Druid Travel Form Changes

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Druid Travel Form Changes

Unread post by Redith »

Last edited by Redith on Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Re: Goodbye druids travel form

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Source....?

Or are you just referring to the new version?
  • Travel Form now automatically transitions between Aquatic, Land, and Flight versions, as is appropriate to the Druid’s location.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Miacoda
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Dude... I'm actually kind of upset about this like... I want control of where I can be a stag or a bird. I'm glad they're trying to reduc buttons but why reduce buttons that, currently, have their own bar?

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Redith »

Miacoda wrote:Dude... I'm actually kind of upset about this like... I want control of where I can be a stag or a bird. I'm glad they're trying to reduc buttons but why reduce buttons that, currently, have their own bar?
I know...It deters me from rolling a druid now actually
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Yeah, I'd be sad at that too. I love stag form so much, sometimes I just run around in it without even needing to. :c I don't play my druid too often, but I do hope they'll consider changing this. I don't even see how the forms add to button bloat when they're separate from the action bars in their own little spot.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

They didn't remove it. It's just one button instead of 3. o.o;

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Your title is kind of missleading. I thought it had really gone for good and when it had just changed >.>
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

cowmuflage wrote:Your title is kind of missleading. I thought it had really gone for good and when it had just changed >.>
Agreed. Wain will likely change it.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I can't say that I like this particular direction they are trying with druid forms. I don't find any need to change things from the separate bar that the forms are already on. However if they are wanting to get rid of the extra bar, then something as simple as a tab (like shaman totems) would work.
I feel like they are wasting time trying to "fix" something that isn't broken. I'd rather they focus on things that do need attention.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Woah woah woah no. Do they understand that roleplaying exists? That some people will want to carry their buddies around on the ground when their friend doesn't have a flying mount?

This is a really bad idea, big time. Huge kick in the pants for roleplayers that want to use their different forms, and a bigtime pain in the arse in general because being able to change between Travel and Flight is actually /really important/.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Redith »

Junrei wrote:
They didn't remove it. It's just one button instead of 3. o.o;
Yes except for the ground form doesn't activate. You go into a low flying flight form if you are on the ground according to those in the beta
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Makoes wrote:I can't say that I like this particular direction they are trying with druid forms. I don't find any need to change things from the separate bar that the forms are already on. However if they are wanting to get rid of the extra bar, then something as simple as a tab (like shaman totems) would work.
I feel like they are wasting time trying to "fix" something that isn't broken. I'd rather they focus on things that do need attention.
I agree, this isn't something that needs to be 'fixed'...how about armour for druid forms (permenant not just a dps boost) or something along those lines that players actually want? I hate this. I like being a cheetah on my resto or a stag on my kitty troll. I don't normally whine about changes but this is just...dumb.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

I'd be okay with it if, say, when on the ground you automatically used stag form, and when you jumped and hit travel form, you turned into a bird.

But- the way it is- it just stops you from having the ability to choose. And that's not okay.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Well from looking at some comments you CAN still turn into stag form. You just need to click a button.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

cowmuflage wrote:Well from looking at some comments you CAN still turn into stag form. You just need to click a button.
This ^

Also why would they remove it and then have these two new glyphs?
  • Glyph of Travel: Travel Form grants an additional 60% movement speed, but can no longer be used while in combat.This effect is disabled in battlegrounds and arenas and cannot be combined with other temporary speed bonuses.
  • Stag Form: Grants an alternate version of stag form which other players can ride as a mount.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Druid Travel Form Changes

Unread post by Redith »

You also have to waste a glyph to do so
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

SpiritBinder wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:Well from looking at some comments you CAN still turn into stag form. You just need to click a button.
This ^

Also why would they remove it and then have these two new glyphs?
  • Glyph of Travel: Travel Form grants an additional 60% movement speed, but can no longer be used while in combat.This effect is disabled in battlegrounds and arenas and cannot be combined with other temporary speed bonuses.
  • Stag Form: Grants an alternate version of stag form which other players can ride as a mount.
I get that it's not disappearing, but from the way I'm understanding it, you might not be able to turn into the Stag form at will depending on your location? (you'll be forced into flight form if the area has flying enabled), and it just seems like an unnecessary change.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Re: Druid Travel Form Changes

I only said that so I could clear it up for the people who said Stag form was going away. Sorry if it came of rude or something >.> The headless chickenness sometimes gets my goat.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Vephriel wrote:I get that it's not disappearing, but from the way I'm understanding it, you might not be able to turn into the Stag form at will depending on your location? (you'll be forced into flight form if the area has flying enabled), and it just seems like an unnecessary change.
Thats how I understood it too. So if your running around as cheetah in Sw if you jump will that force you into flight form? I think the aquatice form in water bit is ok but with alot of the world flight enabled I think this would annoy me.

If it was a choice - ie they just combined it into a drop down menu if they are so concerned about button gloat - I don't think ppl would mind as much. But as it seems to be ONE button and is environmentally controlled - I can see this being very annoying.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~