Its Gone....

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Sabrewulff

Its Gone....

Unread post by Sabrewulff »

The thrill of the hunt....
Its gone with all these instant respawn rares.
Don't get me wrong i thinks its great that they made a spirit beast that everyone can get and is easy to tame, but not putting in any rare spirit beast spawns ( that are actual rare spawns ) takes away a lot of the fun that is involved in being a hunter. Remember that feeling you would get when you are lucky enough to find that rare spawn that's very few hunters have? and then being able to tame that rare special skinned beast and knowing your pet ( at least for the time being ) is unique to a lot of the other pets out there... Blizzard has robbed us of that.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Its Gone....

Unread post by Vephriel »

This is always a very opinionated subject, so I'm not sure I can speak much on it as I feel differently than you do. For myself I don't mind since I've never been much of a rare hunter, there have been a couple individuals I went after but for the most part their rarity wasn't a factor.

I think they try something new with every expansion, and I think it's really cool that we always get something interesting to look forward to for hunter tames. There are the original rares from Vanilla/BC that had moderate to long spawn times but were usually only in one spot. Then Wrath came with the super long timers and multiple spawn locations. Cata had the challenge tames, MoP built upon the subject with the tracking mechanic, and now we get a really neat quest chain that's reminiscent of the old class quests.

I don't personally have a problem with the new rares, and even if we don't have many unique tames yet we might still see more down the line, it's only the beginning of the expansion. I just really like how they keep adding more creative ways to tame rather than relying solely on a long timer feature.
Sabrewulff

Yea but the hunt/challenge is gone. This is just like if they came out with a new raid/dungeon and all that was in there was a vendor that just handed you loot... where is the fun? where is the challenge? Let me correct you on the wrath spawn times those where nothing, you want long spawn timers try vanilla NOW those where long spawn timers. The only new thing that was added was challenge tames and those are fine, hell even with the challenge tames the spawns on them where still considered rare. In this new one they did nothing new or fun they just made anything and everything easily obtainable and that sucks the fun out of getting any of the new pets.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

The original Vanilla spawns were ridiculous, yes, but most of them were altered in the Cata revamp to be...a bit less insane, haha. Anyways, to each their own of course, I just feel it's still early and they've had a history of adding new hunter tames later in expansion patches so you never know what we'll see. :)
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I've only played hunter since vanilla, and have never been particularly fond of "the hunt" for rares. I choose a pet because it speaks to me not because I spent hours and hours camping it, or hunting for it. But that's me. So obviously hunters come in all different shapes and sizes and interests.

For example, the pet I'm most excited about with WoD is an absolutely common and almost banal pet, but he and I have bonded and I can't imagine life without him now (the silver crab from the beach in Shadowmoon Valley).

Unlike so many others here, I am not particularly excited about any of the new pet classes. That's just me, and I won't begrudge anyone their passion.

I'm sorry the thrill is seemingly gone for you.. maybe you'll find something else to bring that electricity to the game for you?

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I've never ever been fond of 'the hunt'. I do not enjoy losing sleep when camping rares. I do not enjoy sitting and staring at a screen for hours on end. I love the new system and hope its here to stay.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Junrei wrote:I've never ever been fond of 'the hunt'. I do not enjoy losing sleep when camping rares. I do not enjoy sitting and staring at a screen for hours on end. I love the new system and hope its here to stay.

I gotta go with this. I also love the new thing where if a beast is being tamed, you get a message saying 'that is already being tamed'. On a PvE server (or when dealing with your own faction), part of 'the challenge' was hoping some wanker didn't roll up and smash the rare out of spite, ignorance or because 'they hate hunters*'. And there's literally nothing you can do about those things, even if you glyph tame beast, etc.

I'm still a bit froot loops from having to sit weeks on end in Sholazar Basin because people would camp the rares there for the achieve and the taming. Fly-bys wouldn't have worked since there were often people parked already.

To me, the thrill of the hunt is bumping into a pet I want and being able to tame it. I adored the Gara quest and I think the MoP tracked rares were a bunch of fun that left guilt-free treasure dropping rares to the rare hunters.

*Saw it in general chat. Lovely fellow, that one. He was trying to kill Sambas a bunch.

Edit: Don't get me wrong - there is a big rush getting a long sought after rare, but it's not really worth it to me.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Sabrewulff

Its just become a whole hand handout for hunters when it comes to pets and it takes away the uniqueness and fun out of getting that cool new pet that not to many people have. Now its like oh hay a cool looken pet....that everyone and there brothers has....oh joy
Junrei wrote:I've never ever been fond of 'the hunt'. I do not enjoy losing sleep when camping rares. I do not enjoy sitting and staring at a screen for hours on end. I love the new system and hope its here to stay.

Its not even close to being about that ( if you want to farm a pet that is cool, i got nothing agenst a dedicated hunter ) its about you questing in an area and seeing this rare unique pet and being lucky enough to tame it, blizzard has taken that away from hunters now.
Last edited by Sabrewulff on Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I agree.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'm that sort of person that couldn't care less. Everyone and their mother has Loque'nahak and Skoll too and that was a painful camp so the camp doesn't make it unique at all. If anything, the uniqueness comes from how you view the pet. My pets are all unique to me and have their own story no matter if the mob is just a common mob or a rare spawn.

LisaaraPokefarm

Sabrewulff

It took 2 years for everyone to get Loque'nahak and Skoll and that's only because after the exp they where not farmed as much. The camp was only a painful if you made it that way, when those 2 spawns first came out they where very unique indeed.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Actually it didn't take two years for me...let alone a lot of people. It took two weeks for my first Loque. After that, it took even less time for my 4 other alts.....it took merely hours. Even today he's still heavily camped for achievements, pets, and transmog.

and seeing others have loque or skoll or something I had never made me sour. I'm happy others get their tames. Heck, I rehomed Gondria a good fifty times cause I always found her and I loved seeing another hunter's day made.

LisaaraPokefarm

Sabrewulff

yea i never said anything about being sour over seeing a pet don't know where that came from. There where a lot of people who dint care about it so they never got it. The thrill is gone because as soon as you tame a rare its back up 30 sec later. I saw a flood of forums of people on here who where so happy because they tamed there Trigore the Lasher and that was awesome it got people on here talking about there stories of taming it and helping others out so they could be there when he spawns, now with all these new rares that's gone
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Gotta say, my opinion of the whole thing is pretty much "GOOD RIDDANCE." Never was a big fan of long, agonizing camps. I don't bond to pets via rarity- it's just how the pet looks with my hunter. And camping for a week for a rare only to abandon it because it looks yech? Not my thing, no, not at all.

Of course, it's an opinion thing. Some people will love it, some will hate it! But I always hated long camps like that. So I'm happy.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Pets aren't unique? There's over 100 different pets you can get, with around 50 of those being cats...
If you don't want to have a pet that loads of people want that's fine. Loque is still around, of course. No one is making you use Gara, or another instant respawn rare.

I say goodbye to those long spawn timers...I've got better things to do, rather than stare at a bunch of pixels, waiting for a shiny bunch of pixels to pop up. I think that it doesn't matter if loads of people have Gara. There's a load of other pets I can pull out if I want to feel special from the rest. I just go with what looks nice. If it's common, I don't really care, as long as it's cute. And not attacking my hunter :)
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Sabrewulff wrote:yea i never said anything about being sour over seeing a pet don't know where that came from. There where a lot of people who dint care about it so they never got it. The thrill is gone because as soon as you tame a rare its back up 30 sec later. I saw a flood of forums of people on here who where so happy because they tamed there Trigore the Lasher and that was awesome it got people on here talking about there stories of taming it and helping others out so they could be there when he spawns, now with all these new rares that's gone
One thing you're forgetting....the griefing, above all, is also gone. I do not miss that at all. If you read the entire thread, you'll hear more negativity than positivity. So many stories behind Trigore where hunters were fighting each other, other people, or even their own selves to not interrupt another hunter when their prize was in sight.

There are plenty of challenges out there, not all hunter class specific, but one thing you have to remember is there are others out there that can't do those same things you like to do. You have to adapt to what Blizz deems the majority and what is best for the game. I'm gonna assume they do like rare challenges but not so much for hunter tames. Hunters have been asking for less camps and more questlines(hence Gara).

I'm also with Lupis. Good riddance to long camps because I never liked them. I'm that person that camped Maddex...every single color....whom has a spawn timer of 6 - 24 hrs....and spawned in random colors. I'm that person that camped TLPD for 6 months nonstop only to have a guy that had the TLPD(a fellow hunter mind you) swoop down and take it when he finally spawned and camped for every spirit beast atleast once. I've got a lot of camping under my belt and it's safe to say...I hated every second of it. For me, a camp doesn't make me bond with the pet. It's the meaning I put into the pet myself, the story I create that makes me bond with it.

LisaaraPokefarm

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Everyone is hating on camping and AFKing of Vanilla-Cata hunter rares.
What about the MoP rares? I thought those were done wonderfully, it really brought immersion to tracking and hunting down a rare beast rather than sitting in a spot with NPCscan open for hours. They also respawned every, what, 30 minutes to 2 hours?

If you weren't able to get one of the MoP rares within two or three weeks of release, you must have been playing on the most popular server in the world.

My favorite style of taming would be something like a combination of the MoP tracking system and a challenge tame. Maybe there could even be something that phases you and the rare pet out as soon as it's aggroed to prevent others from interfering, sort of like the Grey Camel Statue does in Uldum. Then there would be a unique challenge to overcome like with Deth'Tilac or Ban'Thalos or any of the others.
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

I would like to see more tracking tames, gotta say! Those were fun, even if none of the pets really stood out to me in MoP. Challenge tames aren't really my thing, though, they stress me out something MAJOR and I don't really like it. But I do appreciate them being included as an option!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

The tracking tames were fun and had a short respawn to boot! I'd love to have more of those. I got my hopes up when I saw tracks on my druid on Frostfire but it wasn't a hunter pet. XD It was a gronn or orgeling or something.

LisaaraPokefarm

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I heartily disliked the tracking tames, for one simple reason: I'm colourblind and could never see the tracks.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.