Old Epic Mounts?

Discuss WoW Classic and give feedback for our Petopia Classic sites, including Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Old Epic Mounts?

Unread post by Acherontia »

Anyone in the Classic beta know whether the old Classic epic mounts will be available?

They were in Vanilla until 1.14 (unarmored--ex. black panther, white stallion, white wolf) before being replaced by the armored epic mounts, so if we're at 1.12 content-wise I assume they'll never be obtainable on Classic servers. But other people are saying that a lot of the content is very early Vanilla and only the class balance is 1.12-levels. I'd like to double-check. I've always wanted that arctic wolf mount!
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Old Epic Mounts?

Unread post by Ana »

I would also like to know this! Always wanted an albino horse..
ohh and does the mount carries over to your regular wow account?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

The accounts for Classic/current won't be linked at all, I think. Nothing you get on Classic will carry over afaik. I don't mind THAT so much; I was just looking forward to getting the old epic mounts, until I realized that they may not be in the game at all!
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Unfortunately it doesn't sound like they will be. :(
https://www.wowhead.com/news=292170/rid ... lassic-wow

Also, slightly unrelated, but the one thing that will carry over to Classic from your main game is if you had the Vanilla CE with the 3 minipets, you'll get those pets in Classic as well, but that's all.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Okay, thanks for the answer! Good to see a proper source.

Hype for ye olde arctic wolf was the main reason I was going to go back--the thing I wanted more than anything else (and still do, lol) in WoW. I was planning to do a Frostwolf orc with matching pet--oh well, guess I will stick to BfA!
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Vephriel wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:27 pm Unfortunately it doesn't sound like they will be. :(
https://www.wowhead.com/news=292170/rid ... lassic-wow

Also, slightly unrelated, but the one thing that will carry over to Classic from your main game is if you had the Vanilla CE with the 3 minipets, you'll get those pets in Classic as well, but that's all.
Soooo nothing you pick up /do in classic will carry over to your other account? ?.. then Im not sure if I want to bother with classic. .

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Nope, they're completely separate games.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

aww shrucks.. there goes my chance of getting the hunter epic bow for Tårnfalk.... blergh

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Acherontia wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:56 am Anyone in the Classic beta know whether the old Classic epic mounts will be available?

They were in Vanilla until 1.14 (unarmored--ex. black panther, white stallion, white wolf) before being replaced by the armored epic mounts, so if we're at 1.12 content-wise I assume they'll never be obtainable on Classic servers. But other people are saying that a lot of the content is very early Vanilla and only the class balance is 1.12-levels. I'd like to double-check. I've always wanted that arctic wolf mount!
The old epic mounts were removed in patch 1.4. I know while the class balance is based on 1.12, they confirmed the original epic mounts won't be in Classic. I can't find the original interview, but devs confirmed the original epic mounts will not be available for purchase in Classic WoW. They said something similar to they didn't want players to feel "rushed" to get the mounts.