Page 1 of 1

DK ICC quest question

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:14 pm
by Iowawolf
I have a Death Knight doing the quests to get the sword and mount forgot what it is called but anyway since I haven't played him as much as my hunters got me thinking. If I say group him with one of my hunters would it be possible for my hunter to kill the mobs that drop those shard things then switch to my DK so he can loot them or if he is in group does it give a chance to drop even if he is offline so my DK has to be online and with my hunter.

If this is possible I would like to know please because I would like to finish this quest which he has had since long ago.

Re: DK ICC quest question

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:30 am
by Karathyriel
Are you talking about multiple accounts?
I don't have any idea how this should be working otherwise.

So you'd need 2 Accounts, one with your DK on it, the other with your hunter on it. Both characters need to be logged in, meaning you'd need to run WoW two times on your machine or once on two different machines. If you have that, you'd invite the DK with your hunter and accept the invitation with your DK, Then you need to let your DK simply follow your hunter and run ICC with your hunter.
Loot settings have to be set to "free for all", I think. And if I'm not very much mistaken, drop for characters who have the quest only, so your hunter couldn't loot those shards.

Should be working if Blizz didn't somehow make the shard drop only under certain circumstances.

Re: DK ICC quest question

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:13 am
by Makoes
I am pretty sure you still need your DK to be eligible for loot from the mob for him to loot it. So he would need to be there in the raid, online, in order to loot them.

Re: DK ICC quest question

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:34 pm
by Iowawolf
What I was fearing thank you for answers

Re: DK ICC quest question

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:54 pm
by Karathyriel
The easier way would be to have a Lvl 100 friend go with you.

Re: DK ICC quest question

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:36 pm
by Iowawolf
I do have another account I guess I can activate for about a month make a new hunter there so I can use that hunter and run my DK through ICC only thing really I can think of doing since I don't have many friends and those on my battle tag are always too busy to want to help.

Re: DK ICC quest question

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:43 pm
by Karathyriel
Maybe one of the Petopians can help out?
I'm on german servers, I'm afraid.

Re: DK ICC quest question

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:57 pm
by zedxrgal
I could try and help if you'd like??
I'm on Nesingwary US mainly.

My only hiccup is I've a wacky work schedule M-F so not sure I could be on. But let me know. :)