Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

WoW's 10th Anniversary

Unread post by Lisaara »

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/151076 ... t-8-6-2014

ALL MY YES

Corehound Mount AND Molten Corgi! EEEEEE!!!!

Tauren Mill VS Southshore will be 100vs100 according to Hotlinka and it'll be just like the old honor system.
Last edited by Lisaara on Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Re: WoW's 10th Anniversary

Unread post by Krysteena »

Gimme gimme gimme! OH I CANT WAIT! I can actually have a core hound mount! And I don't have it be in one of those fancy guilds to get one!
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Wait wait wait, we get the Corehound by doing Raid Finder? COUNT ME IN. I know it's going to be a disaster (40 person LFR oh god) but I don't care.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Me neither! I'll keep at it til I kill Raggy!

LisaaraPokefarm

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Hoping to get it knocked out of the way ASAP when it comes out, I can already feel the pain of being grouped with 39 people who don't realize MC has mechanics! : D

...I think my graphics card might fry itself at 40 sets of spells and attacks going off at the same time.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Set those graphics to low low low.

LisaaraPokefarm

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

peanutbuttercup wrote:Hoping to get it knocked out of the way ASAP when it comes out, I can already feel the pain of being grouped with 39 people who don't realize MC has mechanics! : D

...I think my graphics card might fry itself at 40 sets of spells and attacks going off at the same time.
That does remind me. I'll have to research the mechanics but that's not too bad. I'm guessing they'll be upping the raids difficulty, as people would be sooo over geared. Then again, I've never run this particular raid.

You won't be the only one with a dead computer at the end of it. I may have to nick the good one that'd downstairs actually, just in case my own can't cope :roll:
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

OH MAN OH MAN

SUPER EXCITED CAN'T THE ANNIVERSARY COME FASTER?
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Kayro wrote:
peanutbuttercup wrote:Hoping to get it knocked out of the way ASAP when it comes out, I can already feel the pain of being grouped with 39 people who don't realize MC has mechanics! : D

That does remind me. I'll have to research the mechanics but that's not too bad. I'm guessing they'll be upping the raids difficulty, as people would be sooo over geared. Then again, I've never run this particular raid.

You won't be the only one with a dead computer at the end of it. I may have to nick the good one that'd downstairs actually, just in case my own can't cope :roll:
I have a feeling I'm overthinking it. They'll probably keep it fairly easy because it's meant to be a fun, blast from the past sort of thing (and LFR appropriate difficulty to boot), not an actual, working, scaled up version of the original raid. And even back then... 8-10 geared, experienced players could carry 30 inexperienced people through MC. My guild did that regularly.

Yeah I already lag out terribly at Ordos, with all the spell effects flying everywhere. Good thing I can just stand still for most of it! Well MC was mostly standing still too so that should work, I think!
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So Exciting!!!!!!!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

peanutbuttercup wrote:
Kayro wrote:

I have a feeling I'm overthinking it. They'll probably keep it fairly easy because it's meant to be a fun, blast from the past sort of thing (and LFR appropriate difficulty to boot), not an actual, working, scaled up version of the original raid. And even back then... 8-10 geared, experienced players could carry 30 inexperienced people through MC. My guild did that regularly.

Yeah I already lag out terribly at Ordos, with all the spell effects flying everywhere. Good thing I can just stand still for most of it! Well MC was mostly standing still too so that should work, I think!
Now I think on it, there's specific item levels for each raid section in lfr. Unless they remove that for MC I'll have to get my gear up to date. Item level 510 won't get me anywhere if I go by SoO. Either way, I'm so excited! We get to ride corehounds. Frickin corehounds! :headbang: I had a dream I was a corehound once. It was brilliant!
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I am really stoked for this, especially because it makes the mid October WoD release date a lot more likely.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I doubt it. They never said this was being released during WoD. This is likely to give us something to do before the actual release date.

LisaaraPokefarm

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Sweet sounds easy enough to get.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Junrei wrote:I doubt it. They never said this was being released during WoD. This is likely to give us something to do before the actual release date.
This I agree with. They need to give us content don't they? I'm sick of people going 'need to kill Garrosh Grrr' for the 1billionth time. It gets repetitive. I don't think they'll release it suiting Draenor. People who want the mount but aren't quick to level to 100 will miss out.

I can say with confidence this will mean that Draenor will be released around a month afterwards, this December like they told us. Unless Draenor is released a couple of months before, people won't have time to get to 100 to grab a corehound mount. I'm just guessing the month thing, it seems an apt amount of time to wait.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

this news demands a fainting couch! Its like a second Christmas. I cant wait for this. so excited.

Godzilla
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Godzilla »

Kayro wrote:

I very highly doubt that there will be a whole lot of people who are overgeared at level 100 just after WoD's release date.

Besides, they already upped the raid's difficulty a shit ton. You did notice it's going to be a 40-man LFR, right?

EDIT: And if we're assuming that the anniversary comes before WoD, I still won't imagine all or even most of the people in the raid will be decently geared. Especially since it's likely that a lot of the people will probably be people who were unsubbed for a vast majority of this patch/expansion.
Last edited by Godzilla on Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gearing up.
Freshly dinged 7/30/14.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

It's probably a lvl 90 guys since WoD is expected to be at December 20th at latest.

LisaaraPokefarm

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Kayro wrote:
Junrei wrote:I doubt it. They never said this was being released during WoD. This is likely to give us something to do before the actual release date.
This I agree with. They need to give us content don't they? I'm sick of people going 'need to kill Garrosh Grrr' for the 1billionth time. It gets repetitive. I don't think they'll release it suiting Draenor. People who want the mount but aren't quick to level to 100 will miss out.

I can say with confidence this will mean that Draenor will be released around a month afterwards, this December like they told us. Unless Draenor is released a couple of months before, people won't have time to get to 100 to grab a corehound mount. I'm just guessing the month thing, it seems an apt amount of time to wait.
OMG so exciting!!! I love MC :)

I totally agree, dec is the most likely release at this point. They need a christmas release still and this is pretty much it. This kinda feels like another Ruby Sanctuary raid time filler with abit of more encentive with the mount :)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Oh, yes, I did assume it'd be at level 90, like an end of expansion event. It's a good point though, it makes a difference when the anniversary hits versus the expansion.