10.1.5 Beast Thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: 10.1.5 Beast Thread

Unread post by worgpower »

Boven wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:14 am If the appropriate NPC doesn't spawn from the book, do you just 'use' the book again? or do you have to do something else?
If it doesn’t spawn, you can abandon the quest and do it repeatedly until the npc spawns, that’s what I did to tame the Skitterer
FeralBetaKitten
Realm: Dreanor

Unread post by FeralBetaKitten »

Easier is just mounting on your dragon rq and running away. It despawns after a few seconds and you can summon again.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I found that if I stood back a little (not even that far!) the NPC that the book summons didn't attack at all. Its aggro radius isn't that great. And if it does aggro, it usually gives up if you make it to the bridge.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

I got two of them last night. It took a lot of tries before the correct NPC spawned, and in between attempts others came up to do the quest. When Osthilde spawned, I waited for the spiders, then turtled, tamed one, dismissed it, and tamed a second one.

I don't know how or why, but when I turtled and was taming the first spider, Osthilde decided to run across to the gazebo'ish structure is where the daily quest whelp is and started beating the heck out of some poor afk warlock. After taming the 2nd spider, I was able to get over there in time to save the poor guy.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Boven wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:15 am I got two of them last night. It took a lot of tries before the correct NPC spawned, and in between attempts others came up to do the quest. When Osthilde spawned, I waited for the spiders, then turtled, tamed one, dismissed it, and tamed a second one.

I don't know how or why, but when I turtled and was taming the first spider, Osthilde decided to run across to the gazebo'ish structure is where the daily quest whelp is and started beating the heck out of some poor afk warlock. After taming the 2nd spider, I was able to get over there in time to save the poor guy.
Nice, and the warlock deserved it for not letting us tame demon spiders until shadowlands