An Ill Wind Blows (Side Pinkerlocke)

Varethyn
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Re: An Ill Wind Blows (Side Pinkerlocke)

#221 Unread post by Varethyn » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:03 am

Thank you! He arrived safe and sound. And got straight to business, shall we say? :lol:
Sorry any Hiriscinth fans

How would you like to split the hatchlings when they are born? :)

Also as a heads up. I got a material today and the story portion will be for WoC, but I'll be out most of the day. So consider this your last chance to adopt Venilia as she will be exalted either once the chapter is up or later tonight.

Mĭrya Namárië
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Azol-Nerub handle: Tårnfalk #2397

#222 Unread post by Mĭrya Namárië » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:41 am

I just exalt mine as I only keep dragons with an id of 6 or less.. so what you want to do with them is up to you :)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Flight Rising Lair

Varethyn

#223 Unread post by Varethyn » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:57 pm

Sorry to say guys but the next chapter is going to be postponed. The majority of it is written up but I am struggling hard to figure out a convincing reason why Vennie suddenly dies. Hopefully I'll be inspired in my sleep.

Speaking of Vennie, she is sadly going to be exalted as no one has offered, or has space, to adopt her. Good bye Venilia :hug:

On a separate note I flipped Heads for a coliseum run today. ...and rolled a 5. Death streak ohhhhh boy. Rolled Iris (lv7), Hyacinth (lv8) and Acacia (lv3). Remember, death streaks are forced into hard mode rules so gotta stick to the venue corresponding the highest level. Scorched Forest with a lv3. Yeah, you can probably guess how that went. And before you ask, she hit lv4 and thus went above the lowbie safety net.

Inventory/Notes: Breed/Gene x2 OR Gen 1 Purchase x1, Wisteria Badly Injured for 3 days, Acacia for 7 days.

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

#224 Unread post by Krysteena » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:58 am

Don't worry about the chapter, inspiration is a fickle thing! No pressure at all~ :hug: Also, goodbye lil Vennie, you did so good while you were with us!

Poor Acacia, too, D: The scorched forest really hates everything and everyone at this point, poor girlie hasn't even been introduced yet and she's being given a rough time

Varethyn

#225 Unread post by Varethyn » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:04 pm

Day 57

-- RESERVED FOR RP --

Turns out I'm catching a cold yaaaay
Last edited by Varethyn on Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

LupisDarkmoon

#226 Unread post by LupisDarkmoon » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:28 pm

Hmmm! I wonder if you could die together poor Vennie's death and Acacia's injury? They did happen really close one after another, after all.

Also oh no, I hope you feel better soon! ;_; Take all the time you need to recover!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Signature by Crookfish, thank you so much!

Varethyn

#227 Unread post by Varethyn » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:25 am

Buh sorry Lupis, I didn't register all of your reply first time. I came up with something after all, and while it feels like a cop out now I'm hoping the next part (when I feel up to it) adds some interest!

Day 58
Goddamnit Pinkterton will you please let me recover in peace-

I rolled a 46 so you guys get to entertain me instead mwhahah- *Has a coughing fit.*

Image Reader Event! Image

You guys should know how this works by now!

Though... I really would like some feedback on how frequently these pop up. It wasn't long since the last one. Should I make it 90-100 instead of 40-50 for instance?

Inventory/Notes: Breed/Gene x2 OR Gen 1 Purchase x1, Acacia Badly Injured for 3 days

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

#228 Unread post by Krysteena » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:38 am

40-50 seems fine by me tbh - you're bound to have a few reader events in quick succession every now and again, I'd say, even if it is 90-100 :) Also, is that a material or a trinket? I canny work out which one it is :')

Also thank goodness for this reader event, I've been saving potions for you from this weekend of grinding like a mad woman and there's so many - they're taking over

Varethyn

#229 Unread post by Varethyn » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:25 am

Hehe aww thank you! Seriously you don't know just how many potions I go through during the coliseum runs even with a healer present. Your overabundance will be invaluable to me :hug:

Fair enough. Part of me is just worried it seems like I throw them on purpose so I don't have to do anything :lol: It's a material, so writing and literature and stuffs!

Varethyn

#230 Unread post by Varethyn » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:30 am

REPOST DUE TO SITE ROLLBACK

Lupis had mentioned really wanting to draw for me but not having the time and missing the events because of it. So how about this: There is no time limit. At all.

I respect so much that not everyone has a lot of time on their hands, let alone the amount I tend to. These events are supposed to be fun, stress-free and accessible for everyone while remaining an invitation and not a requirement. To these ends, if a writing or art prompt pops up you are welcome to send something in your own time. No need to feel you've missed out, no need to make a reservation post for later. If you saw a Reader prompt and want to join in but don't have time on the same day, do it another. It's completely fine :hug: It's up to you if you want to try to catch up with existing prompts but I personally suggest only doing one - having a lot of prompts to catch up on gets stressful fast!

On that note, I will be clearing any further writing prompts of my own as I'm getting quite the backlog while still recovering from my cold. Each side of the story now/will only have one reserved RP post; further materials will be ignored until I've gotten those two chapters posted. As you may guess today's (yesterday's now) item was another material, which I am discarding.

On another note, Iris and Shears' eggs hatched!
ImageImageImage

Now this is where I need some input. I flipped Heads for the Ridgie boy and the Mirror girl while getting Tails for the Mirror boy, meaning he dies. But I have no means of proving this and flipping again could cause very different results. Would you guys be happy if I kept it this way or re-flip to keep things fair?

Lastly, while Mirya already stated she'd only exalt any hatchlings she took in I'm still leaving the decision on how to split them open between us :hug: Since the thread I found these rules in expects both partners to be doing their own challenge, my suggestion is to keep the living ones and offer the dead ones up for adoption unless Mirya takes a shine to them and exalt them if not claimed by the time they grow up.

Mĭrya Namárië
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Azol-Nerub handle: Tårnfalk #2397

#231 Unread post by Mĭrya Namárië » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:08 am

You keep them all :). As long as you name them; ;). I don't know the rules so I say keep who ever you want! :D i trust you, so just go with your coin flip thingie :D
Their hatchlings are actually not bad. ..

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Flight Rising Lair

LupisDarkmoon

#232 Unread post by LupisDarkmoon » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:57 am

The new rules seem fantastic! Honestly the idea of discarding RP prompts until you can catch up on any backlog seems like a really good idea. More variation, less stress. And the lack of a time limit on prompts is amazing and thank you. :hug: I want SO BADLY to do some art for this locke, but time just is not allowing right now!

Those hatchlings are actually super cute?? That ridge boy especially, the way the blue stripes in his okapi match his primary/secondary is fantastic!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Signature by Crookfish, thank you so much!