Page 1 of 2
Is Blizz mocking us? But then again, Rexxar is THE BM hunter
Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:02 am
by KociPandan
Re: Is Blizz mocking us? But then again, Rexxar is THE BM hu
Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:09 am
by Rawr
He has tamed a windrider so......

Re: Is Blizz mocking us? But then again, Rexxar is THE BM hu
Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:14 am
by KociPandan
Rawr wrote:He has tamed a windrider so......

But the Dread Raven is relevant with the current upcoming expansion though...
Re: Is Blizz mocking us? But then again, Rexxar is THE BM hu
Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:40 am
by Lisaara
Rexxar is the ultimate BM hunter and we make pacts with our mounts all the time. He's no different.
Re: Is Blizz mocking us? But then again, Rexxar is THE BM hu
Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:52 am
by KociPandan
Junrei wrote:Rexxar is the ultimate BM hunter and we make pacts with our mounts all the time. He's no different.
To be fair, he is also a huntard; He only learned how to use bow when Hearthstone come out.
Re: Is Blizz mocking us? But then again, Rexxar is THE BM hu
Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:13 pm
by Lisaara
pop wrote:Junrei wrote:Rexxar is the ultimate BM hunter and we make pacts with our mounts all the time. He's no different.
To be fair, he is also a huntard; He only learned how to use bow when Hearthstone come out.
This is true! Though he is pretty badass dual wielding.....XD
Re: Is Blizz mocking us? But then again, Rexxar is THE BM hu
Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:40 pm
by Quiv
Oh its a mount and not his pet. I was about to flip my lid (not that it would have mattered much haha)
Re: Is Blizz mocking us? But then again, Rexxar is THE BM hu
Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:40 pm
by KociPandan
Quivering wrote:Oh its a mount and not his pet. I was about to flip my lid (not that it would have mattered much haha)
An armorless dread raven mount? YESSSS PLSSSSS
Re: Is Blizz mocking us? But then again, Rexxar is THE BM hu
Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:10 pm
by SylviaDragon
(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻ mount or pet, either way I'm quite jealous. I wish we had some kind of pet family we could fit all these larger birds into. phoenix, Roc, something like that.
Re: Is Blizz mocking us? But then again, Rexxar is THE BM hu
Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:49 pm
by Shinryu Masaki
I agree, a Roc family would have been much more impressive to me than the Rylak one. Maybe they'll change their minds about it, there's still time! *crosses fingers*
Re: Is Blizz mocking us? But then again, Rexxar is THE BM hu
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:09 am
by Xota
Shinryu Masaki wrote:I agree, a Roc family would have been much more impressive to me than the Rylak one. Maybe they'll change their minds about it, there's still time! *crosses fingers*
Even if it's just the skins from Throne of Thunder, I'd be pleased. But BC Anzu and the WoD dread ravens would be really super keen too. Maybe it will be like Direhorns, and we have to advance through the story Arrakoa story before they decide to make them tameable. They could trot around when you're unmounted, and "fly" when you're mounted or when they're dashing. I think the moonkin minipet does something like that, so I'd hope hunter pets could be made to behave that way too.
Re: Is Blizz mocking us? But then again, Rexxar is THE BM hu
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:54 am
by Lupen202
I think it'd be neat if dread ravens and the like were tamable, but still considerably rare. A very rare and unique spawn like Karoma or Loque could work, but I think it'd be neat too if a book similar to the direhorns' was added, that was a very rare drop from certain mobs. Maybe instead of just teaching you the ability to tame them though like with the direhorns, the book could be like the warlocks' green fire quest? Would be a nice challenge, I think.
Could also be a reward for hunters getting exalted with an Arrakoa-related faction or something, but that isn't as exciting. /shrug
There are so many possibilities.
Re: Is Blizz mocking us? But then again, Rexxar is THE BM hu
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:46 pm
by SylviaDragon
you could tie all those possibilities up into one thing. after earning a certain amount of rep with the Arrakoa you can find/buy a book that would allow you to see the tracks left behind by a rare spawn dread raven. lore wise it could be seen as you gaining the trust of the Arrakoa and then being told stories/rumors that the locals have seen a new dread raven roaming around a certain area and they have told you how to spot its tracks.
Honestly I would be happy with any method regardless of the challenge but I doubt we will see them any time soon. Maye later in the xpack but I won't allow myself to get too excited.
Re: Is Blizz mocking us? But then again, Rexxar is THE BM hu
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:26 pm
by Vephriel
I think a reputation based tame would be really interesting!

Re: Is Blizz mocking us? But then again, Rexxar is THE BM hu
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:50 pm
by Quiv
Get exalted with a faction, maybe do some specific tame quests or something, get to tame a Roc family... I like these ideas! Roc would make such a great family too.
Re: Is Blizz mocking us? But then again, Rexxar is THE BM hu
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:03 pm
by Wain
Vephriel wrote:I think a reputation based tame would be really interesting!

That'd be awesome. There are a number of families that could easily be tied to certain factions, though the Dread Raven / Roc one that Quivering mentioned is the only one that comes readily to mind for Draenor.
But your comment put a silly thought in my head of a beast giving you weeks and weeks of boring dailies before it'll let you tame it

Re: Is Blizz mocking us? But then again, Rexxar is THE BM hu
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:13 pm
by Quiv
Well they could spin it like the faction not trusting you with their secrets to taming it until...
well...
until you do weeks and weeks of boring dailies

Re: Is Blizz mocking us? But then again, Rexxar is THE BM hu
Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:41 pm
by Quiv
Think the Rep/Arrakoa leading to learning to tame a family (like Roc) should be suggested as feedback in some official capacity?
Re: Is Blizz mocking us? But then again, Rexxar is THE BM hu
Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:06 am
by PorrasouxRex
I agree, I've always wanted to tame Anzu, or his Draenor cousins for a long time. I feel like a rep based tame to learn their secrets would be both unique and interesting.
Re: Is Blizz mocking us? But then again, Rexxar is THE BM hu
Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:09 am
by Lupen202
I submitted an in-game suggestion on beta, but I'm not counting on it happening, even if it would be epic. I mean, its not like it has to go against lore, so that isn't exactly a valid excuse from them. Still... fingers crossed.