Page 1 of 1

Petopians RP Night Summary (For June 11, 2010)

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:29 pm
by Ryno
Rynoh's associate, a blood elf warlock who never told anyone her name, summoned the entire group to a location at her choosing, and had them share all the information they could about anything. Her imp, Garyap, took notes. Leaving early, she left the imp there to collect any additional data.

If anyone has anything to add, please do so! What did your character give as information? What character development took place? What things did your character learn? Teach others? Post it here!

Re: Petopians RP Night Summary (For June 11, 2010)

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:35 pm
by Redith
Redith was extremely suspicious of the person and why they had been summoned. It was odd how focused she was about the spirit beasts, and "The Beast"

Re: Petopians RP Night Summary (For June 11, 2010)

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:56 pm
by Rottingham
I took some screenshots of the event:

Nystindra having something to say
http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt23 ... 1276314494

People circled around
http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt23 ... 1276314494

Razzled making his statement to the hostess
http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt23 ... 1276314494

Everyone marveled at the Spirit Beast
http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt23 ... 1276314494

Nearly everyone at the beginning of the meating
http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt23 ... 1276314494

The showing of Beast
http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt23 ... 1276314494

The hostess speaking to Sinnocent
http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt23 ... 1276314494

The showing of the Spirit Wolf
http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt23 ... 1276314494

A rather large Parrot
http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt23 ... 1276314494

Again, I would like to thank you for the evening. It was fun, and I enjoyed it :D hope the "info" I gave was helpful *teehee*

Re: Petopians RP Night Summary (For June 11, 2010)

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:08 am
by Redith
Image
Image
Image

Re: Petopians RP Night Summary (For June 11, 2010)

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:14 am
by kamoodle5
I got one screenie, too. I was glad to be a part of this event. I'd do it again soon.

Re: Petopians RP Night Summary (For June 11, 2010)

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:48 am
by Gala
perhaps it would be best if we made a list of RP taboos before the next event?

Re: Petopians RP Night Summary (For June 11, 2010)

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:53 am
by Teigan
.

Re: Petopians RP Night Summary (For June 11, 2010)

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:37 am
by Razzy
I liked this a lot, even though it was one of the first wow role plays I've really engaged in. It helped me to flesh out Razzled's personality a little more.

Personally, I'd love to do this again.

Re: Petopians RP Night Summary (For June 11, 2010)

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:44 pm
by Ryno
I'm very glad everyone had fun. I also can't express how proud I am over the fact that people had their characters ignorant of a lot of facts (the pets that were shown mostly). I always worry people will think "Well my toon has seen spirit beasts, has been to MC, so they know of this type of thing, right?" Which may of course make perfect sense for RP, but better RP has your character completely unaware of a lot of things. So glad people came to that conclusion also. :D
Galadrael wrote:perhaps it would be best if we made a list of RP taboos before the next event?
I really don't want to make a list or anything specific like that. This is casual RP, people should be able to do whatever they want. I think for the most part this is directed at Zangor's death knight character, which was a frost wyrm who the Lich King had "special interests" in. Normally, on an RP realm, this would be looked down upon. But since we're a casual group, I want a lot of room to wiggle when making a character. Now, things mentioned in other threads, like involving major lore characters too deeply in your character's history (IE Thrall being your relative, etc.) is something I'd like to frown upon and discourage.

Re: Petopians RP Night Summary (For June 11, 2010)

Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:46 pm
by Karrosh
I enjoyed the event quite a bit. First time I've ever involved myself in anything like that, was a good experience.

I sort of instilled some of my own trepidation into the character I suppose, as I was uncertain of how it would play out I spent a good while sitting and observing, trying to feel out the nature of the gathering. It was also a chance for Karrosh to learn a bit about things he has not encountered from the more experienced members of the gathering.

I imagine in the future he will feel more secure in his presence there, and with that will have more substantial contributions to make.

Re: Petopians RP Night Summary (For June 11, 2010)

Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:10 pm
by Sochi
This is the second role-play event that I've attended with Shaon. I feel it went quite well. Through writing and these events, though there have been only two-more please-I have gotten to know my main alt better.

Shaon isn't the type to judge right off the bat. To her, a death knight is a member of the horde and she will give them a chance to let their characters show, i.e., whether they be good or bad. She gives chances.

She's also a polite person, asking permission and such before speaking. In truth, being the center of attention for so long as she brought her new companions forth for viewing was a little uncomfortable, as Shaon prefers a little less attention. Her habit of addressing other hunters as 'sister' or 'brother' stems from her view that others of her class are in a way, kin, and calling them sister or brother is a sign of that kinship. They're all walking the same path she's on after all.

I mentioned my main, Sochi. Shaon called her Mentor Sochi, which is true, as Sochi was my learning toon and with Shaon I improved my skills. She is very much Shaon's mentor.

All in all, I think this very well and I am looking forward to another event of this sort. In fact, I like it so much, that should any guildies wish to group and role-play, let me know.

Re: Petopians RP Night Summary (For June 11, 2010)

Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:24 pm
by Nevar
I came in a bit too late so was quite a bit lost..that and well I have such a good story for my main hunter yet for the troll..not so much :( Im thinking of making a blood elf hunter since it would go along rather well with the story I have in mind..