Page 1 of 1
world boss Echidna down!
Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:30 pm
by Fangz
After many deaths, this bloodthirsty hydra was brought down! Took about 100 level 90-92's to take this thing down but we did it! Not sure if it was world first but it was sure exciting to see so many people fight off this hydra.
Re: world boss Echidna down!
Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:51 pm
by Aoife
I was there! Got some video of the take-down, which I'll have to render and upload - I'll post a link here when I get that done.

Re: world boss Echidna down!
Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:53 pm
by PorrasouxRex
Third screenshot, top of General chat. "Gnomegnome" : "I killed Echidna and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" Couldn't help but crack up there.
Also, glad to see so many hunters with thunder hydras! they really do stick out as pets.
Re: world boss Echidna down!
Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:02 pm
by Lupen202
Damn! I wish I was there!

Seems like it was a lot of fun.
Re: world boss Echidna down!
Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:33 pm
by Miacoda
Darn! This is what I get for being active and going outside, I miss cool shit online!

Re: world boss Echidna down!
Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:05 pm
by Aoife
Here's the very short video I took of the kill. I arrived right at the end, just in time to get off a couple of shots and send my pets.
http://youtu.be/kFRGMTJGRog
Re: world boss Echidna down!
Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:00 pm
by Quiv
Where does this thing spawn? Ran all over Shadowmoon and never saw it.
Edit: nevermind, found him off the southwest coast around where Shadowmoon and Spires meet.
Re: world boss Echidna down!
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:33 pm
by Zalani
Haha,that's awesome,and the Thunder Hydra model is pretty cool when its scaled big.
Kiting big bosses around is always pretty fun.
Re: world boss Echidna down!
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:48 pm
by Quiv
I've noticed something. I don't think Echidna is a world boss, I think its a new class of very large creatures. There are a lot of them in various zones that are big like Echidna. And the Dungeon Journal as 3 World Boss entries that none of these big mobs are a part of.
I know it could all change, but I have a feeling theres just going to be big world creatures, and then 3 World Bosses as well.
Re: world boss Echidna down!
Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:27 am
by Makoes
Hmmm, that could be fun to
Reminds me of the Fel Reaver.
Re: world boss Echidna down!
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:54 am
by Akyo
while world bosses are very neat and fun, can someone please tell me why its called (and some others) Echidna?!
i mean...a echidna is a headgehog looking anteater..Enlighten me someone please!!
Re: world boss Echidna down!
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:00 pm
by Aoife
Akyo wrote:while world bosses are very neat and fun, can someone please tell me why its called (and some others) Echidna?!
i mean...a echidna is a headgehog looking anteater..Enlighten me someone please!!
I wondered that too - I'm a retired wildlife biologist and was looking for a spiny anteater and all I found was a hydra. Granted this is a different world than ours, but really? Maybe they eat really big ants. (shudders at the thought of giant ants all over Draenor)
Re: world boss Echidna down!
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:31 pm
by Loki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echidna_(mythology)
I suspect that's the reference they are going for, what with the "mother of all monsters" thing.
Re: world boss Echidna down!
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:35 pm
by Aoife
That works for me!

Re: world boss Echidna down!
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:37 pm
by Akyo
Aoife wrote:
That works for me!

Not for me! XD
I dont like it still. Oh well.