Vanilla WoW hunter pet list?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Vanilla WoW hunter pet list?

Unread post by Qinni »

I wanted to know if anyone still knew about a list of very old very vanilla WoW pets? Specifically patch 1.12.1? Rare and normal hunter tames that aren't in new Azeroth.
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Vanilla WoW hunter pet list?

Unread post by Wassa »

I found a full list by pet attack speed here: http://web.archive.org/web/200611122305 ... speeds.php

There was also special pets like Lupos did shadow damage for his melee attack instead of physical damage, some pets had natural resists (Searing Roc had 240 fire resist, Snarler had 100 of each resist, etc), and some pets had very fast or very slow run speeds (Frostwolf in AV could run down epic mounts). There was also pets with glitched skins/models, like Gretheer, a spider that tamed in the spider family but had a tallstrider skin.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Qinni »

Thanks Wassa! Your a big help :D
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

That's a pretty cool find. Also, hi Wassa! long time no see :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Dang, I remember preparing for a long camp to try to tame Broken Tooth, then coming across him while I was setting up in a location where I could Eagle Eye his spawn points. He was a must-have for PvP. That 1.0 attack speed wreaked hell on casters back when pushback was a thing. I tamed Lupos fully expecting his shadow damage to be removed. It was nice while it lasted, though. Takk the Leaper was another popular PvP pet since he could outrun even epic mounts.
In some ways I miss unique and special pets like that, though I sure don't miss most of the other aspects of pets back then.
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Wain wrote:That's a pretty cool find. Also, hi Wassa! long time no see :)
Hey Wain! I still lurk here often but rarely log in and post.

*fades back into the shadows*

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Qinni »

Is a darn same bears didn't keep that cool "chill claw" attack that the wild ones did. Showed this old list to my boyfriend and he went threw some memory trips. His favorite seems to have been Deathmaw thought I have no clue what he had back then in the day. Maybe it was his attack speed?

Oh yea look what I found too: http://web.archive.org/web/200704260620 ... ndex.shtml

Old petopia!
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

O.o wow!!! That's a blast from the past!!!!!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

Haha omg Ye Olde Petopia! I spent so much time looking up where to find the old pet skills. I remember having to beg my guild to help me get the last Bite skill (Bite 5?) in one of the Black Rock Mountain instances, reminding them over and over not to kill the worg I had to tame in order to learn it. I kind of miss some of the harder old school things we had to do, but that's probably rose tinted glasses.
johnseddy

Unread post by johnseddy »

Sorry for posting in a very very old thread, because here all old members are participated so maybe I get my question answer quickly.

I just recently start playing thismini militia apk game and I have Rugged scorpion which is quite slow, so I want to know some tips which scorpion or any other pet's is useful for me to get a tight hold in game as a newbie? thanks!

Edit: Thanks I have found what I am looking for!