Which character will you autoboost to 90 in WoD?

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Which character will you autoboost to 90 in WoD?

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I know that for me, it will be one of my Horde toons because I want to see things from both sides. The question is, which one? I'm leaning towards it being my undead Warlock, Walmarticus, who was created way back in Vanilla when I was working for Walmart. He has been created, deleted, and recreated at least 3 times so he truly will not die :-). I think he deserves it the most. Another candidate is my undead Hunter, Danielbone. If I choose him, I won't have to alter my play style and will see both sides from the perspective of the same class. The third option is my Tauren balance Druid, Welldun, who was my main before I created this current NE and fell in love with the Hunter class. 'Tis a quandary :-). I don't concern myself much with professions so that is not an issue or even a factor in the choice.

What will be your choice among your alts?
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Re: Which character will you autoboost to 90 in WoD?

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

I think I'll be holding off on using the autoboost, since from what I've read so far you don't have to use it right away. My thought is this: IF my guild happens to faction change to horde (something that's a possibility), rather than pay to faction change my main, I would probably roll a new hunter and then boost them to be my new raid toon.

If we don't go horde, well, I'd still probably boost a horde toon since all my 90s right now are alliance.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

My monk on Icecrown, Yuying. :3

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I am strongly leaning towards "Hunterpet" my kitty on Nesingwary in <Petopians> I just really want to be a bit more active in that guild but have far to many Higher alts/toons atm to go back and level her up.
My other choice would be one of my RP characters on WrA, but since my most "used" ones are lv 85-90 already, it would seem a bit of a waste.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

So how exactly will this "autoboost to 90" work?

Is it "one autoboost per battle.net account"?

Or "one autoboost per actual paying/playing account"?

I ask because I find it incredibly frustrating to pay for multiple accounts, on the same Battle.net, and to be penalized for example when a Blingtron appears. I can only use it once, regardless of how many accounts I pay for, because Blizz decided that it could only be used once "per battle.net account". I pay for three accounts. I should have the ability to use the Blingtron three times.

So I am very leery of this autoboost thing. I will be mightily ticked-off if it's "one character per battle,net".

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Planning on making an alt on a new realm and boosting her. Don't know what she will be yet, likely one of the classes that I am more comfortable with-hunter, shaman, preist-as if I am learning a new class I prefer to level it slowly to fully learn the class, spells and rotations. Starting on a new class out of the blue with all the spells, like I did shammy (before I'd ever played one) on the PTR, just confused the heck out of me.

I already have:
90 BM Hunter-Alli
85 BM Hunter-Alli
82 BM Hunter-Horde
90 Ele Shammy-Alli
90 Ele Shammy-Horde
90 Shade Priest-Alli
90 Fire Mage-Alli
90 Demon Lock-Alli
54 Boomkin-Alli (currently leveling her)
15 Frost Mage (currently leveling her as well)
2 Enhance Shammy (Will level once I get the correct heirlooms for her)

I don't have room for a toon to boost level to 90 on my main server, and would like to open up a new server with a high level toon on it so that I can start trying my hand at the melee classes-though I know I'll get frustrated with them. Want to do the auto 90 on the other server so that 90 can quest and get funds for the alts that I will do over there.

Really want to do an RP realm, but whenever I try to start a toon on one I get disgusted by the immature idiots doing vulgar things in their ERPs in trade/general chat and its just... why bother? I'd be horrified if my niece, who plays sometimes, were to follow me onto a server with a population with that kind of behavior...
ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by ashdawn »

Paladin, mind made up, nothin will change :3 I love paladins so much.
Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

I probably won't be using this feature at all. While I get the reasoning behind it (90 is a daunting number of levels), and am glad other people are happy to have something like this, the reason I create alts is to, you know, actually level them. I just don't understand having alts if you don't enjoy leveling or playing them.
ashdawn
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by ashdawn »

Mozag wrote:I probably won't be using this feature at all. While I get the reasoning behind it (90 is a daunting number of levels), and am glad other people are happy to have something like this, the reason I create alts is to, you know, actually level them. I just don't understand having alts if you don't enjoy leveling or playing them.
Thats probably because some people like leveling and some just like the end game, dont get me wrong you can have both but im much more of an "end game" player, I only level my RP toons to the max level they need for their mog because Im not a fan of leveling.
Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem/Kilrogg/Nagrand EU

Unread post by Smyelmdar »

Sukurachi wrote:So how exactly will this "autoboost to 90" work?

Is it "one autoboost per battle.net account"?

Or "one autoboost per actual paying/playing account"?
As far as I have understood, it comes with the upgrade, so it should be per actual account, and not one per battle.net account.

I'll be waiting on the highland, with its wonderful serenity.
Where the stars glow and the brooks flow, that's my way of life.
When the mountains on the highland, and the nature is surrounding me, when the wind blows, that's all I need.

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

It's too soon for me to say. I'm still waiting to see if my server is going to get connected to others and how the garrison will affect professions.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Well, I only have the one 90 right now. I love leveling and questing but not as much on alts. Only one alt has made it through the horrible experience known as Outland. My Warlock is 45 so would get to skip that and the Hunter is 51 so he would as well. The Tauren Druid is at 83 already so if I play him, I will probably not boost him but take him through MoP since I haven't seen that from the Horde side yet either.

I'm really looking forward to the leveling in WoD and to the Garrison feature.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

No idea, yet. Might boost up a rogue? I have just about every other class at 70+ so it'd feel a waste to boost them!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I'm kind of a toss up. I could do a shaman, which I've always wanted to try. Or I could do a warrior. Or I could do a priest. I'm actually half-tempted to go priest, so they aren't a terrible class. I know druid and paladin are both out. I don't really want to have another level 90 hunter. I guess what I should do is play both a shaman and a warrior for a few levels and see if I like the feel of them, then BAM 90.

...frankly I just wish I could skip from Azeroth to NR or Cata. That would solve my issues.
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

My tauren shadow priest Mafalda of course. :D

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Not sure, I have every class at 90-85 atm so will depend if I lvl them all before WoD or not.

Was going to do a warlock since I havent got one of those yet but my fiance wants to do a DK raf with my current one on Moon Guard so hmm torn.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

I'm going to make a new hunter alt - you can never have to many hunters :D - an orc on the server where EU petopian hordies dwell. That frostwolf lady from the trailer reached out to me somehow :)

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I'd be tempted to boost a race/class combo that I don't particularly like and that my guild is missing for the "Classy" achievement!

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Snope
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Area 52 (Horde), Wyrmrest Accord (Both)

Unread post by Snope »

I have a character that's at least level 70 for every class, so I'm going to likely level my random Draenei Hunter dude to level 90 instantly. I could experience what having two Hunters would be like. Besides, the world needs more Hunters that shoot like Ahnold.

That is, unless I suddenly decide to level him by taking the long way to 90. If that happens, then I'll probably make some alt on a server I really want a character on. Maybe on an RP server, or a character on Nesingwary.
Rower
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Rower »

I was leveling a mage and was quite hyped about it but I'm stuck now at 75. It just gets boring. And then Cata/MoP leveling which I hate. Probably that guy will recieve the 90 boost.