Do you travel with your pet?

Lenaly

Do you travel with your pet?

#1 Unread post by Lenaly » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:20 pm

Do you have any tips for traveling with your pet on an airplane?

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Re: Do you travel with your pet?

#2 Unread post by Dewclaw » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:37 pm

I don't know what kind of animal you have, but make sure it meets travel standards. Some states and airlines have certain vaccine requirements and it may need a health certificate to travel. Barring that, check with your vet if you think you pet might get anxious during travel. There are medications that can help. And always make sure your pet is as safe and comfortable as possible. Safe travels.

LupisDarkmoon

#3 Unread post by LupisDarkmoon » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:39 pm

Depending on the size of your pet, you may be allowed to take them out of their carrier on the plane. When I was bringing home my cat I had her out on my lap on the plane to keep her calm as she cried a lot in her carrier. However, many times it's required that your pet is a registered emotional support animal for this- it depends on the airline and how stringent the flight attendants are that day. As Dew mentioned, the most important part is finding a way to keep your pet safe, calm and comfortable!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Signature by Crookfish, thank you so much!

Casmo

#4 Unread post by Casmo » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:08 pm

Most often I travel with my little dog. Traveling by car and train is a little bit easier. In most countries, dogs are allowed on trains and boats. There might be some conditions you need to meet. Also, check out these sites, it could help during your next trip https://travelsites.com/travel-with-pets/