Page 1 of 1

Wasp Pictures?

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:46 pm
by VelkynKarma
So I just tamed one of those nice blue wasps from Sholazar Basin (and named him Malcolm, for anybody who gets the reference, hehe). I like him well enough--he's a bit big, but I don't think I'd ever run instances with him, just solo for fun and grind leather.

But I did notice one thing. When I open my character panel and look under the pets tab, I can't see his 3D model/picture! Is this the same for everyone else, or is it just a glitch?

~VelkynKarma

Re: Wasp Pictures?

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:48 pm
by rubybeam
it happened to me to i think it's because of the size of the wasp

Re: Wasp Pictures?

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:23 am
by Saturo
That particular model is bugged, that's the reason for his size too.

Re: Wasp Pictures?

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:47 am
by Anansi
saturo wrote:That particular model is bugged
Har har! :lol:

It's the same with mine. His model doesn't show up in the pet window and he is a bit on the large side.
At first I grabbed one of the Hive Drones, the light blue ones, and they shrink to normal size, but the light blue with red polka dot wings just didn't really do it for me. So the purple/black one was the only other way to go. The Outland Wasps are not as well designed and rest of the "Wasps" aren't tameable (I want this guy so bad) so oversized novelty Wasp is the only choice.

I like his buzzing though, it's soothing.

Re: Wasp Pictures?

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:10 am
by Karathyriel
Anansi wrote:I want this guy so bad
:shock: Wow, I never saw that one before... a real beauty!

Re: Wasp Pictures?

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:17 am
by Ryno
Karathyriel wrote:
Anansi wrote:I want this guy so bad
:shock: Wow, I never saw that one before... a real beauty!
Yeah, a lot of the silithid wasp models in the old world look pretty nice. I guess Blizz just didn't have the time to implement them and said "screw it."

Re: Wasp Pictures?

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:06 pm
by VelkynKarma
Ooh, that white one is pretty.

And okay, as long as I'm not going crazy it's all good XD Yeah, his buzzing is pretty calming. I wish he would emote, but as soon as I figure out how to edit petEmote it'll be all good.

(And re-tame him...I had to ditch him for Loque'Nahak last night XD)

~VelkynKarma

Re: Wasp Pictures?

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:24 pm
by Vephriel
Yeah, I think I remember my own wasp having the problem of being too big for the Stable screen. xD

They really are beautiful though, I love the vibrant blues and purple used on those particular ones.

Re: Wasp Pictures?

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:51 pm
by Ryno
I think the large riding cat models have a similar issue, where you can't see all of them.

Re: Wasp Pictures?

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:44 pm
by Anansi
Ryno wrote: Yeah, a lot of the silithid wasp models in the old world look pretty nice. I guess Blizz just didn't have the time to implement them and said "screw it."
They do. The Silithus Wasps are all really nice looking, it's a shame they never made it into the Tameable Beasts category.
Maybe someday they will change.