Emerald Drake Source Discussion

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Re: Emerald Drake Source Discussion

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I was lucky enough to be one of the two people in my guild to get the Blazing Drake in 10 man normal difficulty raiding. It dropped twice in the first three kills and then never again. I would need only the Azure and Sandstone to get the achievement. The Sandstone should not be part of it though. All of that work and gold to get a drake that pales in comparison to some in the list? It just doesn't make sense. It's just a different color. The Blazing probably shouldn't be included either. It should just be all the normal drakes.
Last edited by Danielfboone on Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I like the idea of it being the classic dragons--Black, Blue, Bronze, and Red. Maaaaybe Albino. I mean, we shouldn't really make it some SUPER DUPER hard thing to get in my mind.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Agreed with Azunara- I'd prefer it if it was "get the classics". One of each of the major flights!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

The sandstone drake has now been replaced with a purple nether drake.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

SpiritBinder wrote:The sandstone drake has now been replaced with a purple nether drake.
That's much better. I have the cobalt and veridian ones but it's easy enough to get the purple as well. It really should be any Netherdrake though.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Lisaara »

SpiritBinder wrote:The sandstone drake has now been replaced with a purple nether drake.
Much better. Now they just need to remove Blazing or replace it. Reading twitter comments, most still don't want the Blazing in there cause not only is DS not easy to solo for a majority of people and the droprate is rather low, it just feels out of place.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I was doing great in DS but then LOLULTRAXION. At 562, I'm not taking 5 spirit beasts and every kind of buff and making a bunch of macros and throwing pennies in fountains and praying to the gods just for that.

Guess I'll wait till 100, but yeah this place can be unforgiving for some specs/folks. Maybe at 100, itll be EZmode farm status enough to not be a problem /shrug.

Right now, the 100 premades on the PVE realm are in roughly Nagrandish quest level gear, little higher (ilvl 592) and I am doing so much damage in Dragon Soul, bosses stay alive for a few seconds. Guess I will wait for the tuning pass, but maybe this is the reality of old raids and the squish.
Last edited by Quiv on Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I suggested to Crafticus to replace Blazing with either Green Proto or Purple Proto. Neither are easy to get. One is more RNG based but the other is more dedication to get so you have to work hard rather than rely on RNG.

LisaaraPokefarm

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

I thought there was a poll for the emerald drake drop? I know it was close but was the poll for nothing?

Maybe we just need to have the Emerald Drake come from rep/old raid and have the "collect drake" achievement include the Green as a condition award an Infinite Drake mount :D
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Quivering wrote: award an Infinite Drake mount :D
There is currently no infinite drake mount model in the game, they would have to make one if they were to ever implement it.

Also these are the relevant related tweets at the moment answering questions regarding the topic.

Attachments
Tweets.jpg
Tweets.jpg (141.25 KiB) Viewed 2628 times

­
­
­
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

I linked an Infinite Drake model in game, a boss in Black Morass. They would have to add a saddle though, is the saddle what stopping them? Makes me have a sad face :(
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Quivering wrote:I linked an Infinite Drake model in game, a boss in Black Morass. They would have to add a saddle though.
Exactly, I wish they made the a saddled version like the green one always had, then they could retro introduce it in some fashion.
Shame there's not one as I have always thought they were pretty nifty looking.

My guess is it won't happen without a saddle, I'm am not aware of any player owned drake that usable without a saddle. (there have been a few places/times for quests and instances where you get to use/pilot them, but they've not bee a perma mount) :(

­
­
­
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Quivering wrote:I thought there was a poll for the emerald drake drop? I know it was close but was the poll for nothing?

Maybe we just need to have the Emerald Drake come from rep/old raid and have the "collect drake" achievement include the Green as a condition award an Infinite Drake mount :D
There was and the rep grind was way ahead.

LisaaraPokefarm

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

:? Still makes me wonder why they are seemingly scrapping the poll if they are going with the achievement for the emerald drake. :?
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Well I guess the poll has still been honored in a way of sorts, the Red Drake and the Netherwing both require rep grinds to obtain them (though it did say a WoD Faction in the poll options from memory.... so meh) I think this Drake meta was suggested by Bendak in a tweet, and got a pretty good response, and probably why it's currently being proposed as an achievement requirement.

I'm just very VERY happy it did not end up on the BMAH, that would have been the worst case scenario imo. I'd be glad that the model was finally in game, but still it would be my least favorite way to achieve it.

­
­
­
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Ahh the sandstone has been replaced by the purple netherdrake. Good. Now...blazing drake I wouldn't mind soloing for, 3-6% drop rate. Onyxian drake is the one I'm not as amused about. 0.2% drop rate. I know this achievement has got to be kinda hard but...seriously? There's a 0.2% chance I'll complete this achievement every week.

I think we should have the green drake for the main flights. Red. Blue. Bronze. Black. Albino. Perhaps. Infinite drake? Albino. Azure. Blue. Bronze. Black. Red. Green. Twilight. Perhaps the netherwing. Not Onyxian drake. She's a black drake, not an entire line of dragons entirely. She's one dragon. Surely it should be onyxian or black drake. They're from the same flight.

Please don't add the purple proto drake to the achievement...I'm still delaying getting that mount, bleh. Green or red proto, I think. Having the blazing drake isn't that bad. It's a gorgeous mount, to me, and if I get one it'll have a place on my bars. It'll just annoy me it's little button will show a bronze drake not a blazing one. It's like that with the albino and the blue. Albino had the blue face and the blue has the azure. And the black. It also has the twilights face..
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I say 'Don't add the proto drakes at all'. This achievement is for *classic* drakes. And proto drakes are not classic drakes. I would sooner see a Blazing kept in than exchange it for *any* proto drake.

Again, though, I would much rather remove the drakes that don't have a link to the 'classic flights', my own self. But Sandstone was even further removed from them, so I'm happy with them getting rid of that one.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

SpiritBinder wrote:Well I guess the poll has still been honored in a way of sorts, the Red Drake and the Netherwing both require rep grinds to obtain them (though it did say a WoD Faction in the poll options from memory.... so meh) I think this Drake meta was suggested by Bendak in a tweet, and got a pretty good response, and probably why it's currently being proposed as an achievement requirement.

I'm just very VERY happy it did not end up on the BMAH, that would have been the worst case scenario imo. I'd be glad that the model was finally in game, but still it would be my least favorite way to achieve it.
Oooooh so thats why it changed. I remember seeing someone point out to LeCraft on twitter that Bendak had a suggestion and LeCraft liked it, but I never could find the suggestion itself... so this is it! Thats great though, the achievement is much more interesting to me than the poll option anyway, and as you mentioned, the achievement includes a lot of the poll options in spirit. I am thinking though that they intentionally want some of the harder to get rare drop raid drakes on there. I only have Blazing to farm and it sucks enough, I can't imagine those who have to do the majority. Oh well, something to grind toward I guess!

I'm glad its not on BMAH too. Invincible popped up on mine recently and it was nearing cap long before it was over.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Yeah. I don't even bother looking at BMAH any more. Since I'm not a gold buyer, any mounts on there are pretty much guaranteed to go to those who are. I make good gold, but not enough to keep up with those. So whatever is 'only on the BMAH' may as well not be available to me at all.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

SpiritBinder wrote:
Quivering wrote: award an Infinite Drake mount :D
There is currently no infinite drake mount model in the game, they would have to make one if they were to ever implement it.

Also these are the relevant related tweets at the moment answering questions regarding the topic.

As long as DS can be soloed (which according to this it can yay!!) I don't think the blazing drake should be a drama to get. I mean you can argue low drop rates but isn't the Onyxian even lower?? The sandstone was never a sticking point to me but meh the netherdrakes were never that hard to get anyway. It should require some decent effort to get and the 4 drop mounts are a good way to do that imo.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~