Page 1 of 1

whats up with Blizz admin today?

Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:43 pm
by Redith
So I decided to do a relm change. I have done 4 in my wow lifetime. They have allways taken less then an hour.
However for the last 2 hours after I submitted my request, the tanfer dept was down. THEN when it did come up its estimated time was 7 hours. Any reason I dont know of

Re: whats up with Blizz admin today?

Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:49 pm
by Dewclaw
They did a lot of maintenance over the past 24 hours, including a long list of realms and the login server. This might have something to do with it, just give it time.

Re: whats up with Blizz admin today?

Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:41 pm
by Sarayana
Yeah they're getting the older servers updated to be ready for Cataclysm. Who knows what they're messing about with back there? ;) Just be patient, you'll be transferred soon enough. :)

Oh. Does this mean you got your accounts back?

Re: whats up with Blizz admin today?

Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:43 pm
by Chrizesu
Actually I'm not even sure if it's for cata the servers were down. Most of the realms down are AT&T servers.

Re: whats up with Blizz admin today?

Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:09 pm
by Sarayana
Chrizesu wrote:Actually I'm not even sure if it's for cata the servers were down. Most of the realms down are AT&T servers.
Hm. I don't know, I just read that the official story is that they were down for pre-cata preparation.

Re: whats up with Blizz admin today?

Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:23 pm
by Chrizesu
Sarayana wrote:
Chrizesu wrote:Actually I'm not even sure if it's for cata the servers were down. Most of the realms down are AT&T servers.
Hm. I don't know, I just read that the official story is that they were down for pre-cata preparation.
It would be incredibly unwise for them to do that now then, as Cata atm is extremely...broken. Talents aren't even finished.

Edit: Hmm, maybe what they're doing is shifting stuff around to the servers can take the load.

All I know is that there are a lot of death knights on my server now.

Re: whats up with Blizz admin today?

Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:32 pm
by zedxrgal
I'm guess it's server updates etc. I haven't even been able to select a realm transfer yet and I'm not sure why.

Re: whats up with Blizz admin today?

Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:40 pm
by Sarayana
Chrizesu wrote:
Sarayana wrote:
Chrizesu wrote:Actually I'm not even sure if it's for cata the servers were down. Most of the realms down are AT&T servers.
Hm. I don't know, I just read that the official story is that they were down for pre-cata preparation.
It would be incredibly unwise for them to do that now then, as Cata atm is extremely...broken. Talents aren't even finished.

Edit: Hmm, maybe what they're doing is shifting stuff around to the servers can take the load.

All I know is that there are a lot of death knights on my server now.
Well I don't expect they're trying to do anything more than just fix the oldest and most buggy servers. They did that a good while before Wrath launched too.