BlizzGC Live Stream - Expansion Announcement!

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Re: BlizzGC Live Stream - Expansion Announcement!

Unread post by Arthur »

I'm really excited! Artifacts seem really cool, and I bet demon hunters will be fun to play.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

It streamed on Twitch, so my boyfriend turned it on XBoxOne.

I'm sad that there's no new races, but I'm pretty interested in Demon Hunter. Gotta get used to playing melee again.
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

Reserved the name "Felf" for a Demon Hunter. Had it for a low-level demo lock previously.

Over-all, this expansion looks great to me! Hope it stays that way. :D
Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Yaone »

I have to say, honestly here. Since Cata I've been "Ok cool" with expansion releases. I am actually excited for this one, really. I love Elven lore, the idea of demon hunters, and wanted to see the old zones I had only read about in books. I just hope I can be patient long enough :P

EDIT: AND THE MOOSE!
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

With all the Class/Spec identity becoming a focus, coming from a mount perspective (surprise surprise) it would be SO amazing if they added class mounts for every class and evened it out for everyone that's not a Paladin/Warlock/Death knight. Would be so easy to implement now with a class halls.

Also if warlocks/ some orginal Paladin/death Knights complained about low Rez Mounts, they could always upgrade and replace their current ones?

Always had little fantasies/ideas about the amazing new class mounts they could add :)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

SpiritBinder wrote:With all the Class/Spec identity becoming a focus, coming from a mount perspective (surprise surprise) it would be SO amazing if they added class mounts for every class and evened it out for everyone that's not a Paladin/Warlock/Death knight. Would be so easy to implement now with a class halls.
Also if warlocks/ some orginal Paladin/death Knights complained about low Rez Mounts, they could always upgrade and replace their current ones?
Always had little fantasies/ideas about the amazing new class mounts they could add :)
I would LOVE to see that happen :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I'd gladly take some badass Moose or bear with a quiver, hides and skulls tied to it's saddle for hunter :D

Something similar to this from MMO-c.

/swoon

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Bangeall
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Doomhammer EU

Unread post by Bangeall »

Hell. Yes.

I'm so excited for this! I'm a smidgeon disappointed that the new class isn't ranged, but Demon Hunters! Can't wait.

The lore for this expansion looks so interesting. Hopefully there'll be plenty of Nelf lore. I'm also really curious about what they are going to do with Genn. Were those Vykrul in the trailer? I love Vykrul!
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Looking at all the DH artwork too, the armor all looks very "mail"ish which would makes sence, as it was certainly next in line to be shared as an armor class. Means that hunters and shaman will have access to DH off set bits for transmog purposes too! Yippee!! :D

­
­
­
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

SpiritBinder wrote:Looking at all the DH artwork too, the armor all looks very "mail"ish which would makes sence, as it was certainly next in line to be shared as an armor class. Means that hunters and shaman will have access to DH off set bits for transmog purposes too! Yippee!! :D
Hate to break it to you, but they're Leather-wearers. :( (Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/class/demon-hunter)
Most likely due to lack of Mail tank gear. It bugs me too.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Well, at least leather armor will have some neat transmog opportunities for DHs. And as a hunter I don't have to roll against more people shh

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I think the DH look nice but some others have said they are kinda lazy design wise - grab a elf and stick horns on it and walah! And to a degree I kinda agree with them. I'll probably try one out but I suck at melee lol. But i reserve ultimate judgement until i see beta/live stuff :)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Castile wrote:I think the DH look nice but some others have said they are kinda lazy design wise - grab a elf and stick horns on it and walah! And to a degree I kinda agree with them. I'll probably try one out but I suck at melee lol. But i reserve ultimate judgement until i see beta/live stuff :)
They are stuck with a particular look for Demon Hunters. They have heavily modified models though, and I think they modify the player's appearance much more than our only other hero class, the Death Knight, does.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

They have multiple skin colors and skin textures, customizable tattoos, multiple horn styles, unique hair colors (Can non-demon hunter NEs get that black hair too please?) and they have their demon form too. I think they look pretty badass myself :P I'm not big on melee but I'll definitely try one out.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

SpiritBinder wrote:With all the Class/Spec identity becoming a focus, coming from a mount perspective (surprise surprise) it would be SO amazing if they added class mounts for every class and evened it out for everyone that's not a Paladin/Warlock/Death knight. Would be so easy to implement now with a class halls.

Yaaaaas. Totally with you.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Junrei wrote:

Yaaaaas. Totally with you.
Curious though-if this were to happen, would druids, and even shamans for that matter, get a mount as well or would their travel forms be considered mounts?
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'd love for both?

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

This all day long this this THISSSSS

Whatever mount they ended up giving hunters, part of the quest chain to unlock it could involve us "taming" it or something. I'd love it!
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Shade wrote: Curious though-if this were to happen, would druids, and even shamans for that matter, get a mount as well or would their travel forms be considered mounts?
I would say most definitely. As with all worgens running wild, Druid and Shaman forms do not add to ones personal mount count but the other class mounts do. So it would essentially mean 2 mounts (potentially and ground and flying) for each other class. (Akin to death knights)

The only hiccup that I could foresee would be Paladins and warlocks as they would endup with 2 ground mounts. Though if they did upgrade these, a flying dreadsteed/pegasus charger mounts could be suitable additions/replacements, but only not sure about flying Elleks and Kodo :lol:

­
­
­
HunterFTW
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: muridain

Unread post by HunterFTW »

Ok so after my hunter challenge I disided to finally try to lvl up other classes. DPS specs only though. And now all this stuff for the next expansion comes out....I made a good choice in lvling other classes now. DAME FROSTMOURNE FOR FROST DKs!!!!!!!!!! and that's currently my fav right now. I wonder what the Fury Warrior artifact will be?