Let's make it happen: Ancient Rylak!

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Re: Let's make it happen: Ancient Rylak!

Unread post by Xota »

Moonlost wrote: ...
Who says just because they're classified as a new family now that prevents their alternate future selves from being Chimaeras?
Okay, so right now, they're Rylaks. Two-headed fuzzy winged Jackal things. They're equally at home galloping on the ground on all four limbs, and at flying, gliding and maybe even hovering on two. I'm not sure on what their family abilities are, but I'm also presuming that they're different from Chimaeras.

That's all well and good, but then the world breaks apart and corruption from the Burning Legion and the energies of the Twisting Nether mutate the species into the model we see on Outland. Now, they're primarily airborne, which allows them to better travel between the shattered islands of the world for food. In addition, the weird energies have gifted them with a breath weapon which they have learned to use. Genetically, they're still technically closer to Rylaks than the Azerothian Chimaeras. But their shape, behavior and abilities make them more akin to Chimaeras, so they're loosely grouped with them by those who study and/or hunt with them. Not unlike how Hyenas look and act more like canines than the felines they're more closely related to. It's not that they're suddenly and magically chimaeras, it's that they have enough in common with them that they're rather crudely grouped with them.

I mean, I'd be all for grouping them together as Chimaeras anyway, just because it's less mess in my mind. But I can think ways around why Rylaks are different in behaviour (and thus classed in a different "family") than Outlands Chimaera.
I've been swayed. After all dogs and wolves. "Ancient rylak" is still on my wishlist.
vriiska
Realm: steamwheedle cartel US

Unread post by vriiska »

Yes! I remember seeing the early alpha footage of an orc npc flying away on that mount. I really wish they keep it in game, and an option for players to have! In addition wild versions with alternate colours! #SupportAncientRylak.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

So an update on this:

I feel that we have gathered enough people. I would check around on more forums, but I feel it would just become a bit messy. Around 8-9.5 hours from now (I will add another post to this thread 10 minutes before I send it, and then a link to it when I sent the tweet), I will send the initial tweet. I will probably add a second tweet in response to the first one with a link to this petopia thread. You can respond to either Tweet.

You can retweet, favorite, anything, but the most important part is that you respond to my tweet and send words of support.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Sounds good. *raises bow and arrows* United we stand, divded we fall!
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

And I'm gonna tweet the tweet in 10 more minutes.

Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Welllll... that failed.

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I retweeted it, and I'll reply once Twitter stops being a pain and lagging out scary amounts. United we stand, divided we fall :headbang:

How's it failed? I still believe we've got a fair chance :)
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Kayro wrote:I retweeted it, and I'll reply once Twitter stops being a pain and lagging out scary amounts. United we stand, divided we fall :headbang:

I dunno, Muffinus's times are erratic, and he could just be gone again. As far as I know, he only replies to tweets made shortly before or during his visits to Twitter. So if he's gone now, that's a wasted opportunity. We'll see I guess...

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Qraljar wrote:
Kayro wrote:I retweeted it, and I'll reply once Twitter stops being a pain and lagging out scary amounts. United we stand, divided we fall :headbang:

I dunno, Muffinus's times are erratic, and he could just be gone again. As far as I know, he only replies to tweets made shortly before or during his visits to Twitter. So if he's gone now, that's a wasted opportunity. We'll see I guess...
Damn. If we plan our retweet so and replies enough, or they're often enough, we should catch him when he's on again. Hopefully.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Well, that failed. Oh well.

bluddy
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by bluddy »

Well you happened to tweet it when I was fast asleep, I've joined in and retweeted it.
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

I only just found out about this. I did my part and favorited and re-tweeted it, for all the good it'll do.