10.1.5 Beast Thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: 10.1.5 Beast Thread

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Thanks Wain :)
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Thank you for finding this one Valnaaros! I've been waiting with bated breath.

I've finished my Whelp dailies for the day, I wonder if someone else still had it if they could share it or still summon the mobs for someone else. I'm so impatient now. :lol:
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Oh shoot I already had that quest, didn't even think to try taming any of those creatures. Maybe it'll pop up again for me soon. Thanks so much!!
Vephriel

I stood next to the swing and waited until other people came around and did the quest, was able to snag one of the spiders, though it was a bit tough if the original person does any AoE. Also if Osthilde dies too quickly she won't spawn them.
Attachments
Image1.png
Image1.png (939.42 KiB) Viewed 35072 times
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

You're welcome! :D
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Shame it wasn't a spirit beast, but still nice that it's so accessible. Osthilde is a pain in the butt though; I stood far back to let my pet take all the damage until the spiders spawn, but the knockback caught me off guard and I fell off the whelp daycare island the first time lol. I managed to get mine with little problem otherwise since almost nobody was around, but I did end up drawing ire from a few people because of my RNG. That goblin shredder boss yoinked a dude to me so many times that he got pretty mad.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

I havent had a chance to do the quest yet.
What level are the spiders? Can a lowbie be carried there and tame one? I know my fiance would like one on his hunter, but its not max yet.

Siggy under construction!

Vephriel

Bowno wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:14 am I havent had a chance to do the quest yet.
What level are the spiders? Can a lowbie be carried there and tame one? I know my fiance would like one on his hunter, but its not max yet.
I'm assuming since it's Dragonflight content it will likely be scaled to 60 at the very minimum, but I can't say for sure as they were level 70 for me.
Vesania
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Vesania »

WerebearGuy wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:51 am Shame it wasn't a spirit beast, but still nice that it's so accessible. Osthilde is a pain in the butt though; I stood far back to let my pet take all the damage until the spiders spawn, but the knockback caught me off guard and I fell off the whelp daycare island the first time lol. I managed to get mine with little problem otherwise since almost nobody was around, but I did end up drawing ire from a few people because of my RNG. That goblin shredder boss yoinked a dude to me so many times that he got pretty mad.
It couldn't be a Spirit Beast, because the NPC family is listed as Spider on DB.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Vephriel wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:50 pm
Bowno wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:14 am I havent had a chance to do the quest yet.
I'm assuming since it's Dragonflight content it will likely be scaled to 60 at the very minimum, but I can't say for sure as they were level 70 for me.
I figured. I'll keep my eyes open to see if anything else pops up too. Its a beautiful spider.

Siggy under construction!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Vesania wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:33 pm
WerebearGuy wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:51 am Shame it wasn't a spirit beast, but still nice that it's so accessible.
It couldn't be a Spirit Beast, because the NPC family is listed as Spider on DB.
Yes, we already know that. Saying that something is a shame means you wish that it was different to what it was.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

At this point spirit beasts aren’t that special since I tamed a lot of cool spectral beasts like corpse tickler, the rare ethereal mana Ray, and even Shadow of dambala, so my point is spirit beasts ain’t that special no more
Vesania
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Vesania »

worgpower wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:39 pm At this point spirit beasts aren’t that special since I tamed a lot of cool spectral beasts like corpse tickler, the rare ethereal mana Ray, and even Shadow of dambala, so my point is spirit beasts ain’t that special no more
Most families aren't special anymore, both as appareance and abilities. It's a good thing that other families have similar appareances, but I'm still mad about the abilities unification; I liked how every family had an unique ability or more than one, it created variety.
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

I've been putting off doing the whelp care quests. Now I have an incentive to start doing them!
Dysphoria
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Dysphoria »

Does it retain it's name when tamed or no?
Vephriel

Dysphoria wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:11 pm Does it retain it's name when tamed or no?
No, it's just "spider" after taming.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

WoWScrnShot_072623_153603.jpg
WoWScrnShot_072623_153603.jpg (254.02 KiB) Viewed 34709 times
I just got mine, woohoo, I got excited when I got the quest, I waited for one player to leave and checked if anyone came. I did the quest once without the npc summoned, redid the quest and got her the third time, and then got the spider.

This is not really the place to say it, but I finally got BLack & Gold Treasurewhiskers and Empowered Mana Wyrms in the same exact room!! I felt lucky, same with the death skitterer
Dysphoria
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Dysphoria »

Just got mine too! I don't have the quest as I haven't done much of the whelp day care quests. I just waited in the area until someone spawned the witch. It was a little tricky waiting for someone to spawn her and not kill her before she spawned the spiders. Also, once she has spawned them, trying to tame one was also challenging as the other player kept ripping aggro but got there in the end!

Rabenschrey
Realm: EU-Thrall

Unread post by Rabenschrey »

The quest was up yesterday on EU-Thrall. Was a pretty easy tame. It fits perfectly with the spectral spider from Maldraxxus.

https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id ... n-spectral

Got a couple of whispers, asking me where i got both spiders from 8-)

Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

If the appropriate NPC doesn't spawn from the book, do you just 'use' the book again? or do you have to do something else?