Horde. If you get the gryphon(s) on your Alliance, the Horde will automatically get the wyvern(s).

Re: Operation Shieldwall question
Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:58 pm
by Lupis
Oh, yeah, I understand that.

That's why I might do it on my ally character- I just don't like the lore as much for them, heh. So if it isn't going to take months, I'd rather wait and do the quests on my horde characters. But if it's a super long grind, I'll just start now on my ally character.
Re: Operation Shieldwall question
Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:04 pm
by Mozag
Oh sorry, I seem to have misunderstood. I don't recall it being terribly long, but that was due to having the boost as one of my characters hit revered without me even paying attention to it. I level/quest in a very odd way though, so I'm not the best person to listen to.
However, I will say that the Alliance version of the story was worth playing through, although I am more of a Horde lore/race fan. Both sides felt fun enough to actually do separately. At least for me.

Re: Operation Shieldwall question
Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:19 pm
by Castile
Yes I did the ally story and it was very good and got me to exhalted faster than just doing dailies. Even if you don't like lore I'd recommend doing those quests as they do give you alot of rep

Re: Operation Shieldwall question
Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:23 pm
by cowmuflage
I'd do both dailies and the quests. Not that had to do now.
Re: Operation Shieldwall question
Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:24 pm
by Wain
Only the Alliance version will reveal why the Monkey King is there at the Celestials Tourney
Seriously though, I found the Alliance story to be more coherent than the Horde one. Though the Horde one has you witnessing the dissent and fragmentation of the leadership firsthand.
Re: Operation Shieldwall question
Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:56 am
by Myrrmi
The lore quests are definitelly woth doing, even if you're not into lore - they're pretty fast, most are super-easy (like - watching a cutscene ar killing a few easy mobs), and they give TONS of rep. You can also choose shieldwall as your rhc rep, and get a handful of free rep every day. Remember to grab the commendation as soon as you hit revered and you'll be exalted in no time
