Page 1 of 1

Pet scaling

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:13 pm
by Sphax
When i started playing wow back in vanilla i had no idea that the pet scales with ur lvl. So in the beginning i always retamed a pet cause it became little and i wanted a big one. But when i was lvl 60 i missed the small pet i had back then. and now 80 they are even bigger.

In cataclysm would be nice if pet scaled with "feed pet" if u feed it a lot it gets big and if u feed it less it gets smaller etc or maybe special diets. etc Meats increases size or Fruit decreases size :P

I want a smaller pet than the oen i have now :P


What u think?

Re: Pet scaling

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:16 pm
by Karathyriel
I could still weep silently into my shirt when I see that even on level 80 my Gerethay is still smaller than the level 9 mob I tamed him from.
To have them grow with each level sure is a nice idea but why shrinking them anyway?

I want a big, filthy lion the size of a truck that I can order to attack people, before I start to put holes in their hide with my big filthy gun.

On level 10 I always expect my cat to go "meow" and then run away. Then my level 10 hunter will take a big gulp, start sweating, put a false smile on his lips and... dies in a very nasty and brutal scene. And on top of it, the tiny lil' cat comes back to lick the dead elfs hand... Pah!

Bigger pets for more fear in my enemies! :lol:

Re: Pet scaling

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:19 pm
by Nikrosnil
So if I keep my lvl 9 durotar tiger on my nesingwary hunter, will it be bigger at level 60?

Re: Pet scaling

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:19 pm
by Vephriel
I understand that they don't want pets too big since that would be a nuisance to others, but I still wish we could have some of our Exotics slightly larger in size.

The Core Hounds, for example, on the WotLK beta were larger than the ones we have in game now. They looked wicked beside a hunter for their size after taming, but then the live expansion hit and they had greatly decreased the after-tame size. :(

I also wish my Devilsaur could be a bit bigger.

Re: Pet scaling

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:22 pm
by Karathyriel
I got the same devilsaur now, Veph... Called him "Kalis", becuase I had "Kali", the inidian evil goddes in my mind suddenly...

Re: Pet scaling

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:26 pm
by Vephriel
Wee! <3 Black Devilsaurs! :D

They can be fwiends. :3

Re: Pet scaling

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:35 pm
by Karathyriel
Yeah, they can be... But only pen pals, I'm afraid, since we're not even playing on the same continent!
Images of a letter-writing T-Rex with his tip of the tongue sticking out sideways while concentrating hard are just coming to mind... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Pet scaling

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:36 pm
by Vephriel
Omg! Cutest visual picture ever! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trying to use his wittle claws to hold a pen, maybe some tiny reading glasses? xD

Re: Pet scaling

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:39 pm
by Karathyriel
Or maybe he writes just like Arthur, the duck from "Sheldon", the daily webcomic:

Image

The pic in the middle of the upper row! :lol:

Re: Pet scaling

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:57 pm
by Chrizesu
I think they've actually shrunk the devisaurs since exotic taming became an option. Actually a good thing, finding it hard to target around my own pets.

Re: Pet scaling

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:59 pm
by Saturo
Back in the WoW Beta, pets did'nt shrink at all. Some pets were bigger than Raid bosses.

Heck, some pets are still a bit too big, soemtimes when I have a Devilsaur out I get whispers from people saying "move ur pet", because he's blocking the NPC.

Re: Pet scaling

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:05 pm
by VelkynKarma
Nikkrosnil wrote:So if I keep my lvl 9 durotar tiger on my nesingwary hunter, will it be bigger at level 60?
Theoretically it will be. It'll certainly be bigger than it was when you first tamed it. If you took a level 60 hunter with the same pet and stood their tiger next to yours there would be a noticable size difference. But it still might not be bigger than the original mob you tamed XD

I should run back into SM and see if Jia's gotten any bigger...

~VelkynKarma

Re: Pet scaling

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:23 pm
by Dragonpuff
My Wind Serpent is huge now compared to when I tamed her at Level 11. I ran back to WC to help a friend through the dungeon, saw the mob I tamed and was like, "Aw, it's so little! *squee* "

I like pets that have some presence to them, so people don't miss them. If you have an awesome pet, you want people around you to know it! ;D

Re: Pet scaling

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:12 pm
by Danielfboone
They definitely do grow larger as they gain levels but they almost never attain the size they were in the wild.

Re: Pet scaling

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:15 pm
by Danielfboone
Karathyriel wrote:I got the same devilsaur now, Veph... Called him "Kalis", becuase I had "Kali", the inidian evil goddes in my mind suddenly...
I have the same Devilsaur too. I named him Gojira which is the original Japanese name for Godzilla. I don't use him much though because he's just too big and gets in the way sometimes. People in raids hate him :(

Re: Pet scaling

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:01 am
by Ryno
Heh, I remember having the spider from Stonetalon Mountains, the really big one, and she stayed huge for awhile. I think shortly after they put in that pets shrink. Oh Besseleth, you were awesome for a time. http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=11921

Re: Pet scaling

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:22 pm
by Chrizesu
I actually personally took pride when originally leveling my hunter and her pet seemed to grow every once in a while.

I had a Deviate stalker, then I tamed tethis at level, but when I got to outland I stopped mainly using raptors and had a color changing ravager named kiwi.

Re: Pet scaling

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:05 pm
by Striv
I wish my cat was bigger @_@ and my tallstrider. As for my devilsaur he's perfect.

Re: Pet scaling

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:30 pm
by Azzrazzah
And I think Spirit Beasts should be on a random sizer.. Afterall they are spirits.. Oh and while I'm on a rant.. How about being able to go through walls also.. And while here I'm gonna yell at Blizz to pull their collective heads out and put more Stable slots in the game!!!!!

Re: Pet scaling

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:34 pm
by Saturo
I wish they'd fix run animations for devilsaurs, crocs, warpstalkers and so forth. Thy look like rogues did a number of patches ago!

*Giggles at the memory of the waggling rogues*