8.3 Taming List

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: 8.3 Taming List

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

Xcreeping wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:22 am If I wanna get Blaithe and the quest NPC Choluna isnt at its location then that means ive already completed the quest and need someone to spawn it for me I assume?
Yes. You'll have to use party sync and have someone else summon for you. Luckily, the quest to summon Blaithe isn't very far in and can be reached pretty quickly.

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

DragonHeart
Realm: Eitrigg

Unread post by DragonHeart »

We really need to start bugging blizzard about making Kuchongs and other Silithid like the Goliath tameable because their models are outstandingly amazing and beautiful.
DragonHeart
Realm: Eitrigg

Unread post by DragonHeart »

Wain wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:11 pm Irewing is now tameable, if you have someone who has the Nesingwary quest to activate her. That completes the list of roc colours!
Irewing.png

And the Angerhoof Bull in Halls of Valor is also now tameable, meaning the final musken colour is also now available. (The rare Thunderhorn isn't tameable).

AngerhoofBull.png
How did you take Irewing with those NPCs shooting at him and interrupting your tame cast?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

DragonHeart wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:15 am
Wain wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:11 pm Irewing is now tameable, if you have someone who has the Nesingwary quest to activate her. That completes the list of roc colours!
Irewing.png

And the Angerhoof Bull in Halls of Valor is also now tameable, meaning the final musken colour is also now available. (The rare Thunderhorn isn't tameable).

AngerhoofBull.png
How did you take Irewing with those NPCs shooting at him and interrupting your tame cast?
I shot Irewing once, which was enough to get her aggro without killing her.

If that doesn't work for you, I wonder if you could aggro some nearby mobs before the summon, and if your assistants will be distracted by those while you use the flare and tame.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Jango
Realm: Defias Brotherhood

Unread post by Jango »

Anyone know if Thok the Bloodthirsty keeps his name in 8.3?
Zetsoban

Unread post by Zetsoban »

Wain wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:05 pm
Zetsoban wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:46 am I checked to see if the silentstrike pterrorwing is tameable now, sadly it's not. Hopefully it will be in the future! Also, is it correct there is no mention of this beast on petopia?

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=69815/silen ... terrorwing
I've added the Silentstrike now: https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id ... goldsaddle
And a couple of other skyscreamers with harnesses, too: https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id ... goldsaddle

All the possible looks are here: https://www.wow-petopia.com/family.php? ... yscreamers

Thanks for suggesting them :)
Wow I didn't know there were more of them with armor and saddle! Looks great, thanks for the effort of adding them :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Anzu is still bugging out after weekly reset.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

DragonHeart wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:56 am We really need to start bugging blizzard about making Kuchongs and other Silithid like the Goliath tameable because their models are outstandingly amazing and beautiful.
I agree those two would be great as tameable pets, but for the time being, I'm reluctant to really push for anything considering what we've already been given in 8.3

Definitely gonna try and give a nudge once Shadowlands alpha/beta comes around, though.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

DragonHeart wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:56 am We really need to start bugging blizzard about making Kuchongs and other Silithid like the Goliath tameable because their models are outstandingly amazing and beautiful.
yes.
Kunchong and Aqir Goliath should be 'silithid'. If there's much stock to the 'too intelligent' limit, the Silithid Colossi are implied to be more intelligent than Kunchong. So they'd clearly meet that requirement.

I'd tack on:
Nerubian flyers, probably as bloodbeasts
Nerubian skitterers, either as silithid, beetles, or spiders
most are undead, but there's a few that are alive in game.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've already catalogued the majority of kunchong and goliath NPCs in the game. Most, hopefully all, colours would be available to tame should they let us tame them. See:
https://www.wow-petopia.com/gallery.php ... y=silithid
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

DragonHeart wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:15 am
Irewing.png

AngerhoofBull.png
I noticed the NPC stop shooting if you throw a freezing trap down (at least lay night that was the case). I helped another Hunter with taming when I threw down a second trap. He helped me by summoning it again so I could tame Irewing.

Though, it does seem like Irewing also first targets the flare-user. So the other Hunter had to feign or otherwise lose aggro before I could trap-tame for mine.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

After all of the games that we were just given; all of which they did not have to give us, we really shouldn’t be going to Blizzard and bugging them for more pets. It comes across as ungrateful.

Chances are that they are planning on making them tamable, but they are figuring out the pet families and where they should fit in all of that.
Sarynotsorry
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Sarynotsorry »

sewer.PNG
sewer.PNG (1 MiB) Viewed 6791 times
Sewer Beastling in the horrific vision (stormwind) is indeed now tameable :)
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

I was just about to post the same thing, noticed Sewer Beast is tameable and uses the Void Warp Stalker model. Hopefully this means that the other allied races "unique starter" pets will also become tameable in some way.

Note however, he kinda moves fast. Also, depending on what district you're in, you may get Vareesa as an ally NPC who may start to beat up on him and steal aggro if you just try to tame him straight away. I used a single Cobra shot and it was enough to keep threat on me despite her hitting him and completed tame with no issue.

Edit:
No, he doesn't seem to keep his name.
Attachments
sewer_beast.jpg
sewer_beast.jpg (230.67 KiB) Viewed 6782 times

Runethia
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Runethia »

The Voidgorged stalker in Mac'Aree that uses the same model is also tameable.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Umbraliss is also tameable! (and keeps its name) :)
Kokiron
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Kokiron »

If you're having trouble with the void warp stalkers still being abberations, log out and delete your cache, then log back in :)
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

You know, I kind of wish the void stalker had been a spirit beast....purely for the selfish reason that it would finally be a spirit beast I'd love and want to use. :D It just seems like they're unique and "ghostly" enough to be something more than a regular creature, would have been a fun classification.
Kokiron
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Kokiron »

Vephriel wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:37 pm You know, I kind of wish the void stalker had been a spirit beast....purely for the selfish reason that it would finally be a spirit beast I'd love and want to use. :D It just seems like they're unique and "ghostly" enough to be something more than a regular creature, would have been a fun classification.
A lot of the classifications dont make sense to me but sometimes in a hilariously good way. Like rhinos being ferocity and cranes being tenacity LOL
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Just noticed that the armored bears, on the tameable page, show the old model. They are using the new model ingame.