MoP Devilsaur issue

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rower
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

MoP Devilsaur issue

Unread post by Rower »

Hi everyone!

I just tamed this nice guy, the problem is that the blue ring that appears when you click him remains huge (probably because he was huge in the first place) - it's rather annoying!

It's a bug? Normal? Tamed the wrong mob? With my Vanilla Devilsaur this was not an issue.
I tried dismissing and logging out, but nothing changes.

Thanks! ;)
Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Re: MoP Devilsaur issue

Unread post by Finduilas »

I have the same issue with my mop devilsaur. I think their blue "range" doesn't shrink when taming them.
That's my huge one :)
WoWScrnShot_101813_191345.jpg
WoWScrnShot_101813_191345.jpg (368.09 KiB) Viewed 1497 times

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

swordoath
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by swordoath »

This was an issue with the old world Devilsaurs a while back when they first became tamable. There are actually a bunch of problems with these new ones -- in addition to the big targeting circle, they don't have a step noise for their walk cycle, they don't have an idle roar sound like the old world 'saurs do, and their attack sounds are bugged and only fire sometimes. Makes me sad, really. I had to abandon my new dino because the issues bothered me so much. I still have Krush, but I was hoping to give him a friend.

Credit for awesome signature to the awesome Vephriel

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

My MoP T-rexes have an idle roar and always have. Are you just seeing them make the motion and no sound swordoath??
Sometimes my pets make and idle motion without the noise. But like the both old T-rex and new make an idle roar for me.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

swordoath
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by swordoath »

Yeah, the new Devilsaurs only seem to make the motion and never the sound. I tamed multiple different colors of 'saur of the Isle of Giants to see if it was restricted to just one or a global problem. None of them ever made a noise when they did the roar animation. They all seem to have an issue with their footsteps being completely silent as well. I find it odd to hear that you've had success with them making noise, although I've only tried with the ones from the Isle of Giants -- maybe the Isle of Thunder ones work better? Worth investigation.

Their sound issues remind me of the Silithid bosses' problems, really. They also don't make sounds when they step and only occasionally make noise when attacking, but then the boss Silithids also have the repeating "death-thump" sound that fires intermittently as an idle sound, which is kind of terrifying to hear when you're standing in a capital city and not paying full attention.

Credit for awesome signature to the awesome Vephriel

Kintsugi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Elune, Wyrmrest Accord, Earthen Ring

Unread post by Kintsugi »

I have the same problems with the devilsaurs from the Isle of Giants. I finally had to release mine because of it and will be taming an old fashioned on. I wish they would be fixed because I am infatuated with that gorgeous bronze-rose skin. But, the bugs are too buggy.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Myself and a guild mate tested this on our MoP t-rexes and all of them made the noise along with the idle animation roar.

I suggest submitting a bug ticket to Blizzard if yours aren't.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Kintsugi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Elune, Wyrmrest Accord, Earthen Ring

Unread post by Kintsugi »

zedxrgal wrote:Myself and a guild mate tested this on our MoP t-rexes and all of them made the noise along with the idle animation roar.

I suggest submitting a bug ticket to Blizzard if yours aren't.
Ok. Now that is interesting. Maybe I got one that was actually bugged somehow. I'll try to retame. I hope it works. But thanks