9.2 PTR Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: 9.2 PTR Beast Thread

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

The wolf/fox things definitely use new rigs. The animations are far too smooth and fluid compared to any worg or fox models. As worgpower pointed out, they also have completely new resting animations. Without a doubt, that wolf/fox thing is entirely new. Same goes with the eagle/vulture, as that's got all sorts of new animations as well as a totally new body shape that doesn't fit with the old bird models. The axolotl thing also uses totally new animations. A shame that we see a few bear reskins here and there, but hey; I kind of like the bear rig, so that's fine by me.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

The eagle is using the new phoenix rig, and the axolotl is using the new warp stalker rig.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I keep forgetting the warp stalker got new animations, considering they weren't put on pets. Still new...for pets!
As for the phoenix rig, I don't recall it having such a vicious looking set of animations. It looked more like an updated hawk or vulture rig, rather than anything similar to the phoenix. You mean that blue store mount, right? Or something else?
Winterborn
Realm: Burning Legion, Jaedenar

Unread post by Winterborn »

That birb mount though, also, this maybe the patch that will give us our well needed spirit beasts! But please let them not be a cat, or worg.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Honestly, with how wild they're trying to go with the prototype look, they could really go crazy and give us something special if they wanted. Make use of the werebear rig, make it have features of several creatures like a chimera, and bam; perfect spirit beast that fits the theme of the zone. This could also be a fun way to give us a snail pet, since that thing stands out so very much from the construct designs of literally every other beast. Though let's be real; it's totally going to be a cat or wolf again if we get a spirit beast. We've not had any creative spirit beasts in a long while. Loque'nahak is still the most unique, as nothing is remotely close to it in terms of design. Some spirit beasts are unique, like Elegon and Gon, but Loque is still the only one that's truly imaginative. While I love Arcturis, even I can acknowledge that it was just one of the first in a line of boring ghostly pets. Excluding Elegon, the only non-ghostly spirit beasts are Loque, Hati, Skoll, Mana Sabers, Gon, and Gara. Of those, the only one that's not a cat or wolf is Gon. Even then, it's just a blinding blue raptor that's slightly taller. Loque at least has a completely unique design, with the glowing mouth and wonderfully unique fur pattern. I excluded Elegon since it's a constellation, so its ghostly trait was acceptable from a design perspective. Still, it's sadly just a ghostly pet with a little extra added to it.

We're going to get another ghost cat or ghost wolf, or maybe just a transparent neon animal. I want us to get more unique spirit beasts, but we've had a trend of neon ghosts and cat/wolf reskins.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:03 pm I keep forgetting the warp stalker got new animations, considering they weren't put on pets. Still new...for pets!
As for the phoenix rig, I don't recall it having such a vicious looking set of animations. It looked more like an updated hawk or vulture rig, rather than anything similar to the phoenix. You mean that blue store mount, right? Or something else?
Correct. Bear in mind that the blue phoenix mount may not have a complete set of animations attached to it, so more may have been added for this model.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Good point. Definitely need to see it in motion to really compare the two though. It could resemble the phoenix, or it may just be slightly tweaked. I hope it's the former, but still.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:44 pm Good point. Definitely need to see it in motion to really compare the two though. It could resemble the phoenix, or it may just be slightly tweaked. I hope it's the former, but still.
We still need more carrion birds, that Phoenix thing looks perfect for the family, but the thing that I dislike is that dread ravens and rocs are in Birds of prey while normal crows and vultures are carrion birds, I’m still crossing fingers for all the beasts to become tameable, and some of the old ones like razorwings and the other beast you all know I’d mention
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Devourer Jormungar.
Would be nice if they made it in.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

This is definitely the patch to give us tameable devourers. Here's hoping. The worm and that really broken looking crawg-like one would be fun additions.
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by ace_of_hearth »

Wain wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:46 am
worgpower wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:32 am Since 9.2 ptr is around the corner, one of us should list the beasts/undead that still need or should be tameable, maybe they’ll add more beasts or not
Check out our tame suggestion list first:
https://www.wow-petopia.com/tamecheck.php

Feel free to suggest additions. Your candidate must be currently untameable but attackable and won’t cause a big disruption if it suddenly becomes tameable.
Nice list. Would love for you to add Hawkstriders from Outlands as well if you have already included untamable models such as the Demonic Beholder Corehound.

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=21005/azurebeak
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Almost the entire Devourer family should become tameable. Gorgers, Animites, Maulers, and that worm (if it makes it in). They are all beast-like and are not sapient and/or sentient. The ones that shouldn't be tameable would be the Worldeaters and the Controllers, due to their intelligence and not really being beast-like.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Valnaaros wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:35 pm Almost the entire Devourer family should become tameable. Gorgers, Animites, Maulers, and that worm (if it makes it in). They are all beast-like and are not sapient and/or sentient. The ones that shouldn't be tameable would be the Worldeaters and the Controllers, due to their intelligence and not really being beast-like.
I want all of them, except for the sentient ones since they’re ugly, the broken devourers look cool and reminds me of a post apocalyptic effect
Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Cozzene »

It's cool that they keep releasing new beasts, but there are still some old things I'd like revisited. i.e. with could serpents now tameable... well, proto drakes are described as beasts. Not sentient, not human shape shifting intelligent life forms that you can carry a conversation with. Beasts.

I'd like to see some love put into older skins too, like the boars just got. Some day, a new patch will come with a great deal of hunter fluff. Maybe. Eventually.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Cozzene wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:07 pm It's cool that they keep releasing new beasts, but there are still some old things I'd like revisited. i.e. with could serpents now tameable... well, proto drakes are described as beasts. Not sentient, not human shape shifting intelligent life forms that you can carry a conversation with. Beasts.

I'd like to see some love put into older skins too, like the boars just got. Some day, a new patch will come with a great deal of hunter fluff. Maybe. Eventually.
SOUL EATERZ!!!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Cozzene wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:07 pm It's cool that they keep releasing new beasts, but there are still some old things I'd like revisited. i.e. with could serpents now tameable... well, proto drakes are described as beasts. Not sentient, not human shape shifting intelligent life forms that you can carry a conversation with. Beasts.

To be fair, they have done a ton for hunters over the past few xpacs, and they are under no obligation to do so.

I think that the older skins are a passion project of a dev or a few devs, seeing as a lot of times the models that do get updates have nothing to do with the current content, like the boars.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Going off of one of the interviews, it may be a few weeks until 9.2 deploys onto the ptr.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Valnaaros wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:23 pm Going off of one of the interviews, it may be a few weeks until 9.2 deploys onto the ptr.
Can’t wait to test tames and explore color tints
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

The aspects were literally proto drakes at one point though, lol.
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

I will never not ask for slime pets, Especially with maldraxxus.
Lemme have my own goo boy!
Long as they aint bound to Exotics. Not everyone plays a BM

Though I can't say i'm not juuust a lil disappointed that most of these special ancient animals look like bone rigs.