Help me with gift ideas

Discuss WoW Classic and give feedback for our Petopia Classic sites, including Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
aroneia

Help me with gift ideas

Unread post by aroneia »

Hi and thank you for welcoming me to your awesome community!

I myself am merely a noob in wow and I've always been more like the greatest fan and supporter for my husband, who is really the biggest wow enthusiastic. Now that classic wow is launching on HIS BIRTHDAY, I'd really love to figure out something special and wow related for his gift. We are both horde, and my husband has desided to play hunter in the classic, so that's how I found this forum! I do like arts and crafts projects and I would like to gather something together, which could be partially hand made by me but the gift could also include something bought. My ideas so far have been a hand drawn beastiary of all of the pets tamable in the classic wow, with some additional info or some kind of funny survival pack for the launch. The survival pack could also include something related to the pets or the vanilla hunter. I also thought of making an actual poster of a leveling guide he already made himself.

I'm open for all ideas! Thank you so much and have a nice week! :)
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Help me with gift ideas

Unread post by Vephriel »

That sounds really sweet! Something that came to mind for me was perhaps the hunter class tshirt from Jinx? They handle most of the official licensed apparel and things, might be a good place to start for purchased ideas, I think the personal touch of the drawings is fantastic as well (perhaps a few iconic pets as there's well over 100 individual tames available haha)

https://www.jinx.com/p/world_of_warcraf ... lang=en-IE
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

I like the shirt and bestiary ideas!
If you like to cook and bake, you could also try making something yourself! Like maybe some cookies shaped like the bone on the feed pet button and some shaped like arrows/quiver? Maybe even just a cookie with some frosting pawprints on them. Always good to have a sweet snack when you're camping for your favorite pet ;P
I feel like something that says "TURN OFF ASPECT OF THE PACK" would be required in this situation as well XD

Siggy under construction!

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

aroneia wrote:...a hand drawn beastiary of all of the pets tamable in the classic wow...
Oh gosh, if you make that, would you let us see it?? That is an AWESOME idea!!!
aroneia

Unread post by aroneia »

Gosh guys, such awesome ideas <3 The cookies seem like an awesome idea for the launchday! And yeah the beastiary, I thought about maybe doing few pages per pet family, which I found from the petopia page. I could include the most iconic or "best" pets (if there are one) separately if I get your help with desiding the right ones :) And do you have any hints where I could find some reference art works other than the original models. I also thought about making some artwork from the ability buttons/icons, and maybe he could arrange them on the wall in the right rotation or something! I also might need help with the right abilities :D

Also all kinds of hunter "inside jokes" are welcome!