pre patch heirloom for LEGION SURVIVAL HUNTERS

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

pre patch heirloom for LEGION SURVIVAL HUNTERS

Unread post by pop »

Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Re: pre patch heirloom for LEGION SURVIVAL HUNTERS

Unread post by Rawr »

Didn't that used to be one-handed? :mrgreen:

13thmaiden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by 13thmaiden »

Ooooh much nicer than the other one, it was one of those dragon ones with a blade sticking out of it's mouth.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Yeah the dragon one should be the one sent to us if we're SV when pre-patch hits, unless it's sent to all hunters regardless of spec? The heirloom one is bought from the vendors in their respective cities, so we'll have to shell out more gold to get it and upgrade it. No idea why they aren't giving that one out to hunters instead, but I guess they don't want us to get a free heirloom just for being a hunter. If it was me i would at the very least use the same graphics from the heirloom spear for the one hunters will get, because it seriously looks VERY out of place to suddenly have a level 100 Pandaria spear when we're coming out of Warlords and going into Legion....
ImageImage
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

wait.. wernt there alot of boa weps for all classes instead of one?
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Well yes, but the thing is that right now if we'd like to use an heirloom to level up a Legion SV hunter, the only choice we'd have would be the Warden Staff since the only other 2H weapon that has agility on it is the Lava Dredger and that's a mace so we can't equip it. That's why they created an heirloom spear, because that's the artifact for SV hunters, and seeing them level up with what looks like a caster staff would look out of place. Of course Feral and Guardian druids along with Brewmaster monks can use the spear too.
ImageImage
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Shinryu Masaki wrote:Yeah the dragon one should be the one sent to us if we're SV when pre-patch hits, unless it's sent to all hunters regardless of spec? The heirloom one is bought from the vendors in their respective cities, so we'll have to shell out more gold to get it and upgrade it. No idea why they aren't giving that one out to hunters instead, but I guess they don't want us to get a free heirloom just for being a hunter. If it was me i would at the very least use the same graphics from the heirloom spear for the one hunters will get, because it seriously looks VERY out of place to suddenly have a level 100 Pandaria spear when we're coming out of Warlords and going into Legion....

On the PTR, currently it will send you a polearm regardless of the spec you're in. I was BM when I went onto the PTR and still had the polearm waiting for me in the mail (my alt spec was MM). It did the same on the Beta, but i can't remember what spec my first premade 100 was going in. But the polearm was there.

edited to remove the other links I had in here, because Bendak did a really good coverage of other polearms as well, for any interested:
http://eyesofthebeast.com/2016/07/weapo ... patch-7-0/

Pewmew
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: aegwynn

Unread post by Pewmew »

13thmaiden wrote:Ooooh much nicer than the other one, it was one of those dragon ones with a blade sticking out of it's mouth.
Last week I transferred my 26 baby hunter to the PTR and he got that dragon blade in his bags as his survival weapon.

The nice BOA heirloom one is on the heirloom merchant. So you still have to buy it for it to be available for your alts.