Page 1 of 2

Boosted hunters, what do they miss?

Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:18 pm
by Slickrock
Thought this might be worth discussion and to keep track of.

First off, it appears all the spirit beasts in Mt. Hyjal, and of course any of the molten front pets are inaccessible unless you go back and do a ton of quests, which, if you were going to do, why would you spend the money to boost the toon?

Re: Boosted hunters, what do they miss?

Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:47 pm
by Makoes
Well I think that most people who boost a toon do so to experience current content faster, or play with their friends. Do you expect blizzard to just give you all the treasure and quest items from all the quests your character didn't do from leveling?
Boosting a character doesn't make older content obsolete, the experience and story-lines are still there for people who want to experience that again. The game doesn't just open up and hand you everything on a silver platter because you boosted. :ugeek:

Re: Boosted hunters, what do they miss?

Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:58 pm
by Slickrock
Wow... snark much?

My goal was really to list out stuff that a boosted hunter would miss, and might have to go back to get. Not start a snark-fest.

Re: Boosted hunters, what do they miss?

Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:55 pm
by zedxrgal
I've boosted a few toons. And IN MY OPINION boosting is well worth it. Considering what you get when you boost the toon from level 60.
But obviously all the content from your boost level to 90 you'd have to go and do. It's way to much to list here.
But all the major zones from level 80 to 90 you'd sadly have to do the quests.
Where the perks for boosting from 60 are simply that it saves you a ton of gold because of the flying they give you. Professions boosted to 600. Etc.
Zones would be:
Uldum
Hyjal
Twilight Highlands
Vashj'ir
Deepholme
Molten Front
And pretty much all of Pandaria

All of them have phasing of some sort.
Is this more what you were looking for?

Re: Boosted hunters, what do they miss?

Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:19 pm
by Slickrock
yep.

The Twilight Highland rares are still available, at least Karoma is, haven't found the lion yet.

Deepholme you should have access with one or two quests, but it would take more work to get to the quest where you get to the rare shale spider.

Anything specific phased out in Panderia for taming?

Re: Boosted hunters, what do they miss?

Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:54 pm
by Castile
I would imagine Jade Forrest rares that require tracking might be phased out...can't really remember if they are affected?

Re: Boosted hunters, what do they miss?

Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:03 pm
by Redith
Castile wrote:I would imagine Jade Forrest rares that require tracking might be phased out...can't really remember if they are affected?
That is a negative, I boosted Radith and had no problem tracking and catching the white tiger

Re: Boosted hunters, what do they miss?

Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:07 pm
by cowmuflage
Not much? I mean you could blitz any old content you want and the quests would give a good amount of gold. Something you would not get if you did it while leveling.

Re: Boosted hunters, what do they miss?

Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:25 pm
by Wain
Are paid boosts already in or are they coming in WoD? If they're in I'll move this to pets.

It's a worthwhile topic to know what you need to go back to do with your boosted hunter, if you want certain things. The first reply was really not fair, but may have been (hopefully) a misunderstanding.

Re: Boosted hunters, what do they miss?

Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:45 pm
by SpiritBinder
Not a bad idea to workout what pets are and aren't available straight up for a boosted hunter.
Slick, if your dedicated to this discussion, I would also suggest collecting and compiling all the relevant and discussed information into your top/original post. That way people viewing this topic with a boosted hunter can use the appropriate directions/information to access whatever pets that are effected by inaccessibility for some reason or another.

Also would be good to see this in the "Pets" section too as it's pretty relevant now.

Re: Boosted hunters, what do they miss?

Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:49 pm
by Slickrock
Wain wrote:Are paid boosts already in or are they coming in WoD? If they're in I'll move this to pets.

It's a worthwhile topic to know what you need to go back to do with your boosted hunter, if you want certain things. The first reply was really not fair, but may have been (hopefully) a misunderstanding.
Well, it's both. A lot of people will be getting boosts with WoD, but the paid boosts are already in place. (Boosted the hunter in question that way to max professions).

Re: Boosted hunters, what do they miss?

Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:52 pm
by Slickrock
SpiritBinder wrote:Not a bad idea to workout what pets are and aren't available straight up for a boosted hunter.
Slick, if your dedicated to this discussion, I would also suggest collecting and compiling all the relevant and discussed information into your top/original post. That way people viewing this topic with a boosted hunter can use the appropriate directions/information to access whatever pets that are effected by inaccessibility for some reason or another.

Also would be good to see this in the "Pets" section too as it's pretty relevant now.
I can at least make some notes on it. At least group it in categories.

Minor effort:

Deepholm (2 quests, I think)

Medium effort:

Vash (~15 quests)

Major effort:

Hyjal/MF rares (30+ quests?)

Would help if anyone else has any notes.

Re: Boosted hunters, what do they miss?

Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:04 pm
by SpiritBinder
That would be good, also maybe add in what pets are also in these categories and link them. That way if a new hunter is looking for say Ban'thalos, they could look in here and find it....

eg.

Re: Boosted hunters, what do they miss?

Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:46 pm
by Redith
SpiritBinder wrote:That would be good, also maybe add in what pets are also in these categories and link them. That way if a new hunter is looking for say Ban'thalos, they could look in here and find it....

eg.
Same thing with the 2 cats. I hung out for hours camping something only to find out if you had not healed the land to an extent you couldn't see them

Re: Boosted hunters, what do they miss?

Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:09 pm
by Xota
Maybe Makoes meant that you don't really miss out on that stuff any more than if you leveled a new hunter traditionally (I know my monk didn't do the phased stuff on Mt. Hyjal), so paying for a boost wouldn't miss out on that content any differently (thus answering a question that was in fact asked).

IIRC, at least one of Sambas' spawn points is next to an unphased area. I was sneaking around looking for flight paths on a lowbie-ish toon (it was a while ago, so I don't remember the specifics). But I think I saw Sambas.

Re: Boosted hunters, what do they miss?

Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:57 pm
by Makoes
(for some reason my responce posted on my lunch break didnt actually post)
I am sorry if my responce came off as snarky, that was not my intent. I did get a nice pm from someone who understood what I was trying to convey, and Xota summed it up nicely as well. Sorry for the misunderstanding, text does not convey tone very well ^^;
A comprehensive list of pets only available from certain phase points would be handy.

Re: Boosted hunters, what do they miss?

Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:07 pm
by Iowawolf
I am thinking of buying a 90 boost for my hunter Xenaswolf he is only 25 but am wondering is it worth waiting since I really don't care about the professions some of my guys have them others do not and ones that do I don't do anything with them lol Iowawolf's black smith isn't even close to max cause I rather play the main game. So please advise me if I don't really care about professions is it still worth waiting or can I just pick two and boost him now he is a hunter I made for my girlfriend.

Re: Boosted hunters, what do they miss?

Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:47 pm
by zedxrgal
I've seen Karoma phase out at the spawn by the crucible of carnage twice. But that was a while ago. Sambas shouldn't be in a phased area.

@Iowawolf - if you don't really care about professions then boost whenever. Where, in my opinion,its very worth it is because I have no nack for earning gold. So buying the top flying etc is tough. The paid boost takes care of that. Not to mention the starter gear and bags they give you.

I've been working a lot of hours /days but I'll try and get on my boosted hunter and see what all she can and cannot find.

Re: Boosted hunters, what do they miss?

Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:25 am
by Castile
Redith wrote:
Castile wrote:I would imagine Jade Forrest rares that require tracking might be phased out...can't really remember if they are affected?
That is a negative, I boosted Radith and had no problem tracking and catching the white tiger
oh thats good to know! I do remember when i faction changed (it resets your quests) Cas i had issues with the giant white bug - you had to stand in the river and wait for it to come close to a non phased area for you to tame it. Its not so special now since they fixed his unique "size" issue but its one you can add to the list if people like to tame named mobs :)

Re: Boosted hunters, what do they miss?

Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:32 am
by Slickrock
Iowawolf wrote:I am thinking of buying a 90 boost for my hunter Xenaswolf he is only 25 but am wondering is it worth waiting since I really don't care about the professions some of my guys have them others do not and ones that do I don't do anything with them lol Iowawolf's black smith isn't even close to max cause I rather play the main game. So please advise me if I don't really care about professions is it still worth waiting or can I just pick two and boost him now he is a hunter I made for my girlfriend.
If you don't care about professions, I would not boost. Take your time and level.

I boosted 1 DK with the free boost (which was a mistake) and then paid to boost my third hunter, so I would have 3 toons (all hunters) that would cover the professions I need early. I wanted to get that toon out to TI now to start getting gear.