Pet model images for Legion

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Re: Pet model images for Legion

Unread post by Bambu »

Kurasu wrote:The good news: the rocket chicken model *does* exist in the game. In the goblin starting area
Darn. I was checking that one every build on a Goblin I made on Alpha, bummed to see it's still untameable. :/
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I highly doubt it would become tamable. That would make it Goblin-only. If they did it that way, they'd have to add a Rocket Chicken somewhere in the world where everyone else could get to them.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Valnaaros wrote:I highly doubt it would become tamable. That would make it Goblin-only. If they did it that way, they'd have to add a Rocket Chicken somewhere in the world where everyone else could get to them.
That's actually why I was hoping it was tameable: it would raise the possibility/likelihood of a tameable rocket chicken elsewhere. ;)
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

With the other does becoming tameable, perhaps adding the spotted Pandaria does to the table of 'non-tameable stags' might not be a bad idea? They still aren't tameable, but Beast Lore says they're stags (or at least that they have a diet that matches the stags they're with).
WhyNotCats909
Realm: Misha, Kul Tiras

Unread post by WhyNotCats909 »

I want that lightning wolf that's supposed to be a Shaman thing. It looks so, so cool... /drool

Also, Cerberus. Yes.
Please don't hug the shiny kitties. The shiny kitties are angry all the time, and I wouldn't want Crazy Red Eyed Kitties to nom your face.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

It's not really a new pet for Legion, but it seems like the Ghostpaw Alpha has some new effects when tamed.

Ghostpaw Alpha is one of the buff pet tames, no longer tameable that way, I believe, but they're white wolves that at a certain percentage of health turn into ghostly versions. You could trick tame it with the ghost form, because if you tamed it normally, it would just return to the white form.

Right now, it seems to have kinda the watery Sha-effect on top of its ghostly appearance. Not sure why or how, but it looks pretty cool to me, and sets it apart from Karoma.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

It keeps the effect when tamed? Since the trick tame doesn't work anymore.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Nachtwulf wrote:It keeps the effect when tamed? Since the trick tame doesn't work anymore.
The trick tame doesn't work anymore, no.

It was more so just to tell owners of it who did trick tame it back in the day that the appearance has changed slightly.

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Qraljar wrote:It's not really a new pet for Legion, but it seems like the Ghostpaw Alpha has some new effects when tamed.

Ghostpaw Alpha is one of the buff pet tames, no longer tameable that way, I believe, but they're white wolves that at a certain percentage of health turn into ghostly versions. You could trick tame it with the ghost form, because if you tamed it normally, it would just return to the white form.

Right now, it seems to have kinda the watery Sha-effect on top of its ghostly appearance. Not sure why or how, but it looks pretty cool to me, and sets it apart from Karoma.

I decided to check my ghost wolf (Grimtotem Spirit Guide) just in case anything similar changed on him. His image remains the same.

But could you show a picture sometime? I'm just really curious to see how the Ghostpaw's look now, since I personally don't have one and don't know any hunters who do on my server XD So curious!

Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Rikaku wrote:
Qraljar wrote:It's not really a new pet for Legion, but it seems like the Ghostpaw Alpha has some new effects when tamed.

I decided to check my ghost wolf (Grimtotem Spirit Guide) just in case anything similar changed on him. His image remains the same.

But could you show a picture sometime? I'm just really curious to see how the Ghostpaw's look now, since I personally don't have one and don't know any hunters who do on my server XD So curious!
Yeah. I only mentioned it so someone else might do a better job than me at it, but:

http://i.imgur.com/qFmAgPN.mp4

Personally, I think it's a lot less striking because all its colours are faded due to the increased transparency.

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

Check the ones in the wild as well. See if they have the same effect going on?