Page 1 of 1
.
Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:14 pm
by Banard
.
Re: Has the quality of Blizzard work made you feel embarrass
Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:35 pm
by Helsinki
I use a 90 on a separate account to drag around one to two alts at a time and this has been a huge thorn in my side since crz was implemented. I've taken to just driving them around on my mammoth or carefully flying one low to the ground and summoning the other upon reaching the desired destination. Jade forest is the biggest headache for me. All the phasing makes my toon fall off constantly.
But to answer your post title... No. I mean yes, this issue drives me nuts and I thought it would have been fixed by now, but maybe it's not so easy. Overall though I would honestly have to say I am incredibly impressed with Blizzard's work in general. This is one of the few exceptions.
Re: Has the quality of Blizzard work made you feel embarrass
Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:16 pm
by Banard
I think you mention a separate issue which does the same thing.
(1) rubber band issue between zones due to CRZ
(2) rubber band issues with phasing
There is no rubber band effect between zones due to CRZ in pandaland. Well at least to my knowledge.
The phasing issue is annoying too. I just haven;t had a issue with my recruit a friend. Where not there yet. Plus when we do q we are doing it the same time.
(not i am not trying to qq here or "demand" it needs to be fix. I honestly felt very defensive to my friend when explaining why this occurs)
Re: Has the quality of Blizzard work made you feel embarrass
Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:44 pm
by Lisaara
Just to keep it short...no, not really. Even with the CRZ, my newbie friends love the gave, good and bad. No game is perfect. Just gotta accept both.
Re: Has the quality of Blizzard work made you feel embarrass
Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:43 pm
by Castile
Mm no not really. Ive played for like 10yrs and sure theres glitches now and then but overall I wouldn't of stuck with a game this long if I didnt think it was awesome

Re: Has the quality of Blizzard work made you feel embarrass
Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:10 pm
by Wain
I admit I felt this recently, when I gave a new recruit friend a tour of the world. I kept losing him, killing him and apologizing over and over as he was kicked off my mount with phasing. In one part of KLS there's an even more insidious problem where it continually teleports all low-level players back to a monastery and refuses to let them leave. It took us a long time to get him away from there.
I feel that they have rushed in phasing transitions and it's not up to their normal quality. Especially when it's now approaching two expansions from when it was introduced. I kind of also felt this way about 5.4... that the team rushed to get the work done so they could get back to WoD and weren't allowed to look back. But I'm just guessing there.
It may be worth posting on the forums about your frustrations, but it is something they're well aware of. So maybe be careful to post in a non-inflammatory way, but just express as well as you can how frustrating and awkward the experience is when introducing new players. That's something, I think, that may impact them more than someone who is just angry or using hyperbolic language. I'm not saying you would have done that, but just giving my thoughts.
Re: Has the quality of Blizzard work made you feel embarrass
Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:55 pm
by cowmuflage
I don't think I have ever been embarrassed by a game O.o
Re: Has the quality of Blizzard work made you feel embarrass
Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:39 am
by Rawr
One of my programming instructors was talking about instances in programming code and used the ones in WoW to help explain it. He used to be a big WoW player but hadn't played in a while. It was cool until he asked how many people still play it. In that big room no one raised their hand, then someone asked "Isn't that a kids game?"

Re: Has the quality of Blizzard work made you feel embarrass
Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:46 am
by zedxrgal
I can't say as though I've ever been embarrassed by the game. Parts have been very irritating like phasing and CRZ. Kind of hard to boast when everything is a competition like getting mats etc. Makes it really tough. I know people who gave up playing because of it. Not to mention the game looks old.
I know they're updating and blah blah blah but at this point could be too little too late with the phasing everywhere and CRZ
Re: Has the quality of Blizzard work made you feel embarrass
Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:46 am
by Sukurachi
Isn't server connections meant partially to also deal with CRZ issues?
Re: Has the quality of Blizzard work made you feel embarrass
Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:10 pm
by Lisaara
Sukurachi wrote:Isn't server connections meant partially to also deal with CRZ issues?
Pretty much, yeah.
Re: Has the quality of Blizzard work made you feel embarrass
Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:23 pm
by Lupis
Honestly, I never knew WoW to have... good connotations? Whenever I brought it up, it was like announcing that you won the Annual National Geekfest. Lots of rolled eyes and laughing. >.> I spent most of middle and high school feeling embarrassed by WoW!
But that wasn't really because of the quality, so much as the fact that I spent all day playing an MMORPG. WoW just isn't like GW2 or some of the other games out there. With GW2, the beauty is a big factor of the game. WoW tries, but it just can't match that. But there's reason for it- WoW focuses on other things. I think the problem is, those other things can't really be... shown off easily. They have to do with how you play and all sorts of little details that make playing easier/more fun, but those things don't really grab you when you're seeing the game for the first time.
That said, of course the game is having some issues. The phasing thing is annoying as heck and you can run into a lot of kind of embarrassing glitches while flying around. None of them are game-breaking or even more than vaguely annoying (enemies that are stuck in evade, floating trees, etc) but when someone hasn't seen the good parts of the game yet, it looks bad. And Blizzard will need to work on it.
But embarrassed by the quality of WoW? No. WoW is a good game. There's a reason so many people play it, and have played it for so long.
Re: Has the quality of Blizzard work made you feel embarrass
Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:38 pm
by Arthur
no