Page 1 of 1
WoW Infographic
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:35 pm
by Lisaara
http://media.wow-europe.com/infographic ... aphic.html
I highly recommend the look through. Very interesting facts!
Re: WoW Infographic
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:43 pm
by GormanGhaste
I need to get back to fishing for that red carp!
Re: WoW Infographic
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:17 pm
by Makoes
SQUIRREL!!!!!!
Wow, all those numbers...come on WoW...I can see them making virtual glasses and really immersing players in the game.
Re: WoW Infographic
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:36 pm
by GormanGhaste
Is the Squirrel really the most popular pet? I know it's a very low level wild pet and I can understand the appeal, but I just assumed it would still be a vendor pet or the Perky Pug or something.
Re: WoW Infographic
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:08 pm
by peanutbuttercup
GormanGhaste wrote:Is the Squirrel really the most popular pet? I know it's a very low level wild pet and I can understand the appeal, but I just assumed it would still be a vendor pet or the Perky Pug or something.
It says most common. My guess is anyone that ever tried pet battling has probably caught one.
I really doubt Tiny Red Carp is the rarest pet. I would think ATM it is the Viscous Horror or some old Blizzcon pet like Murky.
Re: WoW Infographic
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:50 pm
by GormanGhaste
peanutbuttercup wrote:It says most common.
By most popular, I meant most common. Out of curiosity, I checked a couple of sites that track pet popularity (warcraftpets, guildox), and for both sites, the Squirrel wasn't even in the top 50. So I'm really confused.
Re: WoW Infographic
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:15 pm
by Makoes
Aren't those sites dependent on people registering their collections?
Where as Blizzard has full access to ALL the information.../shrug
Re: WoW Infographic
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:18 pm
by cowmuflage
Yeah Blizz would have access to every ones accounts. Surely their info is better then another sites?
Re: WoW Infographic
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:30 pm
by GormanGhaste
True, the blizzard data would include more non-pet collectors, but wouldn't they be less likely to do pet battles at all? I'm trying to come up with a reason that makes sense...and all I can think of is that even people that aren't interested in pet battles might have done the first few quests, as the starter quest was an auto-accept. And when they did Audrey Burnhep's "Got One" quest in SW, there are Squirrel spawns near the quest giver? That's all I got.
Re: WoW Infographic
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:38 pm
by peanutbuttercup
GormanGhaste wrote:Out of curiosity, I checked a couple of sites that track pet popularity (warcraftpets, guildox), and for both sites, the Squirrel wasn't even in the top 50. So I'm really confused.
Yeah now I'm wondering where they got their info from, like was it a snapshot taken from a small sample base, and when was the info gathered? As you noted I would've thought a vendor pet would have been more likely to be most common.
WCP says Stinker and Guildox says Fishy. Stinker makes sense on WCP since that's a site for pet collectors, but Fishy is probably the most common given that it's a quest reward that pretty much everyone 85+ got.
Re: WoW Infographic
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:59 pm
by Lisaara
warcraftmounts and such are dependant upon people to actually submit anything so I dont think Blizz had their information from there and info from such sites should be taken with a grain of salt.
Re: WoW Infographic
Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:54 am
by Kayb
I'm more interested in the orc face at the top and the gnome face at the bottom... they look new to me
(deleted)
Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:54 am
by Slapperfish
(deleted)
Re: WoW Infographic
Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:41 am
by Kayb
I am quite aware of this, thank you.
What I'm saying is, they don't look like the ones revealed at Blizzcon.
Re: WoW Infographic
Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:58 am
by Myrrmi
Oh, you might be right there... high time for them to start adding more faces, with beta just around the Soon-ish(TM) corner
Also:
Every day in Azeroth there are:
900k PvE instances
670k PvP instances
3.6m pet battles
that made me lol

Re: WoW Infographic
Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:53 am
by Banard
cowmuflage wrote:Yeah Blizz would have access to every ones accounts. Surely their info is better then another sites?
Yes and no and yes again.
Read it, think about each line and see what they are saying.
For example: 100 million accounts
including trials! So there adding all the Chinese farmers, gold sellers into that category. Once upon a time before they cracked down on the trials it was really bad. This one is pure marketing at its best.
most widely used titles? Ever create a level 1? gives you a default title that you cant change..how does this effect that?
rarest mount? its the rarest OBTAINABLE MOUNT. The original ones or any pvp season are rarer. But it is worth noting guild ox has it ranked 2nd rarest with a few less people having the one off of heroic Garrosh. Pretty consistent statistics thou, gives me more faith in guild ox.
It depends on your definition of rarest pet but guild ox has red carp pretty low too, the only ones lower are recruit a friend rewards/card games one and the vengeful porcupine but there is always a bunch of those on AH
provides a lot of interesting fun facts, illustrates guild ox is doing a awesome job and really only has one "fluffed" number.
Re: WoW Infographic
Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:39 am
by Snope
Myrrmi wrote:Oh, you might be right there... high time for them to start adding more faces, with beta just around the Soon-ish(TM) corner
Also:
Every day in Azeroth there are:
900k PvE instances
670k PvP instances
3.6m pet battles
that made me lol

Damn, that's gotta be painful for the bosses. Seriously, they're getting massacred countless times every
minute.
Re: WoW Infographic
Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:45 am
by Danielfboone
Snope wrote:Myrrmi wrote:Oh, you might be right there... high time for them to start adding more faces, with beta just around the Soon-ish(TM) corner
Also:
Every day in Azeroth there are:
900k PvE instances
670k PvP instances
3.6m pet battles
that made me lol

Damn, that's gotta be painful for the bosses. Seriously, they're getting massacred countless times every
minute.
Yes but every time it's merely a setback.
Re: WoW Infographic
Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:12 am
by Snope
Danielfboone wrote:Yes but every time it's merely a setback.
Would they even have enough time to state that their death was merely a setback before they get downed again?
Re: WoW Infographic
Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:19 am
by Kayb
"That was mer--ACK"