YAY! Oh drat!

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Shade
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

YAY! Oh drat!

Unread post by Shade » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:25 am

So last night I hit 65 on my latest hunter, a worgen. Given her name and race, I am mainly focusing on canine-ish pets, so as soon as I hit 65 I went hunting for Lightning Paw.

Eventually found the beast right next to a level 60 horde hunter. Now I know you cannot tame spirit beasts until level 65, so I swooped down and started taming. Midway through the tame a higher level goblin hunter came in and tried to tame.

Sooo I figure the lowbie hunter was helping the higher level hunter search, but I got in the way. So now I feel like a heel for taming, because that goblin was after it too, I just got there before them.

Ugh.

If you are out there, goblin hunter, I am sorry! I didn't know what was going on until after I was done with the tame. Many apologies!

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Re: YAY! Oh drat!

Unread post by Dewclaw » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:36 am

In all fairness, it sounds like you didn't know the other person was looking to tame until it was too late, and I personally would never try to tame something out from under a tame already in progress the way that person did. Sounds like just a case of messed up timing. Hopefully the goblin will get theirs soon but grats on yours.