Page 1 of 1
D'aww!!! New Baby Bears!!
Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:15 am
by Nevar
So questin on my baby night elf priest and I had the quest to kill the plagued Den mother as she is giving birth to sick bears in Auberdine etc etc. Many people know that she has 4 cubs with her which used to be just mini versions of normal bears and tamable if I remember correctly. I looked at them now and they have the new baby bear mini pet skin! Ignore the dead mommy in the pic's I had to kill her but the babies I had to SS as they are too cute. Also am checking if they are tamable as we speak!
Edit - Cannot be tamed

This made me sad... I loved the little brown 1 so so much however they are still adorable!
Re: D'aww!!! New baby bears!!
Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:16 am
by Aleu
...You killed the mommy. ;~; Poor cubbies.
But they are adorable. XD
Re: D'aww!!! New Baby Bears!!
Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:19 am
by Nevar
You has to kill the mommy sadly

Shes been driven mad and stuff
Re: D'aww!!! New Baby Bears!!
Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:02 am
by Mania
I wondered where those bear cub models were used! They are more realistic than the baby polar bears in Dragonblight, but to my eyes much cuter.
Re: D'aww!!! New Baby Bears!!
Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:53 am
by Tyuriwen
Yeah, I noticed that taming the Den Mother on my baby Hunter. =3 I love the brown ones especially, they should at least make them into pets!!
Re: D'aww!!! New Baby Bears!!
Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:10 am
by Fael
That second screenshot plays out a scene for me: Little cub trying to make mom get up, other one growling at you.. not sure about the one in the back, probably terrified. D'aawww...
Re: D'aww!!! New Baby Bears!!
Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:13 am
by Teigan
I wish they were tameable so you could "save" one!
Re: D'aww!!! New Baby Bears!!
Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:03 pm
by Vephriel
Oh, neat find! I haven't done that quest in years or even been over to that area. Too bad they aren't tameable though. x) They look much better than just a miniature regular bear, that's for sure.
Hmm, I wonder if those bear cubs that were up by the Ironforge Airport with a mother are still just mini normal models or if they may have been swapped with a cub model. >.>
Re: D'aww!!! New Baby Bears!!
Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:14 pm
by Dewclaw
Poor little cubbies with no mama bear now.
They are very cute.
Re: D'aww!!! New Baby Bears!!
Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:56 pm
by Nevar
Ikno! I want 1 so badly badly and /facepalm - do the quest the night elf that has you chill her explains why you have too and it breaks his heart to do it but she is breeding rabid bears and infecting nature itself.
Re: D'aww!!! New Baby Bears!!
Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:59 am
by Kalliope
I know where the model's from.
This guy.
And yes, they are VERY adorable!!!
Re: D'aww!!! New Baby Bears!!
Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:04 pm
by Sarayana
Kalliope wrote:I know where the model's from.
This guy.
And yes, they are VERY adorable!!!
I was gonna say that! They're recolourings of the minipet.

Very, very cute. I hope they're going to make the polar bear cubs in Northrend the same model.
Re: D'aww!!! New Baby Bears!!
Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:11 pm
by Vephriel
I was up in the Ironforge Airport today and took a look at the family of bears there. Unfortunately the Young Black Bears were still just the regular models and not the cub ones. It would have been an exciting find if they had somehow been changed. Ah well.
Re: D'aww!!! New Baby Bears!!
Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:21 pm
by Gimlion
Y'know... I AM a dwarf... yet I never learned how nor really tried to get onto the IF airport... If I may Veph... how?
And might I add, your avatar is very neat. If you drew it, very nice job!

Re: D'aww!!! New Baby Bears!!
Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:00 pm
by Nick
Yeah, I noticed that leveling a druid recently.
I thought they always looked like that.
e-e