Page 1 of 1

Nanowrimo WoW Holiday?

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:36 pm
by Pawtrack
So, I had an idea for a Nanowrimo holiday in WoW and think it'd be really fun. Basicly you could buy paper to write on and trade you stories to other players, as well as do daily quests to kill mobs for leather and feather to use as parchment/quills. You could also buy scrolls and books, and there would be tittles awarded - like "SoAndSo the Librarian" or "Poet SoAndSo" and maybe even little bookworm mini-pets. :)

This is my suggestion on the WoW forums: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 47&sid=1#0. Bump if you like the idea! :D

(And yes, I usually post on my war, Bravecow, on the forums.)

So what do you guys think? I think it could be really fun! :D

Re: Nanowrimo WoW Holiday?

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:50 pm
by cowmuflage
Whats a Nanowrimo? o.O

Re: Nanowrimo WoW Holiday?

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:56 pm
by Pawtrack
National writing month :P

Re: Nanowrimo WoW Holiday?

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:05 pm
by cowmuflage
Never heard of it sorry XD guess we don't do it here.

Re: Nanowrimo WoW Holiday?

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:06 pm
by VelkynKarma
National NOVEL Writing Month :D It's not really an official holiday per se, more of an internet-spawned challenge to write a 50K novel in the span of one month, starting November 1st.

I like the idea, but not a lot of people have heard of NaNoWriMo, so I dunno if it'd get its way into WoW. I participated for the first time last year myself (didn't win, but it was still fun!)

Which reminds me, I should start thinking about my idea for this year....

~VelkynKarma

Re: Nanowrimo WoW Holiday?

Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:59 am
by Ryai
tbh I think we have more than enough holidays ingame as it is. But tbh it would make a good out of game event, IE set it up for here and a bit laxer time limits, as it wouldn't really be a competition. Like; write about your experiences in wow or one of your toons or something like that, or hell could even make an 'original' story out of it like LFG is a cross of wow/D&D and other such MMO/fantasy.