Page 1 of 1

Easy Professions!

Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:36 am
by Hisae
Good morning!

I have a question! What are two professions that are easy to level? My main is an 89 hunter and I'm struggling on what to get her. She's also low on gold. I have mining right now but if something is better out there, please suggest away! :)

Re: Easy Professions!

Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:41 am
by Anyia
I'm always fond of skinning, as you more or less create your own resource nodes for it.

Re: Easy Professions!

Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:42 am
by Makoes
Gathering profs I find are the easiest, and are pretty much pure profit since you just sell what you find/skin. For something a little more...I found enchanting to be pretty easy. Leveling it up on an 89 would be a breeze, just run low lv dungeosn and DE all the green/blue drops and enchant the same piece of armor over and over, or use the vellum (sp?) to put the enchants on it and sell em in the AH.

Re: Easy Professions!

Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:13 am
by Hisae
What about tailoring for a hunter or is it still better on mage?

Re: Easy Professions!

Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:46 am
by Myrrmi
I like engi on hunter - the gloves tinker stacks well with our burst (at least for BM), and it's a tremendous amount of fun. On the bad side, there's very few ways to make gold out of it - golems are getting cheaper and cheaper, so now I'm happy if I manage to get 5k profit for those 30 days CDs; you can also make scopes for the non-engi hunters or make pets, but the demand for either of those options is rather small.

For pure profit, I'd keep mining. Mind you, whichever you pick up, it will be getting worse and worse towards the end of expac. If you would like to make enough for a 10-bedroom house with a swimming pool and a pony in the first month of the new expac, get herbalism. Skinning is ok, too, but skins are used just by the LWs, while both ore and herbs are used by more than 1 profession, and thus will be in much greater demand.
And even now, at the end of expac, people still need to gem new drops and drink flasks and pots in raids, soo... :)

Re: Easy Professions!

Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:14 am
by Aeladrine
Agreed with Myrrmi. Whenever I have a character I want to go pure profit on, I ALWAYS give them mining/herbalism (this sometimes means "competing" with myself in the AH, haha). I find that low level ores sell better than low level herbs for the most part, but that's because it's harder to find ore than herbs (which makes herbalism a little easier to level).

Re: Easy Professions!

Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:05 pm
by Hisae
Ok! Mining/herbalism it is! :) Ty! Ty!