Page 1 of 1
GUILD WARNING
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:08 am
by Aeladrine
I was invited to join a guild on Moon Guard, which I won't name unless Wain says I can (due to the nature of what happened), but I figured their attitude about this was severe enough that I needed to put up a warning here in case someone else happens to join them. From tumblr:
Some members of “name redacted” on Moon Guard treat rape as a joke, say their characters are worthless and have to be deleted if they’ve been raped (and that there’s no way for their stories to “progress” because of it), say “talk about rape and people get all butthurt. Who raped them?”, and find it funny if you try to explain why everything about that is offensive. My suggestion? Don’t join.
If this is something that is likely to offend you or hurt you, please PM me so I can send you the name of the guild so you can look out for them. It's a VERY large guild, nearly 900 members, and I'm sure many of them are very nice. However, as with all large guilds, there are bound to be some people who treat things that are not jokes in any way as such. Be careful guys, and be safe.
Re: GUILD WARNING
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:56 pm
by Lisaara
Could you PM me their name? I've never heard of a guild doing that.
Also just what we need...more stuff to make Moon Guard look horrible...x.x; It's not a bad server guys, really.
Re: GUILD WARNING
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:03 pm
by Bowno
Is this a new thing or is this that happened like months ago? Because I remember this whole rape thing popping up with a friends guild. (They weren't the offending guild, just the receiving end of the whispers and such and brought it to the public)
Re: GUILD WARNING
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:10 pm
by Nachtwulf
I'd like to know so I can pass it around to concerned parties too.
Re: GUILD WARNING
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:57 pm
by Castile
Disturbing. I play a rp toon on Moon Guard and have never come across anything like this. Ofcourse I'm on at different times than peak so who knows. I hope this guild gets a swift boot for this!
Re: GUILD WARNING
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:30 pm
by Shade
More then a little unacceptable. If I were you with this information, I would be contacting Blizzard and reporting this both as an in game ticket and over the phone. There is now way in $%# that this kind of behavior should be allowed, I would very much think that Blizzard would act on this rather quickly.
Re: GUILD WARNING
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:36 pm
by Iowawolf
Dang stuff like this isn't funny at all but leave to Moon Guard and their cesspool at Pornshire to do this crap I can't wait till BWR gets connected to SC we will be forever non CRZed with them.
Re: GUILD WARNING
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:12 pm
by Aeladrine
It happened last night, unfortunately.): I had just joined the guild, because it was a level 25 and I needed the boosts.
Re: GUILD WARNING
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:18 pm
by Lisaara
Xenaslove wrote:Dang stuff like this isn't funny at all but leave to Moon Guard and their cesspool at Pornshire to do this crap I can't wait till BWR gets connected to SC we will be forever non CRZed with them.
You do know connected doesn't remove you from CRZ's right? Pretty sure it doesn't.
I do ask you don't judge Moon Guard by one guild's actions alone and this guild seems to be Horde side. (I play Alliance on MG. Alliance never has anything like that)
Also note...pornshire is filled with people from BWR and SC, and many other servers, far more than actual Moon Guardians.

So before you start blaming MG, you may wanna look at other servers first since a lot of people from different main servers make level 1 alts on MG just for Pornshire.
Re: GUILD WARNING
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:50 pm
by Castile
Junrei wrote:Xenaslove wrote:Dang stuff like this isn't funny at all but leave to Moon Guard and their cesspool at Pornshire to do this crap I can't wait till BWR gets connected to SC we will be forever non CRZed with them.
You do know connected doesn't remove you from CRZ's right? Pretty sure it doesn't.
I do ask you don't judge Moon Guard by one guild's actions alone and this guild seems to be Horde side. (I play Alliance on MG. Alliance never has anything like that)
Also note...pornshire is filled with people from BWR and SC, and many other servers, far more than actual Moon Guardians.

So before you start blaming MG, you may wanna look at other servers first since a lot of people from different main servers make level 1 alts on MG just for Pornshire.
Agreed. You can't judge an entire server on one incident. I've lvled and RP'ed on MG and never encounted anyone rude or remotely awful. In fact the only rude ppl I encounter are from other servers via the DF or CRZ.
It should be known ppl go to goldshire for one reason. Its the only place on the server where that kind of rp goes on, don't like it don't go there is my advice but don't judge an entire player base on one aspect of MG.
This guild is not the norm on ANY server.
Re: GUILD WARNING
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:32 am
by Lisaara
Castile wrote:Junrei wrote:Xenaslove wrote:Dang stuff like this isn't funny at all but leave to Moon Guard and their cesspool at Pornshire to do this crap I can't wait till BWR gets connected to SC we will be forever non CRZed with them.
You do know connected doesn't remove you from CRZ's right? Pretty sure it doesn't.
I do ask you don't judge Moon Guard by one guild's actions alone and this guild seems to be Horde side. (I play Alliance on MG. Alliance never has anything like that)
Also note...pornshire is filled with people from BWR and SC, and many other servers, far more than actual Moon Guardians.

So before you start blaming MG, you may wanna look at other servers first since a lot of people from different main servers make level 1 alts on MG just for Pornshire.
Agreed. You can't judge an entire server on one incident. I've lvled and RP'ed on MG and never encounted anyone rude or remotely awful. In fact the only rude ppl I encounter are from other servers via the DF or CRZ.
It should be known ppl go to goldshire for one reason. Its the only place on the server where that kind of rp goes on, don't like it don't go there is my advice but don't judge an entire player base on one aspect of MG.
This guild is not the norm on ANY server.
Definitely not. I've played on both Horde and Alliance on MG. I'm just primarily Alliance since most of my friends are. Either way, I've got friends on both sides and a guild like that is likely to get black listed real quick.
Re: GUILD WARNING
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:19 am
by Aeladrine
I'll make it known that I have a large number of RP characters on Moon Guard as well as Blackwater Raiders, and this is the first time anything like this has happened. That's WHY I thought it so important to warn people; this certainly isn't the norm, and most people would be absolutely horrified over it.
Re: GUILD WARNING
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:10 am
by Nachtwulf
Perks or no perks, the main reason I never join spam-invite guilds (aside from the drastic drop in maturity you find in them) is that pretty much every single one of them is simply a gold factory for the guild owner. The guild is leveled up high enough for the Cash Flow perk, then it's just a matter of sucking up as many people as possible.
Peons are never given bank access, so basically all their leveling puts gold in the guild owner's pocket, and no rewards aside from the bare perks are ever seen by anyone who isn't them or their direct cronies. It's literally profiting directly off the work of others with no overt reward.