Page 1 of 1
Raiding as Beast Master - Macro Help?
Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:50 pm
by Phyra
Hey there.
I'm sorry to make so many posts as of late. I attempted to do a bit of macro work on my own, and research a bit. Unfortunately, a lot of the macros I find are outdated, or no longer seem to work due to a mix of cooldowns and the like.
With taking mostly Exotics, and with only a Bird of Prey in my stables as companions for raiding, it has made me test the waters for raiding as Beast Master spec. It is viable, but there is a lot of management to ensure you can get some good quality DPS. While I don't have to be top numbers,I do want to be useful. My main is a Priest, so most all the raids/heroics I do on my hunter are NOT main runs and usually fun alternative runs.
Ideally, I would love macros that help me better optimize my DPS in as few buttons as possible (IE Grouping TBW, Trinkets, Whatever.). I'd also love in put on how best to do a shot rotation and if there is a macro you can spam that goes through the sequences. I saw one on Wowhead, but I was not 100% sure of it.
Anyway. I appreciate any help in helping make my little hunter more BM raid viable.
If there are specs for the Pets and Hunter that would better my DPS as a BM raider, please do let me know.
Thank you deeply in advance!
Re: Raiding as Beast Master - Macro Help?
Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:05 pm
by Sarayana
I haven't played around with BM macros myself, but I read a discussion a while back that concluded that the dps boost between timing cooldowns (BW, trinkets, heroism, etc) versus popping them whenever they're up is minimal. As a result, they recommended macroing stuff together. For example, all my shots are macroed with rapid fire (since I did my macros for SV). I could easily see adding a
/cast Bestial Wrath to those macros.
Another thing to note is that there's a lag on pet special attacks, for all classes with pets. To avoid that lag, you should macro the pet's attack to your shots, so that it'll fire the moment it's off cooldown.
/cast [pet's special attack] should do it, I think. More macro savvy people will no doubt correct me if I'm misleading you.

Re: Raiding as Beast Master - Macro Help?
Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:26 am
by Slickrock
I have a master mash macro for BM. It takes a bit to setup, and I'm too wiped out to do an explanation here tonight...
But, I will post it here for you to use in the coming days. I adapted it from work that multi-boxers use.
It is a one-button mash. I have old slow fingers, so it helps a lot.
As a prerequisite, go out and get Bartender as a bar replacement addon, and install that. You'll need it to setup the macro.
Re: Raiding as Beast Master - Macro Help?
Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:49 am
by Tahlian
I only use three or four macros when raiding...but I tend to have a rather strange UI setup anyway. I have one macro that is a one-button pet attack/pet recall button. Click it once, pet goes to attack. Click it again, pet comes back. I have a macro that links Bestial Wrath, Kill Command, and the pet talent Call of the Wild so they'll all go off at once. I have a macro for the Gunship battle to turn off the Deathbringer's Will procs so that my rocket pack will work correctly, and I have a macro for Putricide that helps get Clayburn moving more smoothly from ooze to Putricide and back as Unstable Experiments spawn. If you're interested in any of these, let me know, and I'll pull up my game and list 'em for you.
Re: Raiding as Beast Master - Macro Help?
Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:57 am
by Anansi
Macros can be used to combine on-use abilities or items that do not share a GCD, such as trinkets and Bestial Wrath. I would not recommend castsequence macros as those are very unreliable and give up control. Really, macros should be used to enhance control, not remove control. For example, combining a trinket with Bestial Wrath and Rapid Fire could be a good idea and adds control (three button presses in one means you get back to your shots faster), but a castsequence macro removes control as you are not making a choice about which shot to fire. You would get a lot more DPS from selecting your shots individually.
I macro Kill Command to a couple of my shots (Steady and Aimed) as well in order to ensure it is used every time it is available and I also have Rapid Fire and Call of the Wild on a macro although each are available as individual buttons (as they do not share the same CD).
Off the top of my head, a good blow stuff up macro for BM could be:
#showtooltip
/use 13
/use 14
/cast Call of the Wild
/cast Rapid Fire
/cast Bestial Wrath
That pops your trinkets and casts RF, Call and BW in one button press.
As for the binding pet attacks to your shots, you can do this but I do not believe it is necessary. If you have really high latency then maybe, but generally speaking it is not needed.
Tahlian wrote:I only use three or four macros when raiding...but I tend to have a rather strange UI setup anyway. I have one macro that is a one-button pet attack/pet recall button. Click it once, pet goes to attack. Click it again, pet comes back. I have a macro that links Bestial Wrath, Kill Command, and the pet talent Call of the Wild so they'll all go off at once. I have a macro for the Gunship battle to turn off the Deathbringer's Will procs so that my rocket pack will work correctly, and I have a macro for Putricide that helps get Clayburn moving more smoothly from ooze to Putricide and back as Unstable Experiments spawn. If you're interested in any of these, let me know, and I'll pull up my game and list 'em for you.
Yeah I have a one button pet attack and recall as well, and it also throws a Mend Pet. That's very clever for the DBW proc removal on Gunship, I hadn't even considered the proc would interfere with the rocket pack. And yes, a macro for Putricide is very useful, I've got one as well which Marks either the oozes or the Professor and sends my pet to attack.
For other encounter-specific macros I've got one for Kinetic Bombs as well which is just a simple target macro.
Re: Raiding as Beast Master - Macro Help?
Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:12 am
by Saturo
Tahlian wrote:I have a macro for the Gunship battle to turn off the Deathbringer's Will procs so that my rocket pack will work correctly
Oh god yes. I usually jump BEFORE activating my pack, for a little extra speed. If my DBW has procced that means death.
Re: Raiding as Beast Master - Macro Help?
Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:13 am
by kairii
a few marcos i use/used
Code: Select all
#showtooltip Bestial Wrath
/cast Kill Command
/cast Bestial Wrath
/cast Call of the Wild
/cast Rapid Fire
/use 13
/use 14
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
mouse over master call (means you mouse over someone and your pet will help thhem)
Code: Select all
#showtooltip Master’s Call
/cast [target=mouseover, help] Master’s Call
/cast [target=player] Master’s Call
Code: Select all
/cast [modifier:shift] Revive Pet; [@pet,dead] Revive Pet; [nopet] Call Pet; Mend Pet
/cast [modifier:ctrl] Heart of the Phoenix
/cast [modifier:alt] Lick Your Wounds
Code: Select all
#showtooltip Disengage
/cast Wing Clip
/cast Disengage
and ofc the ye old MD marco everyone has
Re: Raiding as Beast Master - Macro Help?
Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:59 am
by Phyra
I wanted to thank folks for the responses! I do appreciate it
@kairii
Exactly what I was looking for! Thank you so much for the crafted macros.
Is there any you suggest for DPS as in your rotation --- as I know you've covered a lot of the pet macros.
Thank you again so much!
Re: Raiding as Beast Master - Macro Help?
Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:03 pm
by kairii
For BM?
Kill Shot
Multi-Shot
Serpent Sting
Arcane Shot
Steady Shot
Re: Raiding as Beast Master - Macro Help?
Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:09 pm
by Anansi
I had started a thread on macros a while back but it's kind of fallen by the wayside, but it has some stuff you may find useful:
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... lit=macros