Thas’dorah, Legacy of the Windrunners

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Torachi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg, Ysera, Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Thas’dorah, Legacy of the Windrunners

Unread post by Torachi »

Thank god we'll be able to transmog them into something else... I know the artifacts themselves will be at least slightly customizable, but I switch up Tor's weapon transmog every few weeks or so. I'd go nuts being stuck with one basic look for good. I'm still pretty skeptical over the whole artifact idea in the first place, but I'm willing to give it a chance.

GM of <Darkness Dawning>
Casual Gaming - LGBT Friendly - Furry Friendly
VICTORY!
(Signature made by me)

Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

I think it'd be a bit easier to swallow if they had some other weapon models in the expansion along side them. In case you didn't like the look of the artifact. You wouldn't just be stuck using 'old' looks.

They need to toss us some other options.

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Like I said before. Glad we don't have weapon drops. They suck.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:I think it'd be a bit easier to swallow if they had some other weapon models in the expansion along side them. In case you didn't like the look of the artifact. You wouldn't just be stuck using 'old' looks.
They need to toss us some other options.
There's always transmog, but I assume you mean brand new looks.

They must be designing new weapons anyway, as the NPCs will need them, so I hope we can still get them as green drops. Even if we aren't inclined to transmog now, it would be great for the future. Otherwise there'd be a whole expansion-worth of weapon art we could never access.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

I hope if we respec we can get the other artifacts, and transmog between them. So if someone do not like the look of the artifact gun, they can transmog it to look like the artifact bow.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

SetsunaChan wrote:
ehrinlove wrote:they had better include a 'bow' version in the BM gun... I literally can't use guns, the noise bothers me so much they are unplayable for me, and I wan't my damn pet out, I hate LW have since it was announced it makes no sense that BM would get a gun and MM a bow, MM should be given the gun and the bow should go to BM, guns are loud and liable to startle pets if this were reality, so lets give it to the pet master? thats smart
Blizz has stated you can Transmog the artifact weapons into other weapons. So you can turn the bm gun into a bow/X-bow if you want to.

At least there's that, at least we can transmog the gun (since it seems BM gonna be stuck with it). But I hope I can transmog it to one of the other spec's artifact (cause please yes, bow) but I'm doubting that'll happen. XD

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Rikaku wrote:At least there's that, at least we can transmog the gun (since it seems BM gonna be stuck with it). But I hope I can transmog it to one of the other spec's artifact (cause please yes, bow) but I'm doubting that'll happen. XD
Unfortunately they have said that while we can mog a look over the Artifact, we cannot mog the look of an Artifact onto something else. One way mog, if you will. Unless they change it of course. Mogging one Artifact onto another seems like a decent idea. Maybe, idk, have to think on it.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Quivering wrote:
Rikaku wrote:At least there's that, at least we can transmog the gun (since it seems BM gonna be stuck with it). But I hope I can transmog it to one of the other spec's artifact (cause please yes, bow) but I'm doubting that'll happen. XD
Unfortunately they have said that while we can mog a look over the Artifact, we cannot mog the look of an Artifact onto something else. One way mog, if you will. Unless they change it of course. Mogging one Artifact onto another seems like a decent idea. Maybe, idk, have to think on it.
Decent? Is the best idea ever. Will shut up qqs.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

So apparently this weapon was Sylvanas' before she was killed by Arthas.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Arthur »

Glad it's for MM then. I wouldn't want to touch anything to do with her. lol. J/k.

I'm just curious as to why they didn't make a crossbow for one of the specs. I guess it would have been survival had they not moved towards melee with them.

The bow is very pretty though.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

pop wrote:So apparently this weapon was Sylvanas' before she was killed by Arthas.
Isn't that going to be awkward if you go to speak to her?
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Arthur »

It could be like in when you do Well of Eternity, with Warglaives, and Illidan notices. But that's just a silly easter egg I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLJmhjrlV1M

She might be a bit more angry about it, though.

Also, This.. might be off topic but that comment made me think of this post I saw last night. (Langauge warning)
http://36.media.tumblr.com/0bd104df6a44 ... 1_1280.png

(Sorry for kind of butting in.. /// Haha..)

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

pop wrote:So apparently this weapon was Sylvanas' before she was killed by Arthas.
Thought it was Alleria's?
Account has been closed at user's request.
Nimrod
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU - Ghostlands

Unread post by Nimrod »

Slickrock wrote:
Says "Infamous Ranger-General", so either Sylvanas or Vereesa. Alleria was never Ranger-General, "only" Ranger-Captain.

Slickrock

Nímrod wrote:Says "Infamous Ranger-General", so either Sylvanas or Vereesa. Alleria was never Ranger-General, "only" Ranger-Captain.
Elves and there titles... (wanders off and mutters something in dwarvish while looking for some gunpowder...)
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Nímrod wrote:
Slickrock wrote:
Says "Infamous Ranger-General", so either Sylvanas or Vereesa. Alleria was never Ranger-General, "only" Ranger-Captain.
But only one of them is 'infamous'.
Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

Assuming I feel comfortable enough with Legion to actually buy it...Tahlian will definitely be transmogging over that gun - probably to his trusty Wolfslayer Sniper Rifle. Tahl can't stand Nesingwary...in his opinion, that dwarf is a walking extinction event. So he definitely won't be using "that gun."

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Slickrock

I don't have as much of a problem with Nessingwary as much as I have a problem with them trying to dredge up a "artifact" gun. There's nothing I can think of from the game or in lore that would suggest an artifact gun. That's the core problem with this artifact system lore-wise, there's not enough content to cover all 35 artifacts.

If I was going to make an artifact gun, it would be crafted by engineering from Titan technology.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Slickrock wrote:I don't have as much of a problem with Nessingwary as much as I have a problem with them trying to dredge up a "artifact" gun. There's nothing I can think of from the game or in lore that would suggest an artifact gun. That's the core problem with this artifact system lore-wise, there's not enough content to cover all 35 artifacts.
If I was going to make an artifact gun, it would be crafted by engineering from Titan technology.
Agreed. Though it could be something ancient that was passed down through the Dwarves, and could even have made it into Hemet's hands. But I think it would be a better story if it did look like ancient technology and not a gun made in the 1800s. It doesn't feel legendary to me, just rustic.

If Nesingwary is involved then I hope it's only because he happens to be the current owner of the weapon, and they don't try to make out that the gun is legendary because it's his. I think he's been pretty much a repeat joke character at most, not a character of lore. Not that I don't appreciate it, just that I don't think he's presented as anything particularly serious. I've never gotten the impression that players think otherwise.
Slickrock

Wain wrote:
Slickrock wrote:I don't have as much of a problem with Nessingwary as much as I have a problem with them trying to dredge up a "artifact" gun. There's nothing I can think of from the game or in lore that would suggest an artifact gun. That's the core problem with this artifact system lore-wise, there's not enough content to cover all 35 artifacts.
Agreed. Though it could be something ancient that was passed down through the Dwarves, and could even have made it into Hemet's hands. But I think it would be a better story if it did look like ancient technology and not a gun made in the 1800s. It doesn't feel legendary to me, just rustic.

If Nesingwary is involved then I hope it's only because he happens to be the current owner of the weapon, and they don't try to make out that the gun is legendary because it's his. I think he's been pretty much a repeat joke character at most, not a character of lore. Not that I don't appreciate it, just that I don't think he's presented as anything particularly serious. I've never gotten the impression that players revere him and his story.
Agree on all counts. If anything.. for an artifact.. if not Titan/Dwarvish, then something of ancient Troll lineage. Which the artwork they showed looked more trollish than dwarvish.

I'd rather have the bow as BM than use another twigs+spikes+horns gun.

And I'm going to be really dissapointed if one of the big features of the expac, customizing the look of the weapon, is something I skip due to a lame weapon model.