"Flat" Draenor Raptors?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Slapperfish
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg, Wyrmrest Accord

"Flat" Draenor Raptors?

#1 Unread post by Slapperfish » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:50 am

Ever since 8.0 hit, I've noticed that something was off with the Draenor raptor model. It never truly clicked with me until recently, when I finally obtained the Skullripper mount and realized just how out of place it looks while riding it. Simply put, the raptors seem to be "flat" with no shading effects present.

At the moment, this could be due to one of three things: Either the model itself has erroneously lost its shading effects, has a glowmap on its entire body instead of just its eyes (I tried to see if that raptor model is affected by darker skyboxes, such as Tyrande's End Time area, but that boss hasn't been available to me the past couple days), or it's simply a clientside graphical bug.

Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me?

Kent, 120 Human Hunter & Jezpalimu, 120 Troll Hunter
"So many pets, so little tame..."

worgpower
Realm: Dethecus

Re: "Flat" Draenor Raptors?

#2 Unread post by worgpower » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:49 pm

I also noticed how out of place they look, the only colors that are fine is the Gon color and the shaman raptor skins as well, they should rework the lighting and shade on the models, even the vicious war raptor doesn’t have the effect either

Slapperfish
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg, Wyrmrest Accord

Re: "Flat" Draenor Raptors?

#3 Unread post by Slapperfish » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:50 pm

Looks like it got fixed with 8.1.5! Just used my Skullripper for the first time in a while and he's properly shaded. Problem solved! :P

Kent, 120 Human Hunter & Jezpalimu, 120 Troll Hunter
"So many pets, so little tame..."