MM Getting Pet back - new Alpha build

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Joonces
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring

MM Getting Pet back - new Alpha build

Unread post by Joonces »

If this is already posted, please delete. ;)

Bendak just tweeted it (https://twitter.com/bendakwow/status/710554834609557504) and saw this on the forums from Celestalon:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20742954788
Hey Marksmanship Hunters. Here are a few changes that didn’t make it into today’s build, but we’re planning for a soon upcoming build:
One of the most common points of feedback we’ve heard is that all of the specs are cool on their own, but none of them maintain the existing “Hunter + Ranged Weapon + Single Pet” archetype that people have grown attached to (Survival is now Melee, Marksmanship has lost its pet, and Beast Mastery has added a ton of additional pets).

Marksmanship losing its pet has been one of the most impactful, but contentious changes we’ve made this expansion. We’re going to try returning the pet to Marksmanship, baseline, along with Lone Wolf as a level 15 talent (and very competitively tuned), so that this is a choice again.

Exotic Munitions is being removed, and Black Arrow will be moving down to where it was, since the Lone Wolf + Black Arrow combination proved to be very popular and fun (the newest version of Black Arrow, where the minion reliably spawns and taunts the target, that is).

Keep those in mind for feedback on this build! Thanks!
I'm so happy about this.
Last edited by Joonces on Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: MM Getting Pet back - new Alpha build

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm so thrilled by this news!!!!!!! :D I love that they're giving us a choice again.
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

Very happy! If I'm reading this right, does this mean my Undead MM Hunter can have both his Plaguehound AND summon a Skeleton to taunt? If so, that's super rad!
Joonces
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring

Unread post by Joonces »

I looked at the current talent calculator for Legion -- if it hasn't changed then you would be able to take Black Arrow at Level 45 (other talents on that tier are Explosive Shot and Trick Shot). So, yes, Bambu, it seems like you would be able to have both as it is now.
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

Joonces wrote:I looked at the current talent calculator for Legion -- if it hasn't changed then you would be able to take Black Arrow at Level 45 (other talents on that tier are Explosive Shot and Trick Shot). So, yes, Bambu, it seems like you would be able to have both as it is now.
I'm gonna Dark Ranger it up so hard! :headbang:
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Reason prevailed!
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

!!!! I'm glad petless play won't be forced on marks hunters anymore. :) Major QoL improvement. :D

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Glad to see this change for sure!

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Image To MM getting their pets back.
I'm probably the ONLY one that uses it but I am really bummed exotic munitions is being removed. Image

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Juxia

Unread post by Juxia »

Now this is very interesting news!!

I've not been overjoyed with some of the changes to BM but haven't disliked any of them enough to consider going either melee or pet-less. MM getting their pet back is making me wonder if it's time for a swap, the "hunter + ranged weapon + single pet" archetype is very appealing indeed.

Wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of those lovely bows as well....... ;)
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I'm worried that they'll make it the same as live, with having a pet out being a massive DPS loss. I hate current Marksman because it's so lonely (no pun intended), but I hate even more that having a pet out cripples my damage output. Lone Wolf was a mistake, plain and simple.

Don't botch it, Blizz! Make Hunters fun again!
Kalliope

zedxrgal wrote:Image To MM getting their pets back.
I'm probably the ONLY one that uses it but I am really bummed exotic munitions is being removed. Image
I'm actually a little sad about that because it's one of the abilities I really like using, especially as marks where your pet doesn't need all the boosts.

Maybe that means it's going baseline though. :)

YouTube Edition

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Kalliope wrote:
I'm actually a little sad about that because it's one of the abilities I really like using, especially as marks where your pet doesn't need all the boosts.

Part of my WOD hunter rotation/ability feedback was that Exotic Munitions should be baseline. Its got good flavor, but never struck me as appropriate for a talent. It might require tweaking to make baseline, but I imagine a slightly weaker version is better than no version.
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

I'm glad they finally gave in. I was getting tired of periodically asking for them back. ;)
Aquillian
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Aquillian »

I'm officially hyped for Legion now. Thank you devs for keeping it a choice. I love having petless specs being an option, I have an alt I want to go that route with. But on my main? I've been absolutely dreading making that choice. Now I can keep enjoying the playstyle I love most. So happy.

RIP exotic munitions, I actually really liked that talent. I will take pets over exotic munitions any day though.
Last edited by Aquillian on Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I don't mind either way. I liked the fact that new MM was a big departure from the old but I guess what has attracted most players to the class is having a pet, so maybe it's too late to depart from that without upsetting a lot of people, or at least making the spec unpopular.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kalliope

Wain wrote:I don't mind either way. I liked the fact that new MM was a big departure from the old but I guess what has attracted most players to the class is having a pet, so maybe it's too late to depart from that without upsetting a lot of people, or at least making the spec unpopular.
That's a great way of putting it, Wain! It's true. Hunters in WoW have been THE ranged physical pet class for so long that it's hard for some (most?) of us to see them as anything else.

I still like that rolling with no pet is an option, since I know there were hunters who wanted to play that way for a long time. Maybe surv hunters will get a similar option at some point too. :D Although then it's the problem of MM losing unique options again...hrm.

YouTube Edition

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Quiv wrote:
Kalliope wrote:

Part of my WOD hunter rotation/ability feedback was that Exotic Munitions should be baseline. Its got good flavor, but never struck me as appropriate for a talent. It might require tweaking to make baseline, but I imagine a slightly weaker version is better than no version.
It being a core baseline ability would be wonderful. It just, for me, has been a beneficial talent whether I was solo questing, raiding or in PvP.
Yes please, all the support in it being a core ability.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Zulmalakhan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood

Unread post by Zulmalakhan »

this is awesome, now a hunter really CAN be everything he was supposed to be, dark ranger, axe thrower, spear thrower, marksman, beast master, shadow hunter, the whole nine yards :D, blizzard has really outdone themselves with this expack, they are really listening to the community, now if we could only get skyscreamers and rocs and dreadravens tameable, especially skyscreamers :D
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

This is the best news!! I'm so happy I can keep my pets and favourite spec :)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~